It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 541 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Flying Towards Freedom!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

DAY 1: Suboxone "FREE"!!!
(Edit: part of post from old thread copied to new thread for clarity)
"First off, Hey, it's "me" rca. I have always liked the metaphor of the butterfly = re-birth = spiritual growth = eventually moving from the physical to the "spiritual" realm for eternity, etc. Hence the shadow "butterfly" in my "old" avatar. I have been stewing in my "drug cocoon" for too long....or perhaps just "long enough"?. So, yesterday I only took .25mg. I slept relatively well, and woke up "today" and "just knew". I believe (for today) that I am done. Since I can be a relatively "stubborn" person, I am trying to take some steps to keep me strong (and stubborn) when I may be feeling less confident, and one of those is starting a new thread, with a new avatar and a new username (but if you still want to call me "rca" that is just fine :D I tried to make my new username "Butterfly", but it was taken. I actually prefer the "ButterFLYING" because that is what I am doing...flying AWAY from drugs and TOWARDS my true, complete "metamorphosed" self."
(End edit- begin "new" post on new thread)

Welcome to my "new" thread, and the "new" me (which I believe will ultimately result in a return to the "old" me, aka my "true" self.

If you did not follow my old thread at all, and would like to know where I started in my "Suboxone" journey, my old thread is called "Need Support" (such a needy girl! Ug!!), and my "old" user name was "rca1004".

I took my "last" dose of subs (.25mgs) yesterday at about 8am, so it has been about 26hours. I feel absolutely "normal".....but I did a loooooooong, slooooooooow, taper, and, hey, it has only been 26 hours.

Today I am going to work out HARD, and think "happy thoughts" all day long. I will "count my blessings", pray, meditate (as long as I can keep the "demons" out of my head), listen to uplifting music, post if I feel for it, and I will be ok.

I am a WARRIOR, not a WUSS!!!!

Note to self: Keep your eye on the prize- do not look back- keep FLYING TOWARDS FREEDOM!!

Peace & Love,
ButterFLYING!
(aka: rca :D )

Edit by Amy: Here is a link to ButterFLYING's original thread as rca: need-support-t10311.html

Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by ButterFLYING! on Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for your post. I'm on day 4 of .15 mg/day, and am thinking about having my first Subs-free day by this weekend (though I may go part of next week at .075 mg).

I've generally felt withdrawal the most on days 3 and 4 of after lowering my dose level. No idea how it will go once I stop taking Subs altogether, and i'll be following this thread to see how it goes for you.

Good luck!

-- JI

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:21 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

johnny_ikon wrote:
Thanks for your post. I'm on day 4 of .15 mg/day, and am thinking about having my first Subs-free day by this weekend (though I may go part of next week at .075 mg).

I've generally felt withdrawal the most on days 3 and 4 of after lowering my dose level. No idea how it will go once I stop taking Subs altogether, and i'll be following this thread to see how it goes for you.

Good luck!

-- JI

Hey JI- thanks for following me over here (you do know its "me "- RCA - aka "mom" :)
I really think I'm gonna be ok- just need to think positively - I believe our tapers have to have helped us!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:47 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

johnny_ikon wrote:

Good luck!

-- JI

Hey JI! Lol- in the previous post I was logged in as my "old" self...still "transitioning"-- haha
(RCA)

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:07 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

:):):) I am here to for you.
I know u can do it and I know u will!!!
Time is our Friend .Just take day by day.
I never could taper down this is why I did what I did but I know after reading your post u r very strong person>Any one who can taper is a here for me.
Please let me know if u need anything:):)
we are here for u and GOOD LUCK!!!!!
:):)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Way to go woman!!!!!you got this!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Didn't make the butterfly link, doh!

Do you behave any differently under this alter-ego? This could be interesting.

-- JI

rca1004 wrote:
johnny_ikon wrote:

Good luck!

-- JI

Hey JI- thanks for following me over here (you do know its "me "- RCA - aka "mom" :)
I really think I'm gonna be ok- just need to think positively - I believe our tapers have to have helped us!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Natural endorphines taking over! You sound high from being normal! ...that's my final destination as well :D

Keep posting

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Congrats!!! Keep up that positive attitude and you'll do just fine!!! I'm back down to .5mg after my slip up....I'm disappointed BUT I'm not letting it deter me from getting the "job" done this summer....I WILL be sub free before starting school next year ;) My first attempt I made 5 days and I felt great the morning of day 5, my issues were all psychological and I'm completely prepared for them this time around :). I'm gonna take .25mg tomorrow and either jump or skip days...I will definitely keep and eye on your posts....I NEED some extra positivity ;). Congrats again and keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

johnny_ikon wrote:
Didn't make the butterfly link, doh!

Do you behave any differently under this alter-ego? This could be interesting.

Hells yeah I'll behave "differently"- I'll be DRUG FREE BEE-AH-TCHES!!! (LOL)

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for the support JI, HappyIs, Fuser, Trainer, and Ryszard! Today marks a big and scary step after 8 years of daily suboxone use, but knowing I am not alone, and others have walked the walk (or at times "crawled the crawl") to freedom before me is keeping me centered and motivated!

Mid afternoon, Day 1

Figure I'll post a bit more often to get things off my chest as I face my first hours and days after YEARS of suboxone dependance totally "FREE"- God that is a nice word!! I am 'cautiously optimistic', as I can honestly say that even though I dropped yesterday (only took .25 as apposed to .357mgs), and today have not dosed AT ALL, and do NOT plan to, I feel absolutely "fine". SIKED even!!!! I feel ready to face some discomfort, and I will count on all my "friends" here to help me through any emotional challenges as I continue to "fly" FORWARD!!!

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ButterFLYING! wrote:
Thanks for the support JI, HappyIs, Fuser, Trainer, and Ryszard! Today marks a big and scary step after 8 years of daily suboxone use, but knowing I am not alone, and others have walked the walk (or at times "crawled the crawl") to freedom before me is keeping me centered and motivated!

Mid afternoon, Day 1

Figure I'll post a bit more often to get things off my chest as I face my first hours and days after YEARS of suboxone dependance totally "FREE"- God that is a nice word!! I am 'cautiously optimistic', as I can honestly say that even though I dropped yesterday (only took .25 as apposed to .357mgs), and today have not dosed AT ALL, and do NOT plan to, I feel absolutely "fine". SIKED even!!!! I feel ready to face some discomfort, and I will count on all my "friends" here to help me through any emotional challenges as I continue to "fly" FORWARD!!!

You're gonna do just fine^ :)

As an aside, I neglected to mention, in regards to your new avatar (on RCA thread), that blue is my fave color (closely followed by green). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdeEezR_9Do

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Remember
YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE!!!!!!
Peace!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Spoil yourself with baths. I swear they work as well - if not better at times - than comfort meds. Ask Trainer, she'll back me up on that.

And for a bonus, be sure to check out epsom salts to use in baths. There is brand called Dr Teals that I particularly like, as herbs like chamomile and lavender are in the mix, and seem to give the the salts an extra relief and relaxation kick.

"Health Benefits of Epsom Salt Baths": http://www.care2.com/greenliving/health-benefits-of-epsom-salt-baths.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh hell yeah! Hot baths are a must!!!!!! I find myself still taking them long after the wds are done. When I find my mood is flat, I crank some tunes and soak. Fixes it in a snap! Yesterday it was pretty hot in the house and it was draining me so I ran a cool bath and soaked in that before the gym.

Awesome sauce!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just "checking in"....getting to be late afternoon....still just fine. I have some clonodine but will only use for symptoms, and at night to help with that little bitch "Sleep" (Oh, I'm sorry sweetheart- please forgive me and be good to me tonight! lol). I am OUT of Xanax, which I think is a good thing.....I like it too much, KWIM?
Yes, hot baths have been my friend for awhile and I'm sure we will now be getting even more intimate (OH MY GOD- I must have a problem!! What is with me and my continual sexual entendres ?!!! Damn hormones!) I love Epsom salts, especially lavender scented! Good advice!
So, no wdl symptom so far AT ALL, except a little gurgly stomach which I think is from eating some fried food for lunch which is not my norm- but I was HUNGRY! and it was GOOD! :D
I feel strangely good, and am choosing to be "optimistic"...and at the same time "realistic"....I don't expect to gain my freedom for "free"...however, I have been putting "down payments' in (tapering, exercise, supplements, good nutrition, POSTING) pretty regularly, so we shall see how much more is "due" (whew- got through a metaphor and stayed away from SEX!! Ooops- there it is again! lol)

LOL- boop, the "butter- flying" on the RCA thread- It took me awhile to get it!! (DUH!) I guess I should have named my "new" self "Butterfly_Flying!"....But give me a break- I'm detoxing off opiates and my brain is not fully functioning yet- lol :P

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I love your enthusiasm! Thats whats going to pull you through this! Pebbles and momentum :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ButterFLYING! wrote:
Just "checking in"....getting to be late afternoon....still just fine. I have some clonodine but will only use for symptoms, and at night to help with that little bitch "Sleep" (Oh, I'm sorry sweetheart- please forgive me and be good to me tonight! lol). I am OUT of Xanax, which I think is a good thing.....I like it too much, KWIM?
Yes, hot baths have been my friend for awhile and I'm sure we will now be getting even more intimate (OH MY GOD- I must have a problem!! What is with me and my continual sexual entendres ?!!! Damn hormones!) I love Epsom salts, especially lavender scented! Good advice!
So, no wdl symptom so far AT ALL, except a little gurgly stomach which I think is from eating some fried food for lunch which is not my norm- but I was HUNGRY! and it was GOOD! :D
I feel strangely good, and am choosing to be "optimistic"...and at the same time "realistic"....I don't expect to gain my freedom for "free"...however, I have been putting "down payments' in (tapering, exercise, supplements, good nutrition, POSTING) pretty regularly, so we shall see how much more is "due" (whew- got through a metaphor and stayed away from SEX!! Ooops- there it is again! lol)

LOL- boop, the "butter- flying" on the RCA thread- It took me awhile to get it!! (DUH!) I guess I should have named my "new" self "Butterfly_Flying!"....But give me a break- I'm detoxing off opiates and my brain is not fully functioning yet- lol :P

Oh I wasn't really teasing you. It's a free county, you can make "butterflying" a noun if you want. Sorta like skydiving, even though the sky isn't taking a dive. The landscapers were annoying me though, irritable from not enough sleep, and they play on words came to mind.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm SO confused!! Are you a butt-flying or RCA (like the old TV's?). Why did you have to go and flip the script on me, I was just starting to get used to that goofy rca screen name. Ugh!!

So, day 1 no meds, eh. How are you feeling? You tapered down to a pretty low dose, your physical wd's should be minimal, but you'll still probably get some of that "opiate wd mind fuck", so be ready to keep ya-self busy and keep that mind occupied. You know the drill; music, hot baths, exercise, funny TV programs, more music, more exercise, feel the sunshine on your face, help others, go out and walk and check out nature again (I remember somewhere in my wd noticing trees had leaves again....sounds simple and mundane, but it stunned me cuz I had not bothered to really look for so long).

Last edited by Romeo on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So.....Midnight....I am tired, and hopefully sleep will gently hold me in her arms and comfort me tonight...physically, fine, "normal", zero symptoms (insert theme from Twilight Zone). Not complaining though!!! And not removing my Warrior! armor in case there are any "sneak attacks"!

Gonna try and get some ZZzzzzzzzzs

Night night all you lovely humans,
"Me"
(I think I am having a little identity crisis- ha ha ha)

PS. It is 12:07am my time, so "technically" Day 2 Suboxone Free- Hurray for "Me" :)

Mahatma Gandhi

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 541 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next