It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:47 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi guys I'm new to the forum but I feel just so angry and defeated right now. I didn't have anywhere else to turn to get my frustration and sadness out. So guys here's my story. Well yesterday I went to get the rest of my strips out, so I don't know if my only one that does this but I like to add up exactly how much everything will be before I even go in the pharmacy so for my last 36 it was going to be 221 with my discount card. Here's when the crap hit the fan. I told the pharmacist wanted the rest of my strips out,(He said Ok great) but he only fills 24 with out telling me anything they charge me $221 exactly as I added it up for 36 with the (DISCOUNT CARD!) so I pay it get them outside then I open bag to only 24 so rush back in to tell them and their response was ( Discount card wouldn't work so we gave you what you filled last time at full price) I said this has to be some kind of joke because I would have never paid that price if would've known this up front. So he adds it up and says for 24 at full price is $221 and I told him no it was supposed to be $221 for 36 on my card so that's why I paid it without ? because they're both the same price. Then I tell them well can I have my 36 instead once the card works he said yeah we can fill the 12 for you ok that'll be $80, I said no just take it out of the $221 I gave y'all he said no sir we can't go back into that one because you had paid the full price for those 24 so it'll be this price for your remaining 12. I'm like wtf are y'all trying to scam people now he said you should've asked about the price before you paid for them and I was like well both were the exact price I added up for my 36 with the card and he said well their is nothing we can do but charge for your remaining 12 with the DISCOUNT CARD!!!
Is this some kind of new scam they're trying to pull so they won't have to use the cards now? Is the card not paying them their money for these pharmacies to be this way towards the discount cards?
I know my story might not be easy to follow but i'm just so mad right now that I'm seeing red and having bad anxiety.
Any comments would be appreciated, Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello Trying to help myself,

Omg!! how frustrating. And I totally understand...I would be mad also. I sometimes feel like we are taken advantaged of since we NEED this med and would pay anything to get it.

That totally sucks. I guess i would simply chalk it up to bad customer service. And a lesson learned that next time. I would "ask how many am I getting and did my discount card work?

I have a coupon that allows me to get my meds really cheap. But every time i go into the pharmacy, they always charge me regular price. every month I have the same convo with the pharmacist and say " hey were you able to get the coupon thru" and they are like " oh ya, ok we will run it for you" every time even though the coupon is on file. I have to ask in advance every time. Pain in the ass. But enough about me. So sorry you were mislead by the pharmacist. Hope you get it sorted out.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 3:16 pm 

I use the suboxone coupon and I pay cash so I only get about half out then go bk and get the other half out later. Every time I go, I always say....I'm getting 100.00 worth and I always get a coupon with that. I've done that exact same thing for 4 yrs because I worry about something going wrong. I don't ask for x amount of strips, I just say a hundred dollars worth with the coupon. Once or twice they've not given me the coupon when I go bk to get my remaining strips out, and I have to ask them to try it again and they do. I think mostly it all depends on who ur dealing with in the pharmacy. Some ppl just refuses to go through a little more effort. I like my pharmacy and they've mostly been really cool. But I worry a lot about things going wrong, that's why I say things the exact way every time I talk to them so there's no confusion. Sounds like u had someone that didn't feel like helping u resolve anything, it wouldn't have hurt one bit to rerun the discount card on all the remaining strips. I totally get the frustration.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:34 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks for responses guys but I was referring to the coupon we get off the sub website,idk why I was saying discount card. See the reason why I didn't ask them anything was because they have my coupon on file and been using this pharmacy for almost a year now, so never had a problem with them not running the coupon before. I told them very specifically I wanted the rest of my strips which was 36 so I know the price all the way down to the cent and while checking out the price was exactly the same which was $221 for 36 w/coupon and its 221 for 24 strips at full price so that's why I didn't think one second that it was off. So I went back up there and he said the Suboxone coupon didn't work because it was too early. Too early??? I've never heard that from the coupon before because I only got 24 out last week on my first fill and he took upon himself to fill 24 instead and charged me full price because they knew I wouldn't say anything because they were the exact same price. It was my last bit of money I had put up just for my last 36 so I told him all they had to do is run my coupon and that would be the money right there for my other 12 because it would be the same amount but obviously I couldn't expect them to do that because it would be the right thing to do. Nope not a chance! Now I have to get up another $70 to 80 just to get out my other 12 and he told me we won't forget the coupon next time.
What a slap in the face man. They just lost a customer because I'll never go to them again. I look at it like this because if someone has Medicare and Medicaid on their file the pharmacist won't forget to run their insurance so why should our coupons be treated any different you know. Oh I forgot we are on suboxone so we aren't the same class of people and we're nothing more than vile junkies in their mind. I can see it on their face every time I hand them my script.
Thanks for responding guys,sorry for the ramblings.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 2:17 pm 

The coupon I use is from the suboxone website also. I've used it since day one...4 yrs. But I still tell them every single time that I always get a coupon with that because I worry and always think something's gonna go wrong lol. There's been a couple times that when I got there to pick it up, they've said it was too early to use the coupon again and it has to be every 28 days (I think). But there's also a newer coupon that the website has now that takes like over 2 dollars off each strip. So I just assume they use whichever coupon that goes through, I don't question it because there's not usually any problems.

Like I said in an earlier post, I think that sometimes the pharmacy doesn't wanna go the extra mile and yes, being on suboxone is like a red flashing light I'm sure.......expect this person to be trouble.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pharmacists know that they have a captive audience with buprenorphine products, so they don't go to any lengths to improve customer service. I feel for you, and I wish I had a way to punish the people who treated you poorly.

I recommend the app called 'goodRX', which is on iphone and other sites. I also have coupons from the same company in my office. They show the prices in your area for each pharmacy, and the app provides coupons to use at the pharmacy. The best deal for bupe in my part of Wisconsin is at Shopko, where the app or coupon brings the price to about $2.40 per 8 mg tablet.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 3:37 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

The coupon can be used up to four times a month, so if it's more than that it will say too early. But it sounds like you haven't used it that much.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I would stay away from FRED'S. I had used there pharmacy before and about a year ago i received a letter in the mail, that my credit card info was comprimised! I'm sure that they probably do not have enough people employed with them, to protect the info of there customers. Yeah totally stay away from this store!

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:01 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi guys I just found out what the donkeys at FRED's was doing wrong they kept putting my information into the suboxone coupon as if I was on Medicaid or Medicare and that means with one of those you can only use it once a month but they know me and they knew from jump I have no insurance and pay out of pocket. So I just went to get my last 12 with a new Suboxone coupon and I was sitting a good 3 hours because the coupon kept denying me saying it was too early and I was soooo mad you probably could've cooked an egg on me. So I get the coupon to start reading it and it says 1 fill per month for user with INSURANCE!! and 6 times for non INSURANCE USERS!! So I told them I don't have INSURANCE!! WTF ARE Y'ALL DOING?! Then it finally went through because they changed it to someone without insurance and they acted like it was my fault. No couldn't have been because their is no Medicaid or Medicare nowhere on file so I had sit there waiting because they were doing it wrong and as soon as I got my bag of the 12 strips I blew up on them with some very harsh words because I knew I wasn't coming back anytime soon but I felt this way because what I went through the other day and today.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Tryin2HelpMyself26 wrote:
Hi guys I just found out what the donkeys at FRED's was doing wrong they kept putting my information into the suboxone coupon as if I was on Medicaid or Medicare and that means with one of those you can only use it once a month but they know me and they knew from jump I have no insurance and pay out of pocket. So I just went to get my last 12 with a new Suboxone coupon and I was sitting a good 3 hours because the coupon kept denying me saying it was too early and I was soooo mad you probably could've cooked an egg on me. So I get the coupon to start reading it and it says 1 fill per month for user with INSURANCE!! and 6 times for non INSURANCE USERS!! So I told them I don't have INSURANCE!! WTF ARE Y'ALL DOING?! Then it finally went through because they changed it to someone without insurance and they acted like it was my fault. No couldn't have been because their is no Medicaid or Medicare nowhere on file so I had sit there waiting because they were doing it wrong and as soon as I got my bag of the 12 strips I blew up on them with some very harsh words because I knew I wasn't coming back anytime soon but I felt this way because what I went through the other day and today.

This is why I use a privately owned/operated pharmacy. One of the pharmacists is a girl I went to high school with...the other pharmacist is married to a guy who works at the Alabama Power steam plant with my spouse...and actually she's the owner/pharmacist. My high school friend is not part owner..

I can talk to them about anything, they help me out when I have asked ..like getting my prescription two days early last year because I was leaving on vacation...or giving me the prescription on Tuesday, then letting me return on Thursday and pay my co-pay...
I quit doing the "account" stuff, but if the need arises, I know they will do that if I just ask..
Thanks to the change in the coupon as of Jan 1 2016, I now pay only $25 for my month's supply of 84..
It helps to use a pharmacy where they aren't under corporate bylaws and can do things without referring to the rules set by some company quack...
They are required to follow the laws but they don't set stupid standards on things like chain drug stores do...And I've heard some stories. I used Fred's a long time ago.....and luckily, the pharmacist and I got along great. He was an absolutely wonderful person, and actually cared for the individuals..He would help me in the same manner that my current drug store does...even with the limits they set on them.. Every trip I made to see him...we would discuss various things for 20-30 minutes..

He finally got fed up with Fred's and the crap policies they set...and just quit. I knew he quit because of the BS they pushed on those guys/gals behind the counter..but he just couldn't tell me exactly what it was..

I remember once, I called in for my meds (back when I could barely afford the office visits..let alone the meds..and was struggling BAD to keep myself clean)...and they forgot to leave my meds at the front of store for me to pickup (because I couldn't get there before they left)...
And since they forgot, the next day the pharmacist paid for my 5 subs out of his own pocket (I used to buy a week supply at a time..or even just 3-4 days)

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.