It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey all. Hope everyone is staying positive in their recoveries. I am more excited than ever! For the last 3 months I have been doing a realllllly slow taper.

Basically, once I finally got down to 1 mg, I followed this taper: I went
1mg/day for 8 days
.8mg/day for 10 days
.6 mg/day for 14 days
.4mg/day for 20 days
and I am at .3mg/day for the next 24 days. Next in my taper plan is to do .2mg/day for 40 days, and than .1mg/day for 80 days (or whenever I am ready to leap).

I am just wondering if ya'll think I could make the jump after the .3 is done? It is hard to cut these strips into anything smaller. I am a business professional (computer programmer) and I cannot risk being all wd's and dts at work. What is your all's opinion? I do have clhinidine ready when I need it. Other than being tired, a little depressed feeling, and lazy feeling, I am fine right now. I work out heavy everyday at the gym, and am sleeping pretty normal as is right now. All opinions would help me make a decision. Thanks everyone! God Speed to us all!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

My opinion is to get down as low as possible before you jump. Whats another month or two at this point. You could jump at .3, but i imagine it would be significantly harder than jumping at .1 and you say you need to be functioning at optimal levels for work, right? I jumped at .5 mg and it wasn't easy. It depends on you though, obviously. Youre already doing well it seems, so keep it up.

Post subject: Just Jumped
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I jumped about two weeks ago, had been taking .25-.5mg a day(didn't exactly measure it out, a lot easier with strips then the pills and was hiding it from everyone)...for the past six months(few cheat days were I may have gone to 1mg)..I feel great today, the exercise was a life saver.. days 2-5 were pretty rough, but looking back small price to pay.and not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be(maybe I'm blocking the memory). I honestly feel that I was having minor withdrawals for the past few months while on the low doses(this might also all be in my head)..

I just posted my story a few days ago. I did the whole vitamin, l-tyrosine, advil, benadryl, noni juice, regime.
Sounds like you have the right mindset..and the clonidine.. I know everyone is different, so see how you feel.. easy to say now but I wish I would have not spent six months at the low dose..
If you start to drag from staying at .3mg or feel withdrawal symptoms, jump... or try the every other day method(I could never get that one to work)..

As for functioning at work, I was at 50% for a few days.. but was crushing the espresso-(in retrospect the copious amounts of caffeine probably had an impact on my sleep).. but I had to work..Not sure what type of programming you do but if you can just throw on some headphones and limit interactions with people..I chose to feign having a virus..

I've only been off for two weeks(after years of using), but I feel much better now than I have in a long time.. actually getting my mind back...

Whatever course you decide to take I wish you godspeed..

This board was a huge help to me..