It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:57 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi all,
I have been on Suboxone for about a year and a half, and did well for the first year. Around 12 months into treatment, I began use of Cocaine, first just occasionally, and now weekly. I see my Suboxone doc once per month. I've tested positive for the third time now. Every time patients go in for their appointment, we fill out a questionairre, which includes the question, "have you used since your last visit?". The first two times - when I knew I would test dirty - I circled "yes". This last time (5-days post cocaine use) I circled "no", thinking that I had cleared the cocaine.
Today I received a call from the office from the urine screener. She first stated that they often have people come in for random urines, and would I come in for one. I stated that I had used (I 'meant' yesterday) and she stated, "yes, we noticed that". So, I guess it didn't show up on the cup, but only later on when the results came back from the lab. I then restated "I used, so I don't really see the point of giving the urine". I told her that I have begun seeing my therapist twice per week, and had called a day program but was declined due to my meds. She told me that she would discuss whether I needed to come in (since I came clean and told them) with the doctor, and call me back.
She called back an hour or so later, and stated that I need to come in for a med count. Now, am I to think that since this is now my fourth admission of cocaine use, that they are going to confiscate my meds...?
Are doctors allowed to do this? Am I simply being paranoid?
Worried, all help appreciated. BTW: am doing meetings, looking for sponsor, really do see therapist twice/week, and am trying, and probably 'will' get into a different "SOAP" program.

Post subject: ++++
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:13 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Maybe they want to count ur meds and then have u give a urine sample?

I know a friend who's psychatrist took their meds when they tested 0 for the meds prx'd.

If you have already admitted that u used coke and tested + 3 x, I wouldn't worry about it. Since they already know u have used coke admittedly.

I don't know why they would take your medictaion if you have the right amount when you go. Maybe you could goolge up the laws in your state and see what could happen if you go in for a pill count and what they could legally do. It seems like it would be wrong for them to take away your subs and have someone go through wd maybe.

If you don;t go in for a pill count w/in 24 hours in my state they usually cut the person off of the drug, but your state and doctor may be different.

Best of luck in your decision, I don't see you being aprnoid, just worried, I would be too. But what happens will happen.

Synonyms:

UM-952;Lepetan;rx6029m;Subutex;Temgesi;Buprenex;NIH-8805;Temgesic;CL-112302;Buprenorfin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your doctor can pretty much do what he wants, you really don't have too much say in the matter. But, I'm guessing the only reason they want to do pill counts is to see if you've been diverting (selling) your meds. I highly doubt they'll have you come in for a pill count and confiscate your meds.

I would also think your doctor would probably sit you down and explain to you how any more failed drug tests will impact your future in the Suboxone program.

Whatever happens, I wish you good luck with your continued recovery.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:20 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I don't know guys. I told my sister, who told her boyfriend, and his brother had the same thing happen. When he went in, they took all of his meds and cut him off completely.

I already have a new appointment with a new doctor, and I'm making sure I'll test clean for it, and I find out today about the SOAP program. I really want to go, as I'm just tired of cocaine and the consequences/guilt/shame associated with using it....

As far as my doctor? I'm not sure what to do at this point, after hearing about my sister's friends friend....
I think, that since I didn't check the box stating that I had used, I'm done there. They've never even had a reason to question my abuse of my meds, and now want me to bring them in...? Just doesn't sound right to me, and I'm just going to start up again with a new doc - with a clean slate.

I really can't wait for the day when my system has cleared all of this stuff,(I, for one, plan on being a life-long opiate blocker patient after suboxone) and I can be not addicted to them, but more than that, I can't wait for the day when I can say I'm really and truly clean. It's what I -- it's what all of us deserve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello there.....

Im sure you know, that sometimes stories CAN be dramatized a bit..... especially when told second, third or fourth hand,,

Im NOT saying any one of the people you mentioned is a LIAR, not by any means,,,

just saying dont judge the entire situation, ON ONE "story"

BUT,
it sounds like you've already got it taken care of anyway, by getting a new doctor,,,
GOOD idea,,, especially since there's some obvious issues with the OTHER one :wink:

I just wanted to wish you LUCK and say GOOD JOB on not totally giving up on subooxne, or your

~RECOVERY~
most importantly!!!!!!

that's it,,, Let us know how it all works out!!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

They want to count your meds to make sure you are not selling them. That is the number one reason a doctor will drop you from a suboxone program. My doctor used to test my urine to make sure I was actually taking the suboxone. They will not take your meds but they want to make sure you are properly using them.