It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi all! I am starting my taper and I'm already started to feel a slight WD. I am going to the grocery store today and so far what I have seen is banana's were a good food but any other ideas? I thought I read where someone had bought a detoxing drink from GNC that helped alot as well? Right now I am at about 1.8 mg in the AM and about the same at night. I'm having a hard time actually doing the dosing because I'm just breaking down an 8mg pill. I know that I want to get down to the liquid taper eventually but I'm trying to becareful. I took the jump from last weekend I took about 5mgs and it made me feel YUCK! Like I had taken to much So on the next day I did 1.5 mgs and that was wayyyy to much of a jump. I think I have found a decent place and I don't by any means want to increase anymore.. I want to be done. I am taking B12 and drinking water.. I have a desk job so that sucks but when I come home with four children there is NEVER any downtime. I have also been reading that excercise is a good tool.. Thinking about setting up the tred mill as well. Anyways sorry for the ramble but if anyone has any good ideas for things that are useful that may make this taper a little easier? Thanks so much!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Eggs Peanut butter, red meats, etc. Protein and vitamins along with plenty of water. The whole 1st month after I quit I drank ONLY water and it was a BIG help in flushing the toxins. Ive never been a water person, always coffee, coke, sweet tea, etc. I also did much research on supplements to help repair damage to the brain and body caused by opiates. L-tyrosine, b-vitamins, milk thistle, etc are all great to take if you have the funds for them.

Good Luck with your taper & jump. We will be cheering for ya!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Kombucha tea!

-Jack Kornfield

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think they recommend bananas because the magnesium helps with the muscle pains.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Fish oil. You can either eat salmon a couple times a week or take the capsules (capsules are probably cheaper/easier).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you all SOOOO much for all the great ideas! I will be picking up some of the items listed! I am also not a big water person either, I am in love with the Monster energy drinks but they have started giving me anxiety I've noticed so I have cut back smoking ciggs also seems to create some anxiety so those have been cut too! Thanks again everyone! I am not going to lie.. I was SUPER stoked when I saw there were replies, it actually made me feel kinda better :) Guess that was the mental part of me kicking in where I was thinking it was time for my second dose but I'm going to push just a bit longer :)