It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:43 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I was on stawell who covered my suboxone completeley. I started making a little money and they put me on straight medicaid with a share cost of $162. my share cost has been met, but they want a prior authorization from my doc. I will have that done on monday. I am cocerned as to wether or not medicaid will cover my suboxone. Does anyone know, I am going through the Harbor which is outpatient treatment. Anybody know I am sweating this. This is the first time in my life where I am at peace since I have been on the sub's and I do not want to come off of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I am not in Florida, but it is my understanding that regular Medicaid has better coverage that HMO's.The best thing for you to do is call them directly and get a breakdown of your coverage for addiction recovery services.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I had to get of Suboxone because Florida medicaid problem they wanted me to pay 974/ per month at front. If I reach and passed this amount they would pay the whole bill, but if I only spend 900 one of the month (for example) the bill was on me. I couldn't afford to joggle or my medical appointment so that it would reach 974 every month. But I had to keep all of the recite and submitted at the end of each month. If I loose any of them then I had to go around finding them.

I have been informed however that Florida stopped providing Suboxone treatment. I suspect that this is not a State of Florida act, but one of the venders one is to receive prior approval. If this is so, they may be violating the American With Disabilities Act. and for example if anyone had to drop from Suboxone treatment and got arrested for possession. I bet a legal case could be made against the vender who did not approve the case. Mental Health professionals are not well know for following research and doing Evidence Based Treatment. I believe that such poor treatment can be devastating to peoples lives,