It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 541 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 28  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:17 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

ButterFLYING! wrote:
My relationships with friends and family are just "blossoming" again...truly what life is all about. IMO we need "others' and the isolation part of addiction is just so sad and dangeous to the soul...well, can't turn back the clock but I can certainly keep moving forward! :D

This is so true! I remember being such a social "butterfly" if you will :lol: when I was younger. As I got into drugs and then later suboxone, however I isolated more and more. It really distorted my view of the world and made me very spiteful. After only a few weeks free of suboxone its like I see the beauty in the world again!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:37 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

h0pe wrote:
[

a psych doc would call that precipitated anxiety. Keep positive dude! Try to medittate first thing in the morning. I have flashbacks almost every nighg, and if it werent for my own version of meditation, i would be on xanax. I was actually on it for years. Still in withdrawal from it 6 months later. If you can learn how to focus on your heart rate, and slow it down, those fearfull feelings go away. Most thinking goes away when im in that atate of mind. If anyone knows what im talking about you do. You seem centered. Keep moving forward bro

(another great post today JI!)

Hi h0pe, the underlined sounds horrible for you! I am worried about you. Have you made it to a meeting yet? JI is finding peace because he is not trying to do this "his way" on his own..(right JI?).
I'm happy you have found a version of mediation that works for you, but wouldn't it be nice to take some action so you don't have the flashbacks in the first place?
Great job for getting off the xanax btw!!!
:D BF

Thanks bf. I work 3 consecutive 14 hour shifts, wednesday, thursday and friday. That being said, i'm always looking for an excuse to not go! So, i'm finding a group this saturday. No joke. My life isnt where it needs to be yet, and i feel like im the only one in denial, because Everyone seems to want to let me to know. Girlfriends, co workers. I'm happy, but something is missing and ill fight for it. Thanks for the cool posts, i always am amazed to get responses

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Another day "30 something" free! :D

Feeling just great- slept 6 solid hours, then took a 5am step and weights class one of my friends from high school teaches (yes, I said 5am!!), then went biking- cool and clear- beautiful day!
And it is not even 8am! Today I noticed a definite improvement in "clarity" of mind. It has been hard to really judge where I am as far as "brain healing" because I've been using my own "sick" mind to judge the relative health of my own brain! (Ok ok, i don't mean "that" kind of sick...although I can "go there" sometimes- ha ha ha!).
But this morning I felt like another layer of "fog" has lifted...makes me "wonder" how many more "layers" there are? Or, has the "fog" truly "lifted"?? I guess I will know more as time goes on...but even if it does not get "better" than this, I am so grateful for how I feel today and the "fresh start" I have been granted....and worked my ass off for!! ha ha ha!

Today we plan on horse back riding at my sister's farm, and boating on the lake! I feel like I'm at camp!

Enjoy the day- it's almost Friday working people!
Peace,

Mahatma Gandhi

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:23 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey BF, happy Day 30-something.

I'm noticing the same improvement in clarity, etc. Amazing how we seem to be going thru the same detox curve in step with each other, or maybe it's not. Maybe the process is on a pretty steady
timetable for everyone.

How did you manage to find a step-weight class in the wilds of Wisconsin?

Horse back riding and boating, sigh! I'll be spending the day doing spreadsheets and talking to time-rushed clients. Hope you have fun.

-- ji

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

h0pe wrote:
My life isnt where it needs to be yet, and i feel like im the only one in denial, because Everyone seems to want to let me to know. Girlfriends, co workers. I'm happy, but something is missing and ill fight for it.

Hey h0pe, just being aware of this is a big step.

I don't know if you're like me in that when I quit drugs, I thought my life would magically be awesome and I'd wake up with a beam of sunshine emanating from my ass everyday, but it turns out this "life without drugs" thing takes work, patience and lots and lots of learning. Keep at it, Bud; things will get better and better.

Hey BF, don't fall off the horse....figuratively and literally. :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

TGIF! :D

This morning I am feeling glimpses of real "joy"- not just "happy" or 'not sick'..the kind of joy that just bursts from inside and makes you feel "glowing" from the inside out. What brought on this "joy"? Here is my hunch:

1. I am DRUG FREE
2. 6.5 hours of uninterrupted sleep!
3. Morning prayer and meditation gazing at stars on a clear, cool Northern dawn!
4. Listening to one of my all time favorites- James Taylor. He is a recovering Heroine addict btw, the one who said part of his "secret" to sobriety is vigorous exercise. This statement stuck with me for years and continues to motivate me.
5. I really feel like all traces of "resentment and anger" have been lifted (for today). THANK YOU Divine Father/Mother for your help, and for continuing to work through my fellow humans to spread your unconditional love and forgiveness to me and everyone who asks with an open heart.

This song which has been one of my favorites for years (although I had forgotten about it until today!) especially touched me this morning. Maybe it might help others who are struggling between their "foolish pride" and "forgiveness" of their loved ones today.

http://youtu.be/GfJWqjoekow

Shower the People
You can play the game and you can act out the part,
even though you know it wasn't written for you.
Tell me, how can you stand there with your broken heart ashamed of playing the fool?
One thing can lead to another; it doesn't take any sacrifice.
Oh, father and mother, sister and brother, if it feels nice, don't think twice,
just shower the people you love with love, show them the way that you feel.
Things are gonna work out fine if you only will do as I say, just
shower the people you love with love, show them the way you feel.
Things are gonna be much better if you only will.

You can run but you cannot hide, this is widely known.
Tell me, what you plan to do with your foolish pride when you're all by yourself, alone.
Once you tell somebody the way that you feel, you can feel it beginning to ease.
I think it's true what they say about the squeaky wheel always getting the grease.
Better to shower the people you love with love, show them the way that you feel.
Things are gonna be just fine if you only will what I'd like to do to you.
Shower the people you love with love, show them the way that you feel.
Things are gonna be much better if you only will.

Shower the people you love with love, show them the way that you feel.
You'll feel better right away.
Don't take much to do, sell you pride.
They say in every life, they say the rain must fall, just like pouring rain, make it rain.
Make it rain, love, love, love is sunshine, oh yes,
Make it rain, love, love, love is sunshine. Everybody, everybody.

Peace and Joy,
BF

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Fantastic stuff, BF, glad you posted an update.

Keep 'em coming, at least from time to time.

-- ji

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Happy Monday! Still on vacation here, sorry working people!! (I'll be joining you next week!)

Feeling generally well still, lost track of days. I am looking towards Aug. 26 and 2 months!!
I feel best in the morning (sleeping 6-7 hours now pretty regularly) but really dragging in the afternoon and am wondering if this is 'PAWS" or just old age! ha ha ha. Either way, it will not make me turn back.

Just a minute ago I went in the kitchen cabinet (here at my parents house) to get a tylenol for a slight head ache , and found myself face to face with two big, full bottles of cough medicine with codeine!! There are snakes hiding all over this dr.'s house! I also know where some percs are (and the xanax).

I don't "think" I am tempted by the opiates...but can't say I didn't think it through a bit.
6 more days in this house of meds!!
Today going out to my sisters farm again- gonna enjoy the day SOBER!! :D
Peace,
BF

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey BF, glad your enjoying your vacation.

No way we can survive just by avoiding temptation, there's simply too much of it around. As long as thoughts don't turn into cravings, we're safe. Sounds like you're coming through another trial intact (I remember the Subs you found after your jump).

Maybe it's PAWS and old age, lol. The PAWS will pass, aging we'll just have to learn to live with.

Peace & love right back at you! :)

-- ji

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey, thanks JI, yes, can't do much about aging- ha ha ha, except keep making as healthy of choices as we can manage. Check this out; my 77 year old father went WATER SKIING the other day!! The neighbors all came out and applauded! I'm inspired!! Old does not have to mean inactive, and "old" is relative, right?

And today he is leading my family on a long bike trail that goes on a scenic path along where an old train track used to run. The whole trail is 400 miles, and I'm quite confident he could make the whole trek (though not in a single day of course). It will be interesting to see how far my family and I can go, but I'm sure we will tire out before he does!

I slept 8 hours last night!!! Not sure if this was a "fluke" or if sleep has indeed returned. My app said 80% quality (I did wake up for a bit around midnight, but was still sleepy and not frustrated at all)

It is 6:30 am and my energy is high, but this has been my trend lately, feeling great in the morning, and a bit of that "led suit" by afternoon. I'm curious to see how I'll feel later, especially because I'll be on a bike trying to keep up with a 77 year old!! lol

I also want to add a "word" on this thread about a conversation on another that has caused me a bit of concern as my intent is not to offend or hurt any other forum members, but to discuss, learn, and shed light and hope when I believe I might have a little bit of opportunity to do so.

I totally understand sub maintenance- I am not some "outsider" looking in- I have been there, and quite recently! If I had felt someone was trying to push me to jump before I was ready, I probably would have been defensive. I just want to clarify, this is/was NOT my intention. But facts are facts, right? Although subs DO help in many ways and are the "right" choice for many as they present a "better" option, are we seriously saying they are the "healthiest" choice for our bodies? As difficult as it may be to hear and to think about when one is in the position of sub maintenance (as I was for many many years), I believe (and correct me if I am wrong here!) that our bodies and minds (and spirits) function at their "optimal" levels when we are opiate free, with the possible exception of actual pain management. Even then, it affects our brains and perceptions, right?
I'm NOT saying those on sub maintenance would be dead or in jail or institutions without subs- I am just saying it is my understanding that the INTENT of physicians prescribing subs is to prevent patients from relapsing on more dangerous opiates, which we have been taught eventually leads to those 3 options.
SO, my "question" if you will, is, if one is NOT in a position where relapse is probable, is sub maintenance the healthiest choice? Especially if one is having questions about their behavior being "normal" for an extroverted or introverted person? I am not trying to make the choice of "subs or no subs" for anyone. Just asking the question. I hope this is "allowed".

I don't mean to be confrontational, just factual and truthful, and have a "friendly" intelligent conversation. Sometimes "truth" is scary and I get that. I was scared shitless when I first joined this forum. But I always knew in my heart of hearts that the subs were not healthy for me. And now that fear and anxiety is "gone", honestly (I do have normal "ups and downs" of course- but that underlying dread and unease has disappeared), and I am just so GRATEFUL for the "lightness" I feel, and only want to share that if I can. If not, at least I know I tried, KWIM?

If others who are on sub maintenance already have "peace" and don't feel any desire to change the status quo, WONDERFUL!! I am happy for you!! Not my job to judge!! :D

Here is another James Taylor classic- so beautifully said. Please take 5 minutes and listen if you feel so inclined.

http://youtu.be/p18qu4Te9j4

Peace,
BF

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:47 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi BF, a 77-year-old on water skies sounds cool, good genes in your family.

I didn't catch the discussion on the other thread about Subs maintenance, it's a tricky question. If we get off before we're ready, we risk a lot. Some (a lot of?) people, especially long-term opiate users, apparently do stay on Subs or other maintenance drugs for life, and can possibly still build some quality of life.

But as another person who finally got off the Subs, I can't say enough about getting clean finally. Yes, there have been challenges, and there will continue to be challenges. But each challenge met makes us stronger, and gives us a chance to experience life more fully. The simple sense of peace and happiness I've begun to experience, more and more freed of self-centered fear, is something I would not trade for anything, especially a drug like Subs. I know the good stuff will get stronger and stronger.

Long term opiate use can prevent us from dealing with the sh*t that fueled our addiction in the first place. If someone decides that they're just not ready to face those demons at this time, that's cool. But for anyone thinking of getting off Subs, as long as you're ready and have a plan in place to deal with addiction issues, it could be the best decision you can make. It certainly was for me.

-- ji

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey JI, yes, I guess partially good genes, but he has always been active, biking, tennis, sailing, (and non smoker who only occasionally drinks, careful with his diet) so just a good example of how taking care of yourself pays off in the long run. I'm really pointing that out to my kids too- I'm like "do you want to be in a nursing home at 77 or water skiing and biking??"

SO, DAY 42!! Right?? I think yesterday I forgot to count my actual jump day. :D
I'm updating today because I have had 2 NIGHTS IN A ROW of 8 hours sleep!
So, "sleep" it seems, returned to me after 40 days and 40 nights! Kind of symbolic, right? It rained for 40 days and 40 nights! Yeshua (aka Jesus) went out into the wilderness and fasted for 40 days and 40 nights, right?

Thank you Creator for helping me weather the last 40 days and 40 nights! I am SO grateful for the last 2 nights of 8 hours of sleep! Please help me to use this "healthy" body to do your will and guide my choices so each thought, word and deed emanates from a place of your LOVE. Thank you that your LIGHT is drowning out the fear in my life. Please help others to know You - to find the "God of their understanding" and Your "peace".
AMEN!!
BF

PS. We biked 30 miles yesterday through some beautiful country- my energy we great all day long!! Take that "PAWS" lol (oh please don't come back and scratch me for that comment with those "paws" PAWS!!!)

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi BF, thanks for the update. Sounds like you're doing really well, which is fantastic.

I've had two night of uninterrupted sleep, 5 or 6 hours last night, 7 hours the night before. The main thing is that I'm feeling rested, apart from the usual mid-afternoon low energy period that I think most people get, I'm alert and active from early morning until 10 pm or 11 pm at night, which is great.

Definitely feeling more involved in life day by day, and am spending less and less time and energy butting heads with my insane addict brain. Was going to say, 'can't wait to see where sobriety takes me,' only I don't want to get caught up in that sort of 'what's in store for me' kind of thinking, just want to be content with having a good day today (which I am).

Enjoy another vacation day. Don't forget that you owe us some pix!

-- ji

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:15 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

So i'm with a group pretty close to my house. Its pretty wierd being around people going on sub, while,i just came off of it. I'm pretty sure that the women in charge is on drugs. I'm going to go once a week on tuesdays. Just wanted to let ya know tht i followed through bf!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

johnny_ikon wrote:

Enjoy another vacation day. Don't forget that you owe us some pix!

-- ji

Thanks Ji- so happy you are also doing well and feeling rested! My pic is ready....I'm waiting on TRAINER!! lol

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

h0pe wrote:
So i'm with a group pretty close to my house. Its pretty wierd being around people going on sub, while,i just came off of it. I'm pretty sure that the women in charge is on drugs. I'm going to go once a week on tuesdays. Just wanted to let ya know tht i followed through bf!!

Great news h0pe! I am proud of you that you followed through- thanks for taking the time to let me know! :D

Just a thought (and I'm not even sure I should be sharing my "thoughts" anymore as they seem to be borderline against the rules!? So maybe it is just "time" for me to "check out"....just not sure?), but perhaps you might consider trying to find a group where the person in charge is NOT on drugs? Maybe an AA group? AA was recommended to me over NA some years back, but "not judging or confronting or doing anything but trying to be helpful!"

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good stuff, h0pe, glad you followed thru. How are you doing at this point?

Um, BF, no stalling. We want to see those pix.

-- ji

h0pe wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just got in from a relaxing float down the river...relaxing and reflecting...

I do believe it is "time" for me to "step back" a bit from the forum. Thank you so so very much to all of those who have helped me improve, no "take back' my life this summer! In addition to "taking" from this forum, I hope I have left a bit of hope and light in my trail.

And a parting "gift" to my jump bro/son who has journeyed through tapering and jumping subs in tandem with me! Thank you for sharing your spirit, your struggles, and your sense of humor with me! Keep working out bro and maybe "someday" instead of "chicken arms" (lol) you'll have guns like a 48 year old woman!! :lol:

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 80.83 KiB | Viewed 248 times ]

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey BF, I'm impressed! (Not bad for a girl, lol....joking!)

I'll put up a picture too, as soon as I can figure out how to take an arm selfie while wearing a dress short.

-- ji

ButterFLYING! wrote:
Just got in from a relaxing float down the river...relaxing and reflecting...

I do believe it is "time" for me to "step back" a bit from the forum. Thank you so so very much to all of those who have helped me improve, no "take back' my life this summer! In addition to "taking" from this forum, I hope I have left a bit of hope and light in my trail.

And a parting "gift" to my jump bro/son who has journeyed through tapering and jumping subs in tandem with me! Thank you for sharing your spirit, your struggles, and your sense of humor with me! Keep working out bro and maybe "someday" instead of "chicken arms" (lol) you'll have guns like a 48 year old woman!! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[quote="johnny_ikon"]Hey BF, I'm impressed! (Not bad for a girl, lol....joking!)

I'll put up a picture too, as soon as I can figure out how to take an arm selfie while wearing a dress short.

-- ji

Hey Ji....well, what are you WAITNG for? Huh? Did Trainer's pic scare you away? lol-
here, maybe you can understand this a little bit better:"Baaaaawk, Bawk, Bawk, Baaaaawk!". Guess those chicken arms are for real! :lol:

Seriously though, I don't blame you if you're intimidated by Trainer! Wow! For the record, I'm not going for size, just definition, but even if I was, I don't think I'd stand chance! She just STARTED working out!! Very impressive....(but you still owe us a pic JI, right Trainer?! ha ha ha)

PS. One of my "goals" (although I don't know if it is actually attainable at my age and after 2 kids) is to get a "six pack" before I turn 50. I've had the "upper 4" before, and am getting close again, but am thinking if we have a little contest (You, Trainer, and I), it might help and be kinda fun! What do you two say, huh? No fair if you are already there!!

Mahatma Gandhi

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 541 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 28  Next