It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey all! Just grabbing info from as many people as possible. Like a forum poll :)

1. What MGs did you start on, stay with during induction and stay with for maintenance until you tapered off(just first 2 months)?

2. How many days of taking Suboxone did it take for you to feel NORMAL/light buzz/feel great - basically get as much out of the subs as you will ever get?

3. What were you taking prior to induction? (mmt, h, etc...)

I was on Methadone for a year and switched to subs - 3x 8mg STRIPS per day to start and have stayed with it for 26 days. Still don't feel as good as I will when I get as much as I should from my meds. No w/ds or aches for most of the day + night - but still don't feel as comfortable as I used to. I do feel a tiny bit better every day(or every few days that I can notice) - so theres hope lol. Cravings are gone but have never been an issue - I just couldn't stand the w/d aches.

Anyways, this post isn't really about me. Im just trying to get info from as many people as possible to see if Im the only one that it took a lot longer than usual to feel as good as possible from the subs. Hopefully EVERYONE who feels comfortable enough will reply and post their "stats" below.

Thanks again! S!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would recommend taking less suboxone if you want to feel "better".

It made me feel a lot better anyways. Anyone would feel crappy taking that much IMHO.

But.

Suboxone isn't going to be like methadone... It won't make you as "comfortable" aka high.

If you want to feel better as a whole... I would start trying to take less... 8mg or so.... And do some recovery related work.

It'll do wonders for you.

Do it. Don't do it. No big.