It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Its been almost a month now. I feel fantastic. I went to Banff with my wife this weekend and the doc was nice enough to give me 4 days carries after only 3 weeks being on the drug. He made my wife carry them though...lol. Anyway, I just dont remember a time when I could go somewhere and not have to check to see how many oxys I had left or if I would have enough for the whole trip. You know the drill. I just took my sub in the AM and enjoyed the nature and my beautiful wife. I feel like Im me again. I dont want to be under the spell of the oxy anymore if anyone can understand what Im saying. Like it was the deciding factor before i did anything. i will not miss that. The fact remains however that i want to be off the sub too though so I can just be me again. I know that will take time but I still feel that way.

For those reading and thinking about this medication. It really helped me. It will help you. Dont listen to naysayers, just start it and live again.

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Mark,

I am glad you are doing so well and are getting out there enjoying life! We all know what u mean about the control Oxy had over your life and it is so nice to have that freedom back! Banff is a gorgeous place, I visited it a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Welcome back to the world ny friend!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi marktjc and congrats on getting your life back! Thanks for sharing a great story with us. Sub does have a way of giving things back to us doesn't it? Or should I say it helps us get our life back. Either way, I'm so glad to hear you're doing well. I understand your desire to be off sub as well, but try to put that in the back of your mind for now and concentrate on getting your head and shit together so that when you do get off sub you're truly ready and will be able to stay off it.

Thanks again for sharing!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.