It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:48 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

If anyone has ever wandered if and how their physician or doctor has ever been influenced in any way by a Pharmaceutical Rep., specifically, a Reckitt Benckiser Rep, check out this board! Several of the major Pharm. Companies have a forum on this site. I have been looking over R.B.'s forum. There's a certain thread titled "Another useless meeting". Basically, the R.B. reps on here complain about how the company blows money, speak negatively about management, etc. However, there's ONE post on this particular thread that I found interesting. It was post #14 to be specific. I will quote the post so you can all read it, but I will provide the site name as well. I have discovered that it's a good place to visit from time to time if you like to remain up to date on new developments in this industry. Well, more than that, you are also given insight as to why these reps pushed so hard using any card of deceit, intimidation and manipulation to try and keep doctors from prescribing patients straight buprenorphine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
That was dead on, but only true of some. Thankfully, my manager doesn't belong in that group. I have a great manager who is surprisingly mature, amazingly balanced who treats everybody the same, no gamin and deserving of props. Also, Pat Lewis is another one who doesn't fit the "most of the managers" category. Shes no nonsense, straight shooting and decent. She actually has a sense of humor, too.

I'm grateful for everything I have with R.B. Lots of people in a lot worse shape here at Thanksgiving. Surely, somebody else here can say something worthwhile about another manager.
neither does mine...not going to name names, but my mgr. doesn't micro-manage and lets us do what we need to do. said mgr. will provide points in the right direction but isn't in our business 24/7.

I will say this....How in the HELL can any RB CL be pissed about anything other than a few extra meetings? Are you kidding me? Name another company in the post PHRMA-code era that has POA meetings in Rome, Hawaii, Cancun (2x), Orlando (not the 1st one in the airport, the 2nd one, even upper brass admitted that first Orlando POA location was bad) So-Cal overlooking the Pacific...and an upcoming meeting somewhere in Europe, again...(oh and BTW, it's not canceled, despite the best efforts of the whiners on here)

Yeah, the bonus structure was not cool this year, esp. for those of us with docs that went over to generic subutex for nearly every patient. That said, we are still making $$, and if you can't support your family on a CL's salary without bonuses, then you need to make some MAJOR changes in your lifestyle.

One last thing, LOL - these reps, for the most part, are all so cantankerous, unhappy and just seething with animosity. It's hilarious to just read what some of them "spew forth."

Site - cafepharma.com

Mountainman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This one is funny:

Quote:
In response to the person who inquired about whether or not working with Reckitt Benckiser Pharma is a good decision. Read on and spare yourself the job from hell. You don't want to work for this company, period. Per people remaining in the company and those that have left, there are allegedly more lawsuits than you can shake a stick at. From waht I've heard by way of original C. L.'s who were hired by this company to help them launch their new med Suboxone, they were all hung out to dry and treated beyond disrespect. After employment, almost every promise made to them-was eventually negated, even basic selling tools were denied. The dishonesty and deceit and mistreatment of the original team of reps was beyond description. The situation was despicable by even the lowest of business standards. They couldn't even get the company to pay speakers that they themselves had developed, without any support whatsoever from the parent company. We were told of physicians who were ready to take them to court for ongoing delay of honoraria payment. The reps were humiliated and apparently, continue on being humiliated. They didn't even have literature to detail with, no one to handle managed care industry, the lack of customer support was appalling for such a major med and its target market of seriously ill opiate dependents. There was no managed care team, the med was not on any formularly of any kind-it was pathetic. The managed care staff they hired is apparently leaving or being fired as fast as the sales force. Further, there is word that not even the most basic of business plans, bonus or quota plans were in place and what is is changed in the blink of an eye, moment to moment. The term treated beyond indecency comes to mind, after listening to these horror stories from very credible people. There are unbelievable stories of about the abomination of a management team that is ongoing there. One story told was that when the sales force very appropriately/professionally gave feedback on how poorly the management team was performing, they were set up to be ostracized, isolated and run out of their jobs for speaking up. Apparently, per this source, new reps and managers were encouraged and rewarded for ratting out the original team members, if even the slightest mention of the truth of the situation was brought to light to new employees. Due to this, a number of new hires and managers, set out to take out the original team members and thus the hostile workplace turned into a veritable cesspool. All new reps had to do was win brownie points by telling their managers about alleged infractions of senior reps and these reps were sent packing or forced out of their jobs. Its screw or be screwed.

Thanks for that mountainman. These reps are severely messed up. I don't know if it's the RB culture or you just gotta be messed up to work in that field? But the RB forum is definitely more crazy than the Lilly or Roche ones.

In fact... they are much crazier and more negative than US!

This sounds like MY KINDA JOB!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for this. I can tell you that not all pharmacy reps are like this. One of my cousins is a pharm rep (although she doesn't work for one of the major pharm companies) and her company is nothing like this - they actually work as a team.

I'm going to check out that website/forum.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.