It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: FORGOTTEN
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:01 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

The past two days have been extremely trying for me, as I found out my Dr was arrested for allegedly selling an oxy script. That was two weeks ago and I only found out yesterday when I went to refill my script. (I only get a few tablets at a time, that works for me.) When I called my pharmacy (who know me very well as you can imagine) and they said they couldn't fill it because the DEA computer wouldn't let them. SO I try to call the Dr office, theres a recording saying, "the office will be closed till further notice". Ok, thats ok I have my Dr's cell, and the secretary, call them both, disconnected. Ok I'll email them, to no avail. Now I'm getting very stressed. I decide in a last ditch effort to FB them. Finally, got a response saying that my Dr was arrested and in jail. This was on Friday around 2:00. The arrest happened 2 WEEKS before that!!!!!! What the hell am I gonna do??? I am full time employee, full time student and a soon to be father in 3 months. I got a 4.0 which got me a scholarship in my first semester, and just started my second. This up coming week will be the real start of the semester and if I don't have my medication, I may not make it.
As of the writing of this, I haven't had my Subutex since Thurs. It's now Saturday. I know, not a long time, but I have no light ahead, no prospect. I know this is where the dirty Dr's come out of the wood work and basically rod you so you can barely pay for the medication. I don't have insurance. I pay out of pocket for everything. (oh and I guess I should mention the reason I take Subutex is I get a very harsh painful reaction under my tongue with the straight Suboxone, which is still unknown to me.)
I was on the phone all day today and yesterday and it seems, as of now the earliest I can get to see a Dr is Friday. What the hell am I supposed to do. I can't miss school, I'll forfeit my Scholarship and financial aid and basically be screwed. Plus I just started a new job and cannot miss that either. I live in north easter PA. It's not fair what happened to me and just looking to continue my life the way it was. I am a straight shooter, as I also found out that there are more people than not who are not genuinely wanting to use this drug to sustain sobriety. This has floored me and know they'll get theirs, don't bring down the honest ones. This drug has completely turned my life around.

Post subject: Re: FORGOTTEN
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:14 pm 

Hi #9,

That sucks what happened to you. My only suggestion is for you to go to the emergency ward and explain it all like you did here. They are allowed to give you up to 3 days worth of medication, one day at a time. Whether or not they'll have Subutex, I can't say. All you can do is try. If all they have is Suboxone, well, you'll have to suffer the effects of the under tongue burning. That happens to me every once in awhile so maybe it won't happen this time to you. It is a little harsh on such a delicate place. They may the film or the tablet. Either one you can put between your teeth and gums, just like chewing tobacco. It will dissolve slower but you'll get the same results. That's what I do when I get those mouth sores.

Keep calling and try to see if you can get on the assistance program. Every Sub doctor can have up to three patients who don't have to pay. It has to be renewed every year. Try NAABT.org to find out more.

I guess a "Welcome to the forum" won't make much of a difference to you right now. But a big welcome anyway!

rule

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:27 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks for replying so fast, I call called my local hospital emergency room before going and paying those rates for no reason and they said they DO NOT do that. I did see it in several post in here about that but I just don't think it'll pan out like all the posts I read. At this point I don't care if lawn grass covered in slugs would help, I'll do anything to get thru this week until I can get into see a Dr legitimately. Don't get me wrong I will not go to the streets, been down those too many times as I'm sure all of us have and we all know where those lead.
Those sores are incredibly painful, and even after switching to Subutex, they last about a week.
I can't believe I wasn't notified by anybody about this happening, and what worse is I had about a weeks left of tablets left and would have filled them to avoid this debacle.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:44 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello. I know this is a late as I just saw your post. How are you? I live in NWNJ and have an excellent Dr in Glen Gardner who takes all insurance as well. PM me if you need info.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:47 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

One other tip is if you go to Suboxone.com you can print a coupon for up to 50.00 for a year (I think). It helps a lot. You can use it monthly.