It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: I flipped!!!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:44 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok, I'll try to keep this short. My husband and I have been clean on subs for 6months, which is awesome. However, today was a huge test, and we failed. In my intro I talked about my marriage and how my husband had an affair while I was pregnant. He still works with her and was still talking to her, emails, im's and texts. Well today they had an off site meeting all day. When I went to pick him up I passed her, I flipped the car around; I totally peeled out. Parked the car and yelled out her name. Next thing I know my hubby grabs my arm and pins me to the car. I wanted to jump her like a cougar.
We head home and she calls him, I talk to her. Blah blah. I'm rambling. Anyways, she ends up coming over, She texts my husband if I was going to hit her. I want to knock her a** out, but I can be an adult. In the end, she has I new job and he cut it off completely. I was so relieved. Here's the part were we failed; I had a rx for tussianext(sp?) he went to fill it and we each drank 60ml. We felt a little, but I mostly felt guilt. I know it's just a slip up, and what's done is done. So now it's back on subs, and one day at a time. Thanks for reading this, as I'm just bitching. It's been one hell of a ride. I felt every emotion possible today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:25 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I would have flipped out too. It's great that you're back on track

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:44 pm 

What is good about your situation is that you can take this slip and learn from it! You learned that using isn't worth the guilt you feel over messing up. Next time there's an opportunity maybe you'll look back on this experience and decide that it's not worth trying to get high.

Good for you and your hubby for working stuff out and supporting each other getting back to your recovery plan. Good luck going forward!

Amy

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just a little pick you up, he had an affair... So don't beat yourself up to much for 'flipping the heck out'... It's human nature. Tha gosh you didn't bash her head in, that wouldn't be good for anyone...

About your slip up, that's what it was... A slip up... I'm sure almost all (heck, most likely ALL- every last one of us!!) has had our relapses, slip ups, etc etc...

And last, I'm glad your back on track- stay there... Stay on track. You can do this. I know you can. Humans are resilient. You ARE going to make it through this, and who knows how many times you'll slip up. Just try to keep them to a minimum and try to get support and stay on the right track.

Have faith in yourself, thoughts are things!!

Hope this helped even just a tiny bit.

iPhone