It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Four Days to go...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:42 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hello! I have been researching suboxone, reading sub reviews, and following postings on forums for the past week.

My story of addiction is not unique in any way, so I will just tell you that I am addicted to vicodin and take 15-18 vicodin es
per day. Of course, I am also lying to people I love, spending all my money on pills, and putting my life and everything I care about a great risk everyday. This has been going on for almost 3 years, and recently a good friend went on suboxone and is doing very well. Even though I see him looking well, going to work, and telling me he wouldn't touch vicodin again if a pile of pills were laid out in front of him, I can't imagine not craving these pills. When I told my supplier I was quitting, she let her mask slip! If I had any doubts about the need to quit this crazy lifestyle before, it became crystal clear that I was putting my welfare, my reputation, and essentially my life, in the hands of people I am insane to trust. She told me I must give "notice" if I am going to stop buying pills, and that suboxone would enslave me to the "man"! After my shock wore off, it struck me as pretty funny that someone peddling illegal narcotics would make such a statement, but then nothing about this is exactly sane. She also warned me the subs would cost me thousands of dollars- so how is that different than what I am doing now?

The next day I got on the internet, found a doctor close by my home, and made an appointment for Jan. 17. I bought the last pills she held me resonsible for ( I am still paying for them) and will run out of vicodins Sat. afternoon. My friend will give me an 8mg suboxone so I can take it Sunday when my withdrawal becomes severe. I would rather wait and induce suboxone in the doctor's office Monday, and I hope it doesn't piss her off that I am doing it my way, but I can't bear to let my wd's get to the fullblown 48 hr. stage and I refuse to buy more pills.

The doctor I will see Monday seems to be compassionate, at least she offers suboxone as well as other resources, and her staff was encouraging on the phone. She also sends patients to a pharmacy that discounts the cost of subs. I intend to take advantage of all the helpful things I can find to get beyond this addiction. Right now I can't look farther than getting to the doctor next Monday, and I admit to feeling panic as I see my supply of pills dwindling. It isn't a way of life I would advise anyone to ever take up, but it has been my life for quite awhile.

Here is the truth: I am taking more and more pills. If I have more, I take more. They are the first consideration in my daily life- every time I tell my grandsons I love them more than anything, I am lying. I don't make time for art, or working out, or anything else but work, but I spend time getting pills, even if it is usually only meeting my aforementioned friend. She makes it very easy for me to keep doing pills, and I suspect she is wary of losing her "power" over me. Just this week, she has told me several times she can get me more, even though I explained that I must stop. Obviously, there are people I will have to limit my exposure to if I am going to be successful.

There are some wonderful things in my life, and I know if I keep doing this, I am putting it all at risk. I have the love of the kindest man I know, a peaceful home, a good relationship with my son, and I love my work. I am foolish enough to have gotten myself in this position, but wise enough to know that I am very fortunate to still have an opportunity to close the door myself. Eventually, something horrible will happen and it will be out of my control. Control- such a concept.
I think keeping secrets makes us feel like we are in control, but of course, I am not.

So here I am, scared to death. If this is a glimpse of sanity, a clear realization, why am I so nervous and scared?
Am I taking control, or giving it up? I thank you in advance for your support and shared wisdom. I need some hand holding as I head into this last weekend. I made sure I have Monday, Jan. 17th free and clear, and I sense that this appt. may literally change/save my life.

Post subject: Hi, and welcome!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome, welcome, welcome. This place is fantastic and you'll find tons of support here. Please do not feel ashamed of anything. Everyone on here has had issues with addiction and we are certainly not the people you have to worry about judging you for how many pills you took or anything like that.

You definitely cannot continue to go down the road you are on. You could give your life to the habit if you do not choose to change your direction. I just imagine how much Tylenol you are taking and that's scary enough. You already know this anyway. Thankfully, you have this opportunity and I think you will be pleased and surprised at how quickly you are stable and how normal you feel and how you truly will not want those pills anymore. Isn't that a pretty exciting thought? IMO, it's waaaaayyy better to be 'enslaved' to a doctor than to a drug dealer, KWIM? Obviously, you know that person is not any sort of friend to you. She's making money off of your disease and isn't concerned at all for your welfare. How much 'more' will she give you? Enough to kill you? (Can we expect anything else from a drug dealer?) I couldn't help laughing when I read that she wanted 'notice'. :lol:

Even though you are nervous and uncertain, you've already finished the hardest part. You've decided to stop using and to get help. You made an appointment. Now all you have to do it go and be inducted, which is probably way easier than you are expecting. Vicodin is a pretty short-acting opiate, which will make it easier to induct. From the meetings I attended, I met literally hundreds of people being inducted onto Sub and overall, people are blown away at how fast they go from sick with w/d to feeling somewhere between okay and great. Tell the doctor EXACTLY what you were taking and if you already took a Sub, etc. That will help the doctor figure out the ideal dose for you at which you are totally comfortable. I'm thinking if you take a Sub beforehand, obviously you won't look sick, even though you do have a significant addiction. So, just be sure to be honest so the doctor understands exactly what's going on. This is a doctor who has decided to treat opiate addiction, so they aren't going to be mad at you for your opiate addiction. I'm so excited for you because everything is about to get a whole heck of a lot smoother for you. You will be freed from so many negatives and able to focus on the positives in your life. You deserve to be freed of this. All those good things in your life would not be there if you didn't attract them with your own goodness. If at all possible, see your dwindling pills as a sign that you are almost there. You are almost done. And you are not going to have to be sick for days and days. I think you will get to the other side of induction and say "that's it? That's what I was so worried about?"

Please let everyone here know how it goes for you and ask all the questions you want. This is a very supportive forum. And you are almost FREE!!!!! Just one question. Do you think there is any way you could extend your Vics long enough to make it to your appointment? I don't want you to buy more either. I'm just wondering if you could somehow get through without getting too sick and without having to take a Sub first. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm questioning whether doing it like that would make it much easier for the doctor to gauge exactly how much Sub you need.

It irks me that the same women who is dealing Vics is dealing a recovery drug. :x It gets under my skin for some reason. I'm so glad she won't be making money off you anymore!!!!

Good luck!!!!

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Lena and welcome to the forum. I'm confident you will find the same support and valuable information here as the rest of us have. We're glad you found us.

It is 100% normal and expected for you to be nervous about your induction. I think EVERYONE feels that way. You are making a HUGE change in your life. And even though it's a really great change for the better, it's still change. And change makes us nervous. Remember, you've been relying on those pills to cope with everyday life and the ups and downs of normal emotions. This treatment with sub gives you the perfect opportunity to learn new coping skills and to get used to your own emotions again. See - BIG change, but GOOD change. That's why it's normal to be afraid. But you should pat yourself on the back for taking control of your life and saying, "No more!".

I agree that if you can make those last pills last until Sunday, it would probably be better for the doctor to induce you in her office...If at all possible. You will be so pleased with how suboxone ends the crazy, chaotic cycle of addiction and puts us in an almost immediate remission.

Good luck - I know you can make it until Monday. Before you know it, your induction will be behind you and your "new" life will be here. Keep us updated and if you need to keep posting while you're waiting for Monday to get here - please post all you want.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:45 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Good luck and Congratulations, this is a big step to your new life!! I was 'inducted' on last Friday, I had already been on subs from the street for over a month. It made things a lot easier since I already knew about subs and had it in my system. All there was to do was a drug test and a blood analysis. I wish you nothing but the best and hope it goes very well for you like it did for me!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The only "notice" I would've given to this drug dealer would have been a big ole middle finger waving around in the air! That is quite possibly the silliest thing I have ever heard anyone say....she wants you to give her "notice"

Being scared before going on Suboxone is quite normal. I was afraid of the withdrawal I was going to have to go through, but I think I was even more frightened of the prospects of suboxone not working.

Believe me, it works! Within 30 to 40 minutes of taking it, it worked great for me. I was in pretty heavy wd at the time of my induction. You certainly don't have to be in heavy wd, I'm just saying that's how I ended up doing it.

Congratulations on the great decision you've made to give suboxone a try. It has saved countless people.

Please keep posting and asking questions, it'll help you feel better and you'll get some great advice from many forum members.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:06 pm 
I would of kicked her in the cunt telling me to give her notice. I hate dealers that act in that way like they have ever in any way been considerate to you or ever gone out of their way. Its like this one guy I used to get pot from a long time ago he would ALWAYS have weed and unless have bought a minimum of 50$ worth he'd turn you away but then theres like one or two times he would run out for whatever reason and call up begging you to smoke him up for free. That always made my day when he'd call me like that asking for me to smoke with him and Id turn around and tell him the same "if you wanna buy 50$ worth come on over otherwise cant do it" and Id laugh as soon as I got off the phone. Good luck with your induction you will do great Im sure of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:40 pm 
Suboxowned that just made my day!! Hahahaha that shit was funny cuz i've dealt with people like that. Power trippers. They love it when they have the power and control but you turn it around on them and they get pissed off lol. F'em!!!! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:42 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hallelujah! I am so relieved to have found this forum. You are all a blessing. Just making my first post and expressing my concerns and having so many wise, helpful responses is priceless to me right now.

One clarification- the person who supplies me with vics is NOT the friend who has given me one sub. The vicodin/pot dealer believes sub is an expensive way for doctors to force me into rehab. She is ignorant of many things outside her experience, and yes, I got a slap in the face when I expressed my desire to quit the circus. To avoid ugliness, I am paying for the last batch of pills and I actually delayed my induction by 3 wks so I can afford the doctor visit. I called the doctor and told them what happened with my dealer, and they were not surprised. They want me to feel safe so they rescheduled me, and said if I felt intimidated by anyone about keeping this appt. Monday to call and speak with the doctor. I have every hope these people will be supportive of my recovery. I also called them today just to verify that I will be keeping my appt. Mon. at 1:30PM.
Nothing will keep me away...

I can see the advantage in going in to the doctor's office fresh off of vics, but since I would be in withdrawals from Sat.
till Monday afternoon, I doubt I will make it. But my friend who is the sub pioneer in my life will be here at my home
with me Sunday when I take my first sub, and I think the doctor will understand.

Thank you all so much. I was truly impressed by the lucid writing on this forum. I plan to participate throughout
this grand adventure. Please keep giving me ANY advice you wish to share, I will be better off for it, believe me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If it comes down to it and you do self-induce on Sunday, check out the COWS (clinical opiate withdrawal scale)...here's one for you: http://www.pharmacypracticenews.com/download/cows.pdf

What you need to remember is that the amount of time you've been in withdrawals isn't nearly as important as the state of those withdrawals. The COWS scale will help you determine how bad your withdrawal symptoms are. The last thing you want to do is induce too early and suffer precipitated withdrawals - you'd be hating life. I'm glad you have someone experienced with sub to help you out.

Hang in there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I understand you trust your sub friend, but please do download the COWS sheet that Hatmaker posted a link to. It only takes a second, but could save you big time.

Congrats again LenaD!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:30 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

You cannot know how glad I am to have your help. Especially yours, hatmaker510- I have never heard of the COWS before but I can see how helpful it will be to me come Sunday. I will hang in there until I am in moderate withdrawal before I take the sub. I am beginning to see how it works, and why you sure don't want to take it while opiates are in your system.

I know this sounds simple and maybe silly to all of you who have taken this step, but I just can't imagine not missing the high from vics. Of course, that is my current normal and I don't remember pre-opiate normal. There are some very stressful situations in my life, and dealing with them without being high seems impossible. That being said, I am aware that I am living on borrowed time, and I really do want to change.

On a previous reply, someone stated that I must be a good person to have good things still in my life...my automatic reaction when someone compliments me or tells me I have helped them is a little voice in my head that automatically responds by saying, "You wouldn't say that to me if you knew how dependent I am on pills. If you knew how much money I spend on such a selfish thing, you would think me stupid." Of course, I have come to believe that voice. I don't feel that I deserve good things. But I am grateful to have this chance for so much help to put things right. No matter how much denial I live with, a part of me does not believe this is the best way for me to go through life. I can't bullshit myself for too long.

For along time, I never took more than 8-10 ES a day. Then three months ago I suffered a total retinal detachment and
the surgery to repair my retina (which has been very successful, thank God) left me in agony for a week. Because I had a high tolerance to vicodin I threw all my caution out the window and started taking much more. Of course, I didn't reduce the dosage when the pain decreased. I don't drink alcohol (it doesn't like me) and I don't smoke pot. But painkillers are my cup of tea...

Addiction is such a powerful force. It is a beast that takes the leash out of your hand, and beats you with it.
I rationalized so much unethical behavior, and lied so many times. When my friend got sick of his own mess and went on suboxone, I saw an escape route, a glimmer of hope that I could break out of this trap without destroying my life.
When I told my so called "friend" of my decision and she lashed out at me so crudely, the illusion was completely destroyed. I am living a lie, at the mercy of warped, selfish people. If I can mend my foolish self inflicted wounds with sub and other resources, I will be one lucky idiot.

Thank you all for being out there. Please hold my hand, and I promise I will do the same for others yet to come this way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:58 pm 
LenaD wrote:
I know this sounds simple and maybe silly to all of you who have taken this step, but I just can't imagine not missing the high from vics. Of course, that is my current normal and I don't remember pre-opiate normal. There are some very stressful situations in my life, and dealing with them without being high seems impossible. That being said, I am aware that I am living on borrowed time, and I really do want to change.
Dont get yourself all worked up about that feeling because I and everyone else Im sure on this forum felt that exact way when we decided to take the step to get off full agonist opiates and on to suboxone. I have been on suboxone since the end of july with only 1 relapse but clean ever since and I still think about getting high, the suboxone will help tremendously with all the physical withdrawal and some mental but you still have these feelings of wanting to use popping up. That is why you realy do need to find some kind of support group while you are on suboxone so you have other people to talk to and lean on when things come up. Ive been in intensive outpatient treatment and still am and go to a few AA/NA meetings a week. I dont realy like the AA/NA but im giving it a shot (I dont tell them Im on suboxone) and there are alot of realy nice people who want to help but I just cant get into the god part but I try to just not think about that part. The cravings to get high tho will not be anything near the cravings you would get without suboxone tho, when they come I get a bit panicky but that is when the supportive people are very helpful, I will talk to my family or go to a meeting or call someone else in recovery. I know you will do very well on suboxone because of what you said in your post that "you want to quit and living that life is bullshit". People who want to quit will do well and Im sure you will, Im rooting for ya and I hope it helps you as much as its helped me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think everyone thinks or worries that they might miss the high. I won't go into a long story, but when I started suboxone it was not by choice. I was hospitalized at the time and they took me off everything and put me on suboxone. So you could say I went into remission kicking and screaming. I did not want nor choose to "get clean". But I'm doing quite well still. It's been over 2 years, no relapses, and I don't crave opiates at all. Yes, there are triggers that make me think (almost automatically) about using, but it's usually for a very brief time. And those go away over time. Most people don't have cravings while on suboxone. Triggers, yes, but not cravings. It's our empty opiate receptors that cause "physical" cravings, and as long as the suboxone dose is high enough, the body has no need to crave what's already there.

Try not to be so hard on yourself. The shame you are feeling will start to subside with every "clean" (I hate that word) step you take. You have a disease. Yes, we have personal responsibility for our actions, but we do have a disease, an imbalance in the brain, if you will. Focus on the fact that you took charge of your life to overcome this disease and precipitate a remission.

I'm glad we've been helpful. If you stick around this forum, you might find it will become a big part of your remission/recovery like it is for many of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:35 am 
Wow I never knew that about you hat, that you were forced onto suboxone. Thats realy cool that you are still clean to this day when you didnt even want to be in the beginning. How did that situation happen with being admitted to the hospital and being forced on subs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I was taking anything and everything, from hydromorphone to percs to high doses of xanax and whatever else I could get my hands on. Finally it started to take its toll on me. I started to really lose it - mentally. I literally cracked up - started having hallucinations, losing time, even aphasia (I couldn't speak!). It got so bad my husband took me to the hospital. (What choice did he have?) Anyway, they determined there was nothing clinically wrong, that all those things were due solely to my drug use. They stuffed me into the corner of a pretty shitty psychiatric ward and promptly took me off ALL of my meds (including the xanax) - no titration, just abruptly discontinued them all and added meds of their own. And they never bothered to tell me anything about it. That's right - ZERO informed consent. (Apparently when you go crazy, you have no say in what they give you.) Oh and my symptoms had disappeared by the following day, so it wasn't like I couldn't give consent, they just didn't bother to share my medical treatment with me.

I'm sure you can tell by my words that to this day it still pisses me off what they did to me. So about my 3rd day inpatient they put me on suboxone. I'd heard of it, but I did not know it was an opiate or anything else about it. I only had heard that I could take it to get off the pain pills. Once my mind started to clear, I guess I realized how lucky I was that my drug abuse didn't do anymore or permanent damage. By then I had already been put on the suboxone, so I just kind of went with it. Of course, it would've been nice if they'd shown me a tiny bit of respect or compassion, but aside from that, I'm still happy with the end result.

The first couple of months was a difficult adjustment. I was still thinking about using - a LOT, but I also had a new appreciation for my new fog-free, psychotic-free brain and life. So I guess I stuck with it, and I'm glad I did. Each week it seemed my head cleared a bit more. I enjoyed life more, was happier, more confident. It's almost like I'm a completely different person. I'm just glad I survived what I did to myself.

That was the absolute WORST day of my life. Can you imagine what it's like to realize that you've lost your grasp on reality? It's the absolute scariest thing a person can go through. (For months I had nightmares about going psychotic again and again.) But even so, it turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to me, because it was major turning point for me. They say that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger...well, because of this whole experience, I am now a firm believer in that.

So even though I went into remission kicking and screaming, the suboxone did it's job. I may have had lots of triggers, but thanks to suboxone, there were no cravings to deal with. Without the sub I would've gone back to using, I feel that is a fact.

Anyway, the rest, as they say, is history. It's been 25 months now and I haven't looked back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LenaD,

I can certainly understand where your coming from when you say "you can't imagine not missing the high from vic's." I remember feeling that way too, suboxone will satisfy your physical cravings, there may be some psychological cravings and that's why suboxone works best with counselling. Please don't think the suboxone is going to do all the work for you though. It's an awesome tool, but it's only 1 tool. In my opinion, suboxone and counseling go hand in hand.

Hopefully, counselling will help you with that little voice in your head telling you don't deserve good things or that you're not worth it. The many years I took suboxone and went to counselling finally helped me shut that little voice up. It's certainly not gone completely, but it doesn't dominate me anymore.

I'm going to have to say most all of us here know how dependent on pills you were/are, we know how much money you've spent, we know why you feel stupid too....because we were all there! We did the same shit!!!

I excited to hear how things go for you on suboxone. Please stay in touch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:10 pm 
@hatmaker, thats a pretty scary sounding experience you went through, I know what its like to be taking in against your will while psychotic on drugs. Ive shared this before but just in case you didnt see it I OD'd and gobbled up around 200mgs of pure raw phenazepam powder (strong research chemical benzo) and completely went amnesiac and delerious and had mixed it with opiates, alcohol, jwh018, and marijuana and my Rx'd suboxone. I flipped out and my family called the police because I was getting violent and me and my father go into a scuffle. The police arrived ( I have no recollection of this entire scenario it was told to me by family and what I read in the police report) and they put me in the car and I was told I was trying to smash out the windows of the car with my head and then kicking them with me feet. I went into the jail on a friday and didnt sober up till monday due to the OD of phenazepam and apparently its got a 60hr half life so I was out of it for days. I called my parents collect from the jail on monday and was terrified not knowing how or what i did to be brought to jail. They told me over the phone what happened and I broke down I had no idea and thought I must of been picked up for drugs or something. They wouldnt allow me to take my suboxone in jail so I had to go through the horrid withdrawal for 12 days and the CO's in jail pepper sprayed me,choked me, and mocked me for how I was acting. All I wanted was my suboxone so I could get through my stay in jail but they wouldnt give it and they were so happy about watching me suffer. I finaly got bailed out on day 12 by parents and taken home and from that day on I have not touched another drug except my Rx for suboxone and lorazepam. I truly feel that was my last go around with drugs and I never want to go back to the way I was. That combo of drugs that I had taken would of easily killed me regardless of my tolerance but at that point in my life i did not care, I wasnt gonna commit suicide but if I died from an OD then so be it. Its so scary to think I was that crazy of a person only 6 or so months ago and even tho I bicker about suboxone sometimes I still owe a big part of my life to it till this day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:17 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

You all may get tired of me before long, because since posting for the first time the other day I have cut back on my vic usage quite a lot, and now I can hardly wait to get home and check for new posts on this thread! Talk about replacing one addiction with another...seriously, the support I find here is priceless.

This morning my supplier came to where I work (a public place) and literally had tears on her eyes as she told me she can't afford to get her small supply of vics if I don't buy my big supply. This is getting to be surreal. She claims no one else she knows who uses will help her out, etc., and the guilt she is trying to lay on me is unbelievable. I told her to do what I am doing, get medical help (she claims she uses due to back pain, but she also smokes tons of pot everyday), and make her life better. I just keep telling her, NO, NO, NO, and DONE, DONE, DONE. She told me she can tell I am cutting back and that I look badly already, and I will most likely end up hospitalized if I stick with quitting. I said, "So be it. Whatever it takes."

And the great thing is, I realized I sincerely mean it!!! Whatever it takes...the ironic thing is, she is my best motivator to stop this insanity. If she hadn't scared me so much, I might have just tried to cut back and kept doing this until something terrible happened.

I also realize suboxone is no magic pill, but it will take away the part of WD that really scares me, the physical pain.
And I am 100% certain this forum will be a huge part of my recovery. Hatmaker, I too hate the word "clean".
I think it fosters the shame thing. So I will call the state of mind I am hoping to attain "self realized" for now.
Hatmaker's story is exactly the kind of nightmare I am taking action to avoid. When you are using illegal opiates you are walking a fine line, and you can't keep from sliding over that edge eventually. It is just a matter of time.

I have a younger sister who is drinking herself to death. There are five of us siblings, and all of us are horrified at her decline. Every generation of my family has one person who dies of alcoholism. My brother and sisters are so angry
at the sister who is drinking excessively, but the way I see it, it was the luck of her draw of genes. They themselves drink but not to the extent she does. And I despise alcohol, but I love the effect of opiates. Do you think most people have a biological weakness to some destructive substance? I don't think I know anyone who hasn't been hurt by their own or a family member's addiction. Does it seem easier for people to stay just on the right side of the line with alcohol?

Now that I have begun this process, I can't get it off my mind. I am having thoughts and questions pop up that never occurred to me before. I suppose that is because I am dealing with issues that I have been aware of deep down somewhere, but I block them by taking another pill. I do appreciate your patience with me. I can see where my rambling could get boring to people who have been here and gone forth into a better, brighter world.

Thank you, everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lena, you ramble and post as much as you need to. We've all been where you are and recognize that it can be nerve-wracking.

I cannot believe your dealer/pretend friend...WOW...that's just crazy. The thing about people is that they don't like change...even other people's change, even change for the better. The status quo, the familiar is more comfortable and just plain easier. Plus I'm thinking that the changes you are making are causing this broad to see her own addiction and she probably doesn't want to see it. Misery - and addiction - LOVE company.

But it's clear that her plans are backfiring, because every time she tries to bring you back into that world of chaos, you are digging your heels in deeper, more determined to make the change. And good for you for standing strong. You are very smart to stop the craziness before something bad happens. And addiction always progresses, getting worse and worse and more out of control all the time.

Be very proud of yourself for doing this. And like I said, before you know it Sunday or Monday will be here and the change in you will become very apparent.

So keep posting...ask those questions...vent if you need to.. bitch and moan...whatever you need. That what this forum is here for. Every post, including yours, will help out someone else down the road.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:48 pm 
I know exactly what this dealer of yours is trying to do (because I used to do the same thing in order to get my opiates) she has a connection for the vicodin for cheap but she is broke so thats where you come in, she most likely would get a call from you (or however you got in contact with her or if she called you) and then when she knew you were going to make a big purchase she would get the pills from her connection on credit and then over charge you and skim free pills off the top for herself. Now without you she is fucked because she doesnt have any $ to support her habit and she will say or do anything to get you to start using and buying from her again.