It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:14 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Ok I've been on pers over 12 yrs up around 80mg a day. Well now trying subs was given 1 8mg a day but I don't want to be too much at once can I break into half and again and take thru out the day?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:21 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

To answer your question directly: yes. It is thought of as general wisdom though to try and dose only once a day. With that being said there are many of us that dose twice a day and for many reasons, mine being that at my prescribed 16MG per day (I end up only taking 12MG) I found that trying to take so much at one time I had a rough time with some of the side effects of bup. I would get the jitters really bad and sweat. I usually break my dosing to no more than twice a day (After all we are trying to break the habit of dosing whenever we feel we need something also). O dose once in the morning with 8MG, then early afternoon, after lunch I will take the other 4MG..

Also remember when experimenting with dosing schedule and amounts that Suboxone has a high half life so it could take a day or two before you will notice the change.

IF you think that 8MG all at once would be too much, try breaking your dose in half and see how that works for you. Once you get accustomed to the amount of Suboxone in your system, you can then try to consolidate the dose and see how you feel then.

Let me know how you're doing or if you have any more questions. I am sure you will find some great advice and many who will support you through your recovery.

Welcome to the forums! I look forward to seeing you around..

Much Luck,

Reprieve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:48 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

welcome to the forums,
I am assuming your doc prescribed 8mg a day. I agree with Reprieve, you can spit the dose if necessary. It works for some people better that way.
I don't think I would take any less than prescribed until you stablize and talk with your Dr. but splitting the dose may work better for you, Suboxone saves lives. You will find what works best for you and a dose that fits you.

Good luck to you,

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:36 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank u both I hope so after the years of living handcap pretty much, I have learn to live again . It werid! Lol but the sub gives me a little head ache is that normal? Well the dr who wrote said one pill a day and I will may bed more but I was worried cause I wasn't using pills anymore to get high it was not to get sick. N I hear people get messed up or really high from taking a whole one or overdoesing. I don't know I take a half of a half at 7am then 1pm I took the other piece I do feel better but heady.