It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 2:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey everyone!

I joined about 3.5 years ago and tried quitting, however, I didn't make it. Here I am again... been on subs for a total of around 7 years. 8 days clean today and going strong! Nights are the worst but I managed to get a little sleep last night.

My withdrawals are getting better.. slowly. So far I still have that pit in my stomach with general feelings of anxiousness and feel uneasy most all the time but its bearable. I don't have any comfort meds and am taking the natural approach to remedying this. Drugs are what got me here, not what's gonna get me out.

I'll report back with how I'm feeling later... I found that keeping myself busy is the best thing I can do regardless of how lazy I feel.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:10 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

8 days is awesome. If you feel like you need to get off suboxone then you can do this. Days should go a lot faster for you now and keeping busy is great advice. If you haven't, start working out, whether running our lifting weights. I've heard a lot of stories though of people running, then injuring their foot, knee or joint and..... you know the rest. I started lifting weights around day 80 and that's when everything became normal again. My bathroom time was normal, my sleeping was normal, my mood and my motivation were great and my energy was astounding.. However, once I got there I slipped up and thought I could use a little bit here and there so here I am again, behind you at day 2.. Keep us updated. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It's been 9 long days since I last dosed... and time is finally starting to normalize instead of drag-ass like it has been. I still feel like something is missing inside my head and I have occasional bouts of restless legs, chills, stomach cramps but that is IT. Things are getting better, finally.

Last night I slept like a baby... a full 8 hours and I think a good nights rest is the key to a quick recovery. I'm hoping that in the next 10 days I'll make a full recovery and be back to my normal chipper self but if it takes longer I'm okay with that too.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 3:07 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi SubSandwich...first of all, love the name :)

I've been on Subs too for over 7 years and was wondering what you tapered down to before you jumped? I'm currently on 2 - 2.25 mgs/day.

Glad to hear of your success and feelings of well-being :)

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

ClearAqua wrote:
Hi SubSandwich...first of all, love the name :)

I've been on Subs too for over 7 years and was wondering what you tapered down to before you jumped? I'm currently on 2 - 2.25 mgs/day.

Glad to hear of your success and feelings of well-being :)

Howdy. Thanks!

For the first couple years I was on around 12mg/day and for the past 4 years or so I've been on 2-3mg/day. I didn't really taper! I took 1mg/day for about a week and then jumped off. It's amazing how clear your head feels after a couple days without the orange. I'm still struggling with some mild withdrawal symptoms but nothing compared to those first five days.

I took a bit of loperamide last night and it really helped with that uneasy feeling... hopefully all that is behind me now and I can start rebuilding my life.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:20 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Thanks for the reply, Sub! WOW! I am in awe of you jumping from that dose...you hear so many horror stories but not a lot of good stories. Please keep us updated and GOOD LUCK...you seem to have your head on straight and doing very well. I can't wait for the day I can have that "clear head" like you :) Hope you have many, many nights of good sleep ahead.

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It wasn't that bad. The first couple days sucked but after that it was definitely manageable. The worst part of this whole shit is definitely the insomnia. I just can't get to sleep at night no matter how tired I am, and if I do fall asleep, I wake up after 4 hours. So I'm constantly tired, but that's okay because I'm finally friggin clean from that mind sucking poison.

Today is the end of my day 10 and shit has definitely gotten a little better everyday. Upon waking, I feel slightly bad until I get out of bed and start moving around and that bad feeling goes away very quick. Still sneezing all damn day, and have a complete lack of energy. Even the simplest tasks seem to take a lot out of me.

I'm still grateful and I won't be going back to the sub no matter how bad it gets. I know where that road leads and it just simply isn't an option for me anymore.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:52 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

You can do it, Sub...you seem like you have a great deal of motivation and I think that's 90% of it.

I am 57 years old...that is why I won't jump from a higher dose...If I were younger, I would. I'm just afraid that I don't have as much fight in me at this age to deal with w/d symptoms so I'm taking the slow route of taper.

Have a great weekend and I hope you get some sleep. Hot baths work wonders :)

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg