It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Ok for real this time!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am doing it, I made the appointment and I am getting off this crazy train. I confessed my addiction to myself and my "wife" she was so supportive it was amazing she simply hugged me and said "We can do this babe" she is my rock! I have an appointment on Friday morning at 10:00 am. I am pretty sick right now but that should ensure I keep the appointment. I couldn't have done this without the support of this forum. It is a wonderful amazing gift that I found this a few months ago and it took reading and re-reading all of your posts to give me the courage to take this step. I AM worthy of living a normal healthy life and I do deserve good things :)
I will keep u all updated on my induction
K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[marq=right]AWESOME!!![/marq]

you rock!!!!
the hard part, is deciding, you know, getting inside your own head and beating the CRAP outta that (opiate eating) MONSTER inside your head, and saying ITS OVER!!!!!

GOOD LUCK friday, allthough, Im sure you'll be just fine, you already know what to do right????

ANYways, keep us posted, good luck, and Im glad you have support. Thats very, very important.

Keep on fightin' :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Kmt and welcome to the forum. I'm so glad to hear it's been helpful to you. And kudos to you for seeking out sub treatment to help your opiate addiction. I'm so happy for you that your partner is being so loving, supportive, and understanding with you. How terrific is that?! Good luck with your appointment and do let us know how it goes. Hang in there up until then and post all you need to until then to help you get through it.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi there K! Welcome to the forum and CONGRATS!!!!!

It is such a freeing feeling when we finally decide to take out lives back, from what Amber accurately referred to as the "Opiate Monster". I am so happy to hear that your wife reacted in the way that she did. Something so simple like a hug and those few sopken words, are all we need to know that we can do this. She must be an amazng woman.

Amber mentioned knowing what to do....Just make sure you are withdrawaling. I hate when someone comes on this forum and is mentally ready to begin sub treatment, and ends up with precipitated withdrawals. You said you were feeling pretty crappy already. So I'm assuming that you have already stopped using. If that's the case, you are going to be absolutely fine as far as withdrawals go come Friday.

Once again, congratulations. If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask. This is a great forum with a lot of supportive members that are here to help you through this. Best of luck to you, and welcome aboard!

Post subject: Thanks :)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:58 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you all!! I am as sick as I have ever been and this sucks bad but I can make it 26 more hours. I sat in a hot bath off and on most of the night. I just want to sleep!! I keep telling myself "I can do this, I can do this" I will try to post more but I can hardly sit still long enough to type anything. Thanks again for all the support!!
K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:30 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Congrats and hang in there. what you're experiencing is dreadful, but in almost 24 hours all will be forgotten and you will never need to experience it again.

Keep up with the hot bath, I know I had always prayed for a hot tub to fall out of the sky for me. Do you have access to any meds like a benzo, lyrica or gabapentin? Loperamide is also a life saver for nearly all the physical symptoms.

24 more hours for the greatest 'score' in your drug seeking days lol. Keep us updated, you're going to feel great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[marq=right]*****HANG IN THERE*****[/marq]

your right, you CAN do this!!!!!!!!

sending you strength..................................................

good luck, keep us posted :wink: :wink: :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/