It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:18 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hey, just introducing myself, as if protocol on a new forum, i ran across this site looking for half-life info and it seems cool

Hi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:21 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i forgot to mention, ive been prescribed suboxone for nearly 2 years and taken it off and on, some days, months using it right and getting clean, be it for doctors, probation officers, holidays, myself - but more often using, going on benders when i get a paycheck/money/etc. in any case, id be in a lot worse shape right now if not for it, and have been using it the past weekend since everyone around me is quitting. feels good to feel normal when everyone around you is going cold turkey

Post subject: Welcome to the Site....
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:36 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi celestia (from N.J.)
Glad you found us here at the Forum.
You're right this drug is amazing and for me it has given me my life back! My only regret is that I didn't get Honest with my Dr. & Myself Sooner. I had already pissed thru $200,000. +/- in about 3 - 4 years! Savings acct. GONE, 401K GONE, Daughters college funds GONE all to drugs and Alcohol! That's the BAD .... The good new is I'm still Alive and CLEAN & SOBER today. :) I go to some great groups / Meetings and find awesome support there as well as right here!! This forum has also become a huge part of my Sobriety... Best of luck in your pursuit of Recovery and keep in touch with the Forum so we know how its going! Take Care

God Bless
TW

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey celestial, welcome to the forum.

I would sure like to take this opportunity to encourage you to use your suboxone as prescribed. If you could get a few months of suboxone under your belt I think you might be able to kick the monkey off your back. I know it's difficult, but I think you would be happier in the end.

Suboxone has worked so well, for so many of us and I'm just hoping it would do the same for you.

Now, suboxone alone will not cure everything, working with a good counselor or getting in with AA or NA is an important piece of the puzzle too.

Good Luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Welcome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm with Romeo on this one. I would strongly encourage you to give remission a try and stick to your suboxone. Are you really happy living your life amidst the chaos of active addiction? Suboxone, when used properly, can change one's life, for the better. I know it did for me. I hope you choose recovery/remission.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.