All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: first time
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yesterday I went to the suboxon doctor. In 2006 I had back surgery
and I've been hooked on pain killers. I took the meds as prescribed
at first. Before i knew it i could not get up in the morning without pills.
I needed more and more until i was taking 5 80 mg oxys a day. Then to
a gram of heroin a day. I've tried to stop many times. The w/d were to much.
I go 2 maybe 3 days at the most before i get a fix. I never though this would
happen to me. I thought i could control it.
About a month ago i decided i needed help so i research my options and found
suboxon program. Yesterday i finally went to the doctor and started the program.
The doctor put my on 8mg strips 2 times a day.
I'm sick of my life. I want to be the person i was before. I want to be there for my parent.
I don't know if my post makes sence, not thinking straight right now

Thanks

Post subject: Re: first time
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello jmoldy and welcome to you!

Your post makes perfect sense, and so does your story. It's classic and like most others here how they got started down the long dark road. I was there too and know exactly how you feel.

I think you made a wise choice to get on the subs. They literally saved my life and I had a great experience on them. I'm off now, but had about 3 years on them to get myself in order and get my life back. Your length of time on sub therapy will depend on how long you, and perhaps your doctor feel it's necessary to be on them.

Your on a average dose of 16mg per day and that should have you feeling good once your system gets use to the med. Give it a few days to level out and that will give you a better idea of how you are going to be feeling.

Hang in there and maybe read some threads and see how others have done along the way. Lots of great threads and stories here for you to get an idea how it all worked for everyone. I've been off now a little over a month and feel completely amazing and out enjoying life.

Take care of yourself and again welcome to the forum. Keep posting your progress and maybe use your thread here as a journal to track your progress.

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:45 pm 

Hi JM11, and Welcome to the forum!

Karen said it all very nicely and I too want to add that once you stabilize on Suboxone you will be able to get back to a normal life. Work on recovery and use the Sub as a tool to get there. Opiate replacement therapy works very well and removes you from all the chaos and stress of being strung out. Not feeling any cravings was so awesome for me. I just couldn't believe it was happening.

Try to relax and give it about a week for your body to adjust to the medication. The dose you're on is about right. If you need a dose adjustment, talk to your doctor about it.

You took the first step to recovery. Congratulations!

rule

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Jmoldy!

Congratulations on making one of the best decisions of your life! Your story makes complete sense! I, too, was where you are at just about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Suboxone is a wonderful drug and has saved many lives. I felt great almost immediately and all my cravings went away. It's a wonderful feeling to not worry about how many pills you have and if you have enough to get you through. I don't know about you, but I was spending almost every last penny I had, on pills. It feels very good to be able to actually hold onto money again! Once again, congrats! Hang in there, you definitely won't regret this decision.

Lynn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lynn45 wrote:
I don't know about you, but I was spending almost every last penny I had, on pills. It feels very good to be able to actually hold onto money again!

Heck, I spent every last penny I had, and then spent a whole lot I didn't have!

I look back on it now and wonder how I did it for so long. Thank goodness that is now in the past. I can remember the first few months of treatment though, when you're not so far removed from your active addiction. It is a wonderful feeling having that extra cash every week!

At the OP, welcome to the forum! Your story is all to familiar. You are with people here who understand...we've all been there!

Q

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:40 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank to everyone
I spent every dime i got. It didn't matter if it was $20 or $5000
Its good to know i have this forum.I've been reading alot of your post and it has help.
Normally i would be looking for a fix this morning. I'm not going to. The subs have me
feeling ok. I do get some hot and cold flashes, and didn't sleep well.
I have some energy,took my dog for a long walk this morning.
I'm new to forums in general so learning how to navigate and where to post. But i'll get it.
Using my phone since i pawned my computer to get high.
For the first time in a long time I have hope.

Thank again this site is a live saver

"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hang in there ok, your doing great! Like we said, it's going to take a few days for the sub to get in your system and level out good. Then you should be feeling much better. You may even need to adjust your dose at some point, but not right now!

Walking your doggie is great! You need to get out and keep busy. Walking is wonderful exercise and the more the better. You should be very proud of yourself for making this positive change in your life. I know I'm very proud of you because like you said, you would normally be out looking for that fix this morning and now look where your at!!! Good job girl! Well done and stay positive! :D

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:29 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks brown eyed girl
I will stay positive and strong

Thou i am a guy not a girl lol

Jeff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

jmoldy11 wrote:
Thanks brown eyed girl
I will stay positive and strong

Thou i am a guy not a girl lol

Jeff

WOOPS! Are you sure? :lol: I'm kidding of course and very sorry for the mistake Jeff!!!

I won't make that mistake again! :D

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

That's funny because I find myself wondering a lot if someone is male or female on here. Sometimes it can be really hard to tell. Anyway I'm so glad to hear you're doing so well. Long walks are great for releasing much needed endorphins. Keep it up, you're doing great!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Jmoldy - I havent even read the replies and i dont jump in here very often but wanted to tell you emphatically there is hope, happiness, love, friendship...whatever you seek after active addiction. Your story is my story, i started a bit later but ramped up to 400+mgs a day, and was hanging on by a thread.

I entered Sub treatment Aug 27th and cant tell you how happy i am. It take a little time to adjust physically, you need to forgive yourself, and begin rebuilding your life one step at a time.

Please just give the subs and yourself some time and see where you end up. Folks on here are awesome and will help guide you through things if needed.

All the best and keep ur chin up!

RSB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:50 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Another day clean. I feel good today and have no cravings. Set up a trip to visit my parents. My mom is fighting cancer and my dad is is assisted living with dementia. Its been awhile since i had a visit.
Alway afraid i would run out of dope so i would make something up so i wouldn't have to go. I don't think my mom believes me that i'm coming
this time. I don't blame her.
They have no idea what i have been going thru. Not sure if I'm going to tell them. I should say tell my mom i not telling my dad. Seeing my dad is the hardest thing to do. Even writing about him is hard to do. Hes a great man going thru a horrible disease. Glad i found this site, i usually not someone who shares but i feel its necessary right now.

Jeff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Jeff,

I have an idea for you....let your actions speak louder than words. Instead of telling mom anything just let her see the new Jeff and how much he loves life right now! I bet she notices the difference.

I wanted to tell everyone i was not on any kind of drug and my NA sponsor suggested the same thing to me, to let my attitude and actions do the talking for me. Maybe give that a go first and see if anyone takes notice. You might be surprised!

I'm sorry to hear about both your parents. That has to be so difficult. Good for you to make that trip. I bet mom will be overjoyed to see you! Have a great visit and I wish all of you the very best Jeff.

Karen xoxo