It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I am noticing, and have noticed when I stopped subs on one previous occasion, that after my pupils became very dialated then went down a bit, that now at 6 weeks my one pupil is slightly larger than the other. Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone know why this is happening?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:41 pm 

Qon,

That is a question for your doctor. In my 5 years of being here I've never heard of such a thing. That doesn't mean it wasn't talked about, it just means I didn't see it.

It depends on how you're feeling. If it was me I'd schedule an appt. with my doctor just to be sure. That sounds really weird.

Any medical folks out there to give this your imput?

r

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It did happen to me, I asked my dr about it and said not to worry unless it happen after a couple months.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:15 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I guess I could call my old sub doc and ask him about it, but I don't know how much he actually sees patients getting off of them. I moved to a diff state and have been seeing my old primary dr, but my pride has gotten in the way of telling him about what I've been going through. I figured it was just the brain getting back to normalcy. Because I do remember them going back to the same after awhile last time. I feel as I would expect to feel going through this, I don't feel any better or any worse. So I don't know. Was just wondering if this is common.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I asked my dr about it and said not to worry unless it happen after a couple months
Did he/she give you a somewhat rational reason? I would be wondering and probably be referring you on for some imaging and further evaluation. If this is a common affect I hope someone can wade in...
At a minimum I would like to do a neuro exam, focusing on the cranial nerves.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:26 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

What's up doc,

If I were to be ordered testing for this, would the affects of stopping suboxone recently foul up the results? Maybe that's why their doc said only worry about it if it lasts longer than a couple months? Doesn't stopping suboxone after long term use have some affect on the brain? And can you tell me a little about the cranial nerves and their purpose? I am not a doctor and appreciate the professional input.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:09 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I just thought of something else I would like to know from a professional standpoint, if you don't mind. What is your opinion on having a patient on 16 mg sub a day for longterm maintenance? Because my doc in one state felt fine with it. But I moved to a diff state and the only doc I could get into felt likke it was too much, especially since id been on it so long, and offered to give me 2 mg short term only. That second doc was also a lawyer, and my first doc a family friend. Do you think that made all the diff? Do diff states have diff laws? And why would there be such a discrepancy? Shouldn't all those licensed to prescribe subs be more on the same page?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Qom.
I'm still off the sub. Day 16. Saw my Sub Dr today. I haven't noticed any difference in my eyes. I did see a thing online about pupil difference and subs. It wasn't what i was searching for when i cane across it. But long term use it said can effect synovial(Spelling?) Fluid (the fluid in our joints.) and ocular fluid pressure. I'll look it up again and try and find the link. Law varies from state to state on things. But not on dosing guidelines or sub maintenance. As far as i can tell. It seems to be up to the Dr solely. And we know how that can go. 2 different trains of thought going into sub maintenance versus sub detox, etc. I'm so proud for you. Into 6 weeks. You are an inspiration to me qom. I appreciate all of your posts. I hope that helps you. I'll look for the article i found it in. And send it to you when i find it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:21 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have a comment to add about the synovial fluid aspect of this. I had a strange situation regarding that this week. Quick back story about me: 39 y.o. female, 12 year maintenance tapering off slowly. I am currently on .82mg (strange I know). I post my taper journal on another site but I visit this site often.

Anyway, I had a routine eye exam on Tuesday. They ran a routine test that takes an image of the inside of your eye to inspect macular and overall eye health. He saw something a little concerning and showed me the images he was looking at. My macular has a cloudy haze around it that isn't normal for my age. He decided to run another test to give him a piece of mind. He put me on this OCT machine and took another image of my eyes. This machine is basically a cat-scan of your eye...You have to stare at this red dot while it shoots laser grids at your eye (the tech is really neat!). The results were strange. His assistant that was running the test, looked at the screen and said "I'll go see if the doc wants to check the results". She left the room and I heard her say quietly to dr in hall "you may want to come see this....I've never seen this before". Great, wth does that mean, right? He comes in and explains what he sees. The images represent a cross section of your eye. There are 6-8 black dots in the lining of the macular.....they seem small considering the magnification but are there none-the-less. He said I had synovial fluid in a area that should be completely dry.

Here is a brief definition: CSR (Central serous retinopathy) is a fluid detachment of macula layers from their supporting tissue. This allows choroidal fluid to leak into the subretinal space. The build-up of fluid seems to occur because of small breaks in the retinal pigment epithelium.

He didn't think a treatment at this point was necessary but I will be retested in a year. Here's thing....I did not report that I was a long-time sub user. Who would have thought my eye doctor would need to know? I just wanted contact lenses prescription update. In hindsight, I should've told him. I will divulge the info next year if the condition hasn't rectified itself.

I too, have read that long-term sub can effect your synovial fluid in joints and eyes (although you can't believe everything online!). I honestly believe this may be the case here. I am not a medical doctor, obviously, but this may be something to keep an 'eye' on. I thought this was important to mention here. Peace!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:38 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for posting eyedotz.
I hope that clears up for you. I felt it most in my knees. Day 20 off 16mg CT for me. Still not sure i won't get back on sub. But I'm hanging in there. Please update when you go back to eye Dr. Even if it's a year from now. I would like to know how you made out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

He did, I do not remember what he said word for word, so I don't want to put wrong information on here but when I see him again I'll write it down.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

:lol: hello everyone- i have been on suboxone moveed to PA. and i never heard of it but was told about it so, i tried it- i was on 12mg. and my dr. dropped me with one week worth and i could not taper right- some dr. play god, judge and jury- if you live in butler pa. you might know who im talking about?/ I heard yelling telling peeps you are no good and that your suboxone levels to dilute- when your not sharing or selling them and you have been with same dr. for 5 yrs. I want to tell you to keep looking - it took me 3 weeks to get another dr. who does not yell and everyone your out!!! instead of checking your control level dip tests if they are faulty- which does happen. im 53 and that was bad not enough to taper at all- sorry for rant but the way some dr. are is unexceptable- ok i cant spell good but who made them god??? :roll: :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:47 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wow it sounds like you had some pretty bad experiences with a sub doc. I can not relate, the one I had for years was awesome and understanding. I was always real with him.

But my prob was I moved and could not find another like him near me, which leads me to believe they are few and far between? But all docs are not judge, jury, and god. Sorry you had that happen but there are some really good people out there that happen to be doctors too! I know more than one, just only one personally who was a sub doc!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:45 pm 

Hi All, I can not believe the horror stories that I have heard about sub doctors here. I decided to start suboxone one year ago. I got a list of suboxone doctors in my area and made an appointment with the first one I called. I met with her three days later. We talked and after 50 minutes and 200.00 I had a script for a one months supply of subs. I have decreased my dose several times therefore always having a supply. She is aware of this and has even said that it was good in case there was a time that I did not make it in to see her! Never have I had to take a test or has she questioned how many films I have at home. Maybe NJ laws are not as strict as other states.Now I am curious and want to research...I will be back!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:59 pm 

So, I could not find anything regarding NJ specifically. Lots about the 100 patient limit. I have heard others talk about a 30 patient limit so I guess that is a state to state thing. Have a wonderful night!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:02 pm 

Hi Michelle! I think that at first the sub doctor can only have 30 patients but it jumps up to 100 after maybe 6 months? Something like that. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi all,

I just wanted to say, its been 9 weeks and my pupils are now the same size, or very close!