It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: For The Season
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:00 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

So, as it's getting close to Halloween, (Yum, candy!), and everyone loves a little harmless scare, (if you have PTSD or issues with triggers this isn't for you!), and have a Facebook then there's this really creepy but fun app called Take This Lollipop. I've been re-watching it to see which of my pictures will show up. I find it funny. If you can handle it, go to www.takethislollipop.com and have a safe and happy Halloween!

~Ami

My sweet girls; Hermione & Ginny. My little adopted fur-babies since summer 2013! ^__^

Post subject: Re: For The Season
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:51 pm 

Forewarned means I'm not looking!! I don't look for reasons to be frightened out of my mind! :D

I'll tell you a story about being scared at Halloween instead.

My husband and I had season passes to our local amusement park and the park had a very professionally done haunted "house" called Brutal Planet at Halloween. My husband wanted to go and I gave him my blessing and said I would meet him at the exit. Our son was 5 months old at the time. He had gotten a little fussy, so I was in the exit area holding him, and he went to sleep.

Infants are so funny! This place was LOUD, even in the exit area, and Jacob just slept away curled up in my arms. Still I tried to shield him from the worst of the noise. When the guy with the chainsaw chased people out the exit I would turn my back and put Jacob's blanket up against his ear.

The guy with the chainsaw was enjoying his job way too much! He started chasing the people outside the "house" and down the path toward the turnstile where they would exit. Sometimes it would bottleneck a little bit because the chainsaw guy was really scaring people and they couldn't exit fast enough.

I was several feet beyond the turnstile doing the "mommy sway" and holding my infant son. Little did I know that the chainsaw dude was about to get out of control. He was chasing his latest group down the path to the turnstile. I turned my back to shield my son from the noise.

The chainsaw guy decided to scare this latest group by chasing them ALL the way down the path! I saw over my shoulder that one gal was so scared that she jumped the fence instead of waiting at the turnstile and overzealous chainsaw dude followed her over the fence!!! I moved away and sort of huddled my son into my torso the best I could.

Suddenly, I feel myself whipped around and forced face to face with the raging chainsaw man!!! The girl who was so scared that she jumped the fence, had used me as a shield between her and scary chainsaw dude. His chainsaw was inches away from my baby!!!

Well, he backed right up back over the fence very quickly while I stood there in shock! The girl said she was sorry and then she saw the baby and was doubly apologetic. I could not speak. I stood there shaking and crying quietly while Jacob slept blithely on. I think a couple of people beside the girl came up to see if I was OK, but they quickly left.

When my husband came out and saw that I was crying and freaked out he hugged us and I felt a little better. But I've never been so freaked out and scared before or since then. Terrifying experience without even going in the dang haunted house!

Anyone else have a scary story???

Amy