It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: First time plugger!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ok, I'll admit it,I tried plugging for the first time yesterday, and this is def. the way to go! Ive been taking 16mg a day for the last couple years under the tongue, but yesterday I plugged 2mg and it was way better than 8 mg under the tongue. Now I just stuck the pill in there without dissolving it. Is that OK? Or does it work better with a syringe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hrbt72- I am right there with you, plugging suboxone is a lot better than taking it orally. I think that plugging is the best method of intake for a lot of things, although I don't do those kind of things any more. It is also a very common medical way of administering drugs. However, be aware that this is an addict like behavior, not taking the drug as prescribed. I've talked with my doctor about it and have his OK to do so, if NECESSARY.

The way I plug suboxone is like this:
* I'll refer to oral syringe as OS, MOA is method of administration.

1.) Get a shot glass or something small to mix the suboxone and water together in.
2.) Take the strips out of the packet and put them in your shot glass.
3.) Add some warm water, you don't want anything too hot as you don't want to put steaming hot liquid in your anus, if you do, YOUR GOING TO HAVE A BAD TIME! (south park reference, I know, I am lame).
4.) Mix the solution with something small, I use a dental pick that I got when I had braces. Make sure that you mix it until the film completely dissolves, you don't want any orange chunks in the solution. It should start to form a gooey, gel like substance.
5.) Take your OS and suck up the solution.
6.) NEXT- Apply a scientifically correct amount of lube to the OS and your rear end.
7.) Plug' er' up. Lay on your left side as this will allow the solution to pass through your intestines easily and you wont have to worry about leaking. Remove the OS.
8.) Stay laying down for another minute or two until you feel that the solution is not going to leak out. I usually just get right back up after medicating. I have got to the point where I know the consistency of the solution when it is correctly made.
9.) Enjoy the day! I feel the effects within five minutes of dosing.
10.) Just had to make a 10th step because I have a thing about even numbers.

In the future, don't shove the pill or strip straight up your bum, it doesn't break down correctly and it just takes a lot longer. If you are already putting the pill in your butt I would suggest doing the MOA above, its a lot better, and the results are much much better.

Some links on BA of Suboxone. Suboxone has a higher BA when you plug it, compared to the nasty ass taste you get in your mouth.

Bioavailabilities:
intranasal: 50%
intrarectal: 54%
sublingual: ~30%
sublingual in Ethanol solution: 50-70%

~!~ http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6115924

~!~ http://grande.nal.usda.gov/ibids/index. ... row=588303

~!~ http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_o ... af33e793e6

-Canada

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I take my medicine as prescribed, the only time I had to plug the suboxone was when I had a horrible outbreak in my mouth and couldn't do anything, eat, drink, talk, take my medicine; mainly suboxone and my big ol' horse pill for allergies. I had the approval from my Doctor to do so while I was getting over having the sores in my mouth.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Doc agreed
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't see this as a sick post but one that is a good question. With the bioavailablity being what it is I discussed this with my sub doctor and he said he has 3 patients that take their sub the same way that was described with the syringe. I was never aware of the numbers but 54% is pretty good. I think the one poster brings up a good point especially those that take films that have sores or trouble taking them. I have also heard of some being allergic to the artificial sweetner in suboxone.

Thanks to the poster who gave a step by step recipie for doing this. We all know that this is expensive medicine and if someone has to do this at least they have a way of doing it that will give them the best results. I found this very interesting.

Jim

Post subject: agree with caveat
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:45 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I totally agree with ReRaise....with one caveat...that anyone doing this talk to their sub dr first. I also agree with the poster who said that this is addict behavior. It can be. But if there is a reason to administer Sub rectally then I like that there is a successful way of doing it posted.

As I've said ad nauseum....talk to your Sub dr. If they agree then at least you are following his/her order and not your own. To me it is more recovery based. My opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Previously, I have avoided this topic like plague. But i have to ask, how does this method work when probably the #1 side effect of the med is constipation? I have to believe that "plugging" and constipation are not a good mix.
:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just tried this for the first time. My girlfriend actually volunteered to administer it for me. (she has this weird obsession with my bum lol.) I think I put a little too much water as it wasn't pastey. Hopefully it works the same. I just did this like 5 minutes ago. I'm still laying on my side typing this haha. I'll report back with my results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

TimBesus wrote:
My girlfriend actually volunteered to administer it for me. (she has this weird obsession with my bum lol.)

:lol:

This reminds me of my ex-partner. She had a weird fixation on the asshole. Maybe it was about revenge?

I haven't considered sticking Sub up my bum and I find the concept a bit funny to be honest. I like to keep down there a one-way-street. I guess we're fortunate in my country that we don't have to pay more for higher doses, so bioavailability ain't much of an issue. But you guys obviously need more "bang for your buck".

Something about it reminds me of that scene from Trainspotting, the Worst Toilet in Scotland. Youtube if you dare. Moral of the story? Go to the toilet before placement of any suppository... unless you want to go fishing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ahh man. Doesn't seem worth it lol.

Just mix with high proof alcohol for better bioavailability.

That scene is trainspotting is horrifying. Almost as scary as the dead baby crawling on the ceiling during his wd lol.

If you liked that movie, watch Reindeer Spotting on Netflix. It's about finnish subutex abusers. Pretty interesting documentary.

Also. There is a new documentary coming out soon about Oceana, WV called Oxyana. Can't wait to see that one.

Hmm.

There is a new Tribeca movie released next month called How To Make Money Selling Drugs. It's about users, addicts, dealers, and the flipside... Like the government, law enforcement, prisons, ect and how they are just as fucked up and want addicts to get to use drugs.

Lastly.

There is a movie that's now on Netflix about the writer of Alf and his heroin addiction. Really interesting watch. Especially because the actor that plays a horrible opiate junkie is a young Ben Stiller lololol.

Post subject: Re: First time plugger!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:17 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm thinking this is one idea you can just shove where the sun don't shine.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:39 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Ok so yea it sounds icky but I have to say it def absorbs the medication better,I only take about 3 mgs a day 1.5 in morn and 1.5 in afternoon..........I use the strips for the most part because subutex is harder to come by and im not in a program at the moment.But yea just wanted to add this way def works better and it's really not that big a deal lol. :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

darkgypsy52475
How fortuitous, just today I talked to a patient about doing this: took awhile before they could wrap their mind around it. He had a pretty severe Herpes outbreak and wasn't getting absorption. He had really ramped up his dose and was at wits end. Will see how he does....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:21 pm 

So, as a doctor, you are OK with your patient trying this? You actually suggested this method? He was having a herpes outbreak on the inside of his mouth? Would you ever suggest dosing vaginally for the same reason?

Another question, why wouldn't you suggest dosing nasally? Are you worried that any dosing method other than sublingually might lead down a slippery slope toward addict behavior? Apparently grapefruit juice can help with the absorption of buprenorphine. Have you ever recommended that to a patient?

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm trying to bust your chops because I'm actually not. I'm just curious. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

He was having a herpes outbreak on the inside of his mouth?
Think canker sours, but about 20 of them.
I went to this as a form of harm reduction: the patient was on the verge of returning to DOC so it could be injected. Once we get the outbreak cleared up will recommend they go back to the usual. I have not considered or recommended nasal or vaginal routes.

Are you worried that any dosing method other than sublingually might lead down a slippery slope toward addict behavior? Yes, I do.
Apparently grapefruit juice can help with the absorption of buprenorphine. Have you ever recommended that to a patient? No, I haven't.
Grapefruit juice may allow reduction of dosage, but what if they don't drink it one day? Whatever method is done it needs to be consistent, day to day so there is minimal change in blood levels. I think it is the quest for a 'better' way may lead to 'addict' behavior. My goal is to dose and forget about it until the next dose tomorrow.
Thanks for asking for clarification, hard to dialogue this way. I'm just not as good a writer as Dr. J and able to cover or anticipate the questions that will come up from my posts. Practice makes better, I hope.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:08 pm 

Thanks! That answered all of my questions and I understand your recommendation to your patient. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:28 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

NO disrespect to the person who started this WHATSOEVER, I'm mostly just curious here...

I might be looking at this the wrong way and/or am overly sensitive, but this topic makes me uncomfortable. I feel like this is on the verge of addictive behavior, just as it would be to inject(yikes) or snort your medication. Not just because you're technically 'not following the directions' to take it orally, but this seems like a REALLY extreme method to resort to. What's the point? I would expect this from people who abuse Suboxone/trying to get high from it, but not from those in recovery who are trying to remove any addictive behaviors.

Thoughts?

"He will cover you with his feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge" - Psalm 91:4
–Robert Green Ingersoll

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:43 pm 

Chrystal, you are right on the money. I had thought and said the same thing years ago when another one of these popped up. It's a delicate subject but we mods agreed to leave it alone for now. Just skip by it in the future as I normally do.

Docm, I do want to say how grateful we are that you take the time to post here. The more professional opinions we get the better.

Your posting here is very much appreciated. At least by me.

rule

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks Rule,
Yes, Crystal I had the same thoughts and concerns as you and it was a lengthy part of our discussion and planning regarding relapse prevention. I do not advocate for or recommend it in general.
PAX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:10 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm taking 3 Suboxone films per day. I'm just curious about plugging and I have a really high tolerance lately I been getting cravings and drug dreams, so I looked this up now I'm curious. I got an eyedropper not syringe so how do I do that? I was going to take my nighttime dose that 12mgs but don't get no feeling like at all so figured that might make it a lot stronger but don't want to overdose either please help and need guidance and direction's. I tried the eye dropper in my anus I wasn't sure which way to lay down while inserting it, so at first I laid on my left side, but it was leaking out and it was hard to get it to stay out of the eyedropper. Then i tried sitting doggy style I had better results with that but the three was still bupe in the dropper. What should do I know I wasted alot it was dripping down my legs and around my butt. Please help me.

Last edited by JMArsenault1982 on Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:29 pm 

Go to the top of the page and read. The 2nd post up there will give you the information you want.

Good luck.
Does your Dr think this is a good idea for you to do?
Why dont don't you just ask him for more sub?