It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:44 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey guys,
I'm wondering if there are any of the cleansing drinks or rapid detox products that work for bupe. I've tried the Omni Clean 1oz shot with the pills and it didn't seem to touch the bupe. I take between 1mg-1.5mg daily and have a probation appt on Tuesday. My prescription expired a few days ago. Not sure that they've started testing for it because they didn't at the beginning of the year. Really need some guidance on this.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:44 pm 

Hi Blondie and welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately I am not aware of any "cleansing drinks" that will flush bupe from your system. It just takes the time it takes.

I also have no way of knowing whether you will be tested specifically for bupe or not.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

None of those 'cleansing' products actually remove drugs from your system. People often write about things being 'pushed off receptors'... but that idea is not reflective of what actually happens. There are no instances where certain molecules stay in the body longer because of binding to receptors. The actions of molecules at receptor sites are not significant enough to affect the length of time the molecules stay in the body. Not even close!

Some drugs, e.g. methadone, bind nonspecifically to proteins in the blood or brain. That binding can cause the drug to accumulate, and lengthen the drug's elimination half-life. In those cases, there are things that can interfere with protein binding, such as changes in pH.

But again, the effects at specific receptors in the body and brain are many orders of magnitude less than nonspecific binding to proteins. If you take a huge dose of naloxone, you would displace buprenorphine from opioid receptors--- but that buprenorphine would remain in the blood and tissues, and resume binding to opioid receptors as the levels of naloxone decreased over the next hour or two. The amount of buprenorphine reaching the liver during that time would not change significantly, compared to before the dose of naloxone. I'm trying to think of an analogy... picture a house that contains 10,000 houseflies. One small window is open, and on average about 10 houseflies exit through that window every hour. On the kitchen table there are 10 pieces of rotten meat that the flies are taking turns visiting, to lay maggot eggs. Now, lets put a dog into the house, and let that dog eat the meat. You still have the same number of flies.

That's a disgusting image. Sorry about that... but I think you get my point!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Maybe a transfusion?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:12 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Is anyone aware of anything that could potentially mask/cover or speed up the flushing of buprenorphine for a urinalysis? They make those drinks but I've never used anything like that. I'm down to .5mg-1mg daily and have found out that I have a urine test that tests for buprenorphine in about 32 hours. I took .5 mg first thing this morning before learning about this test.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

In this case, for sure, our "doc" knows best, he answered about how the bupe will stay in your system. I don't know about testing for probation- what kind of UA test they give, but in Texas, the majority of drug UA screens for employment do not cover bupe. I have seen posts where people were scared b/c they were getting tested for a job, and unless the drug screen is looking for bupe specifically, they usually don't catch it. The standard 12 panel test doesn't include buprenorphine. Now, since suboxone and other bupe products are becoming used more frequently, the powers that be may decide to test for bupe, since a lot of the standard tests out there do not "catch it". If I am wrong about this, then please correct me, but I've been tested 4 times in the past 2 years, and never once did the test show that I was taking bupe. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Todd, you asked that if you are wrong that you be corrected. Honestly I More want to help get current info out, but here's a correction for you. While in the past many tests did not include bup. I'm not sure what to consider a "standard" 12 panel test but many 12 and even 10 panels do test bup. Some replaced propoxyphene, which was removed from the market several years ago with a panel for bup. Others have just added it. I recently purchased some 12 panels on eBay that did not include bup in the devsciption but when the tests arrived in the mail, bup was one of the panels. Not all tests are the same but with each passing day, more bup testing seems to happen.

As for clearing your system, sadly, it's not going to happen. The long half life will have you testing positive for up to a week after stopping. Do you have a prescription? If so, you should be okay. If not...

Good luck and let us know what happens.