It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: First Time on Probation
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:47 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello all I'm new to the forums and I am going to meet my probation officer on Thursday. I have only been on suboxone about a month and I'm supposed to take 8mg a day. I been abusing my script for about 5 days now, taking about 4 strips thru the day and getting high. I know this needs to stop and I think God may be sending me a message because I suddenly got the letter for me to meet my prob. officer, forcing me to chill out.

Now my questions are:
If I decide to stay on the medication, how do I go about telling my PO about it and will he know I have been taking more than prescribed? I'm in NY btw so if anyone else is on NYS Probation I'd love to hear what you have to say.

If I decide to stop taking my medication, will I be clean by Thurs? It is Sunday night and I know the half life make it more difficult to say " 3 days and youre good" I just want to hear what someone else might think.

Thank you everyone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

1st:
there is no real high from the extra suboxone unless you are really sensitive to it, as in not having any opiate dependence at all. taking that much only makes you subconsciously feel like your doing something, I would bet that the whole pill+ reward system and your brain says that you should feel a buzz. I'm not saying you don't feel elevated, but I'd bet it's not a true high unless you're hypersensitive to suboxone. if you do some reading on the ceiling effect of suboxone, you'll see what I mean. anything over 24 mg to 32 mg does show absolutely no benefit in clinical trials.

2nd:
your probation officer, unless they have changed, can't tell you even take suboxone.. the test to show suboxone is like a 12 panel. they aren't cheap and normally have to be performed in a lab. ordinary urine tests won't show suboxone, I was on suboxone the entire time I did probation, but I was not on very long and got early dismissal for paying all my fees and restitution early.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh, and you can't possibly be clean in three days or so, it would take 2 to 3 weeks because of the amount you've taken and the half-life. suboxone has a very long half-life.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:07 am 

I'm afraid that Jonathan is right. There is no way to get sub out of your system in three days. But I also agree with him that they likely won't test for it. There are tests that can tell how high of a concentration of sub is in your system, but they are also pricey. If you are worried about it, I would probably back off on the sub dose for the next three days.

I want to welcome you to the forum! I hope that you stick around to have more of your questions answered!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:55 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Not to mention quitting abrubtly would probably suck. Your Probation offer would probably ask what's wrong with you.

Either way, you should be safe. Just take it as prescribed. You're doing yourself absolutely no justice by taking 32mg a day.

- WTBF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When I quit Suboxone, I had some 20ng/mL test strips (which were only $2 each). I bought them because I wanted to know when Suboxone cleared my system so I would know when I would start feeling better. At 3 days, I was getting a weak negative and by day 4, it was a strong negative for Buprenorphine (Suboxone). I had been on Suboxone for almost 3 years and didn't really taper before I quit either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

the panel test they use for probationers might cost only a dollar, but they
charge upwards of $40+ for drug screens when reporting. what we pay at the drug store and what people on probation would get charged... way bloated numbers so the state makes money. they aren't going to lose any profit in order to cover another $2 each test.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:10 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I guess I'm going to take my chances then, hopefully they won't test for it. Although it is my first time so I think they might test me for everything because I'm new. Also the reason I am on probation is heroin related.

If I was going to tell her I am on suboxone, how do I go about that? Is anyone here on probation right now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

KaiserSoze wrote:
I guess I'm going to take my chances then, hopefully they won't test for it. Although it is my first time so I think they might test me for everything because I'm new. Also the reason I am on probation is heroin related.

If I was going to tell her I am on suboxone, how do I go about that? Is anyone here on probation right now?

Then you'll be tested for opiates...which is heroin, lortabs/oxycontins...etc.
Fortunately, Suboxone does NOT show up in urine as an opiate. The biproduct of your body breaking down Suboxone is norbuprenorphine..
Not something that would trigger an opiate-positive result.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I depends on whether or not the state of NY have the 11-12 panel drug test. The code that they test for on the drug test is BUP. Most state agencies do not have that extensive of a drug test. Most have the usual test for: BZO, COC, OPI, MAMP, AMP, BAR. Let me know what happened. I sure you will be fine. And...if it was me, I would not tell them I am on suboxone. Just saying. Good Luck and post when you get back.