It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: FML worst decision ever
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:53 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

This story includes a lot of bad decisions and trust me I will never do them again, so I hope people do not try and lecture me. Anyway, I am in hell right now. My friend is a heavy heroin user and needed to pass a drug test. For some reason they were able to guilt and persuade me into peeing for them but then they said they needed me to take a suboxone for them first because they're prescribed it and it needed to show up. I didn't know much about it so I asked them if it would do anything to me and they said no I shouldn't get any side effects nbd. I absolutely have no idea what I was thinking and am really looking at my decision making. I have no tolerance and I took them. I took them at 3:00 AM I felt so so high and then I got horribly nauseous and puked. Then I puked again. And again. And again. I was in hell I was sweating, shaking, throwing up, couldn't see straight, and was dizzy when I stood up. This went on for 24 hours. I would sleep for an hour, wake up and puke, sleep for an hour, wake up and puke, and repeat all day and night. I've thrown up over 20 times. I could not move. I never had breathing problems. I woke up this morning, 36 hours after taking it and I haven't thrown up yet but I still feel pretty nauseous. I haven't eaten or drank anything in 36 hours except for two bites of life cereal and a couple sips of water. My eyesight is still bad in the sense that I can't focus on something, I go crosseyed, and my pupils are still very small. Things just seem blurry. Also even 36 hours afterwards I'm STILL nodding off! So I texted my friend and was like what is happening and they told me that they gave me their dosage of 16 MG!!!!! HOLY. :shock: 16 mg with no tolerance. I have no idea how that escaped my mind when I took it to think about what mg it was. I can't believe I was so stupid. Will this ever go away? How long should I take to go back to normal? I was so afraid of overdose.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wow, that is a scary story! As I'm sure you're aware, if it had been any other opioid, you probably wouldn't be here now. Drink some Gatoraid or Poweraid to get your electrolytes back in balance...that's pretty important considering how much you've been vomiting, and the dehydrating nature of opioids.

Anyway, the half-life of Suboxone is about 36 hours, so in a few more hours half of it should be out of your system. However, for an opioid-naïve person 8 mg is still very high. Keep drinking the fluids as much as you can tolerate and watch for any sign of electrolyte imbalance. I would strongly recommend against driving for at least another day...it's easy to nod off, even just a little.

And of course...don't ever do anything like that again! If your "friend" needs a clean test, then they need to produce it themselves. They have lots of ways of detecting deception anyway.

Let us know how you do.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:32 pm 

Ditto to what Morphing has said. And yes 16 mgs is a verh large dlse with zero tolerance. But you will come out of it.

Are you also an addict? Did you hhave any opiates other than suboxone in your system? If so this would be pw if not just a bad case of sub overdosing.

The good news is its about over. You do need to drink liquids. Keep checking your eyes and pupil size.

The thing is your "buddy" there more than likely wont pass the ua. It would take more time for the Buprenorphine to trun into nor Buprenorphine . This is what is measured. .

Well hang on, and wait it out.

Razor55