It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

If your having trouble with sleep, walgreens has Super C. It has melatonin, 5-hydroxy, vitamins c and b and electrolytes and antioxidants. Drastically helping me. I'm on day 6 of a rapid taper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:59 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Might have to check this out…going to CVS tonight. Ive been using nothing but was gonna pickup some Tylenol PM when needed. But I’m a big fan of natural remedies. I’ve been using vitiam b complex for energy and it seems to work pretty well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Substation, I think I mentioned this before, and I know we're all individual in our symptoms & remedies, but one night, right somewhere between days 6 and 12 maybe, in an attempt to get some sleep and stop the sneezing etc. I took two Benedryl and man, it sent my RLS into hyperdrive and I didn't sleep a wink that night. I don't know why? But it wasn't good. My point being, the active ingredient in Benedryl is Diphenhydramine, the "PM" ingredient in Tylenol PM and many other PM's IS Diphenhydramine. This was just MY personal experience and thought I'd throw it out there.

-RSJ

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:24 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I definitely did remember reading that somewhere, guess it was you lol…well my lazy ass didn’t make it to CVS tonight. I had no energy. Guess I’m relaying on the magnesium and something called restful legs again tonight.

Speaking of no energy. If I’m so tired all day, why in the hell cant I fall asleep. So annoying…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:27 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ugh, Substation, that for me was one of the cruelest of the process. All day I want nothing but sleep... finally get to bed at night... nothing... But then it started coming, 2 hours, then 4 hours, then 6 hours, then I started having dreams again so I knew I was getting "real" sleep then. Now I'm averaging about 6. I'm up at 4:30 this morning I think mainly because I couldn't stay awake much past 8:30 last night. I went to bed WAY too early. I try and keep myself up at night at least until 10, 11 or 12, but sometimes I just give in and sleep when sleep wants to happen.

-RSJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Diphenhydramine did a number on me too. I took some one night early in my wd and I might as well have plugged my dang legs into an electrical socket!!!

My stupid ass was so desperate for sleep, I did it again a couple of nights after and same results......jumpy, twitchy legs[sup]2[/sup].

If you want to try and OTC sleep aid with Diphenhydramine, I suggest you start with a small dose to see how it treats you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Would going to my doctor (my family doctor) and asking for ambient be wise? I don’t really wanna get hooked on something else but was just wondering if that worked for anyone…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Substation,
Actually, on my last appointment with my Sub Doc, he sent me home with a 1 month script of 10mg Ambien. BUT, to be honest with you, I've only taken maybe 5 of them because I found they simply did not work for me. I was taking a whole one when it was time for bed or when I felt like I was "ready" for bed, I'd fall asleep ok, but as was the norm, I'd wake WIDE awake 2-3-4 hours later STILL.... I could still feel kinda "drugged" from it, but couldn't go back to sleep. So I tried a tip I got from Miss Ladd, took half to go to sleep, then when I woke up 2 hours later I'd take the other half... same thing, fall asleep but wake right back up 2 hours later feeling drugged (and with an awful metallic taste in my mouth)... so I just dropped that shit. Which is crazy cuz I seen Ambien knock a bitch OUT! I did not like the way it made me feel so I wasn't worried in the slightest about becoming dependent on it. Mayyyybe if it gave me a solid 9 hour sleep and I woke up lookin' like a prince and smelling of fine cologne... But no, wasn't to be.

As for your Family Doctor? I don't see why not, but you just never know. If you've had a long history with him/her, prolly wouldn't have a problem at all giving you at LEAST a week or two's worth.

In an early post of mine, on a particularly bad day, I took Romeo's advice and I just sucked it up and went to one of the "Walk-In" or "Urgent Care" clinics in my town, I looked the attending physician in the eye and told him exactly what I had been through and what I was currently going through, how long, and who my sub doc was and he took one look at me, my face (obviously distressed) he took my blood pressure and could tell I wasn't doin' well, blood pressure was sky high, FOR which he gave me some Clonidine, and the guy even sent me home with 8mgs of Xanax... Xanax helped a little, the Clonidine for whatever reason helped ALOT.

Just whichever doctor you see, just be up front and honest and let them know what is happening to you and what you're trying to accomplish. The worst that can happen is he/she says no and you go home and try something else, or go see someone else.