It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:30 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Not_alone wrote:
I've been lurking around this and other forums for a year or so, but haven't had much to share as of yet. I have read other peoples experiences while going through thier own WD's from Sub, and thought I would share mine.

I have been on Suboxone for almost 6 years now and have decided that my life is in a much better place and I have what it takes to stay drug free without the help of Sub. I took my prescribed 16 mg for the first 4 years or so, before realizing I didn't need quite that much. I tappered down to 4mg rather quickly and stayed at that dose for a a year or so. I continued to taper down further, but only made it down to about 3mg most days and 2mg on others. The past two days I have taken just 1mg per day, and thats as low as I'm gonna go.

Now The fun part begins. The reason why I haven't just sucked it up and tapered down to the .5mg or less thats suggested, is because in my own head I would much rather feel really bad for a few weeks then feel kind of bad for several months. I am certainly very anxious about the Withdrawels that I am going to be feeling very soon, and I wish now that i had tapered down further, But I didn't and Thats life.

I'm open for any Ideas about comfort meds that may help me through this. I can't get any clonadine right now, so any over the counter Meds or vitimans will be usefull. I'm aware that alot of the pain associated with WD's is as much mental as physical, and I'm going to try to remain positive about everything.

The reason why I'm stopping now is because I don't have to go back to work untill the first week in March, and I believe a month should be enough time for me to get back the energy to work and take care of the family. Any thoughts on that?

Not_Alone... Well you're in the first week of march now so tell us how you are doing. I hope everything is good and you can tell us how things went while off work. Are you back now? Were you able to accomplish your goals?

Best regards..