It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys,

So I found 3 pieces of film (maybe about 2mg worth) on my carpet (I decided to put them aside in a wrapper labeled "Carpet Bombers" lol) and I was wondering if it should be safe to save them and take them. One ~1mg piece looks quite fresh and nothing funny on it, the other ~1mg piece is dry looking and definitely looks like it has been there for a while and the third is just a tiny piece that looks similar to the first one. Anyways, I would chuck all of them if it's not safe, but I would rather make use of them if possible since I only get what I need to get through each week (3x8mg for 7 days) with under an 8mg on reserve. What would be a good protocol here to follow or what would you guys do? Are they possibly covered in harmful germs or bacteria or whatever?

I was thinking that well at least that 1mg piece looks like it fell right out of my wrapper and hasn't been there for too too long, but either way I had the thought of maybe just putting them away and using the method of absorbing it along with alcohol to maybe kill anything on it if there is. Wouldn't that be the best way? Or maybe the medication went inactive, I don't really know. Sorry if this is silly.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:31 pm 

I'm sorry that no one has posted an answer to your question!

My personal opinion is that I would only keep the fresh looking pieces, save them for an emergency and chuck the other one.

:)
Amy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

haha, thanks! I guess I just have to be careful when I cut the dang things. I guess there are more important things one could worry about.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:32 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

That's my worst nightmare; losing the meds on the floor, down a drain, etc. With how expensive they are there's that issue as well as going without a dose or two and, at least at my house, I have pets that put everything they can find in their mouths and while I know that Suboxone is sometimes used as pain med for cats, dogs and small animals like rodents and rabbits and a very small bit won't hurt them anything over 2mgs would probably be too much and so there's three very good reasons I'm always extra careful when I cut my meds up for my dosages: Loss of money, loss of dose, accidental ingestion/overdose of pet/child. That all said, what I would do if I were you is save the ones that look freshest for an emergency and I probably would save the older ones too because they'll still have some of the drug in/on them that you may need one day if you find yourself in a bind without any Suboxone at all and even weak Suboxone is better than nothing at all. You never know what the future may hold.

My sweet girls; Hermione & Ginny. My little adopted fur-babies since summer 2013! ^__^