It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: first time here
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:24 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hoping to find support and maybe give some...I've been taking Suboxone for a little over 2 years(8mg) and feel well.I see my MD every month and feeling the pressure to wean off. I'm doing so well with this medication, feeling the best I've been in years and don't want to change anything. Although the meds are expensive(I'm uninsured) I manage to pay for my Rx.I don't think my doctor really understands as he does not have the disease of addiction.I'm much older than most of his patients and I think the expectation is that I should "know better".I realize how hard it was to find a doctor that treats addiction and stress at the thought of finding a new MD.I've also stopped going to meetings:as soon as I talked about Suboxone, I felt like an outsider...wonder if there are meetings for those of us in treatment and on medication???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome! There was a really good post in the stopping suboxone forum titled Who? Why? and Then what? or something to that effect. I thought it was very good and very helpful.

You have to make whatever decision is best for you. I certainly wish I would have really explored the options and what was best for me before going off of it so it is great you are here.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:51 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

welcome!

I wrote the post, who, why and then what in the stopping suboxone section - thanks for the praise - Im glad it helped someone! You DO know better, so trust yourself - if you are thriving and doing well on your sub, stay on it, and kindly ask your dr who is pressuring you to wean to recommend you to a sub doc who supports your long term use as a proacctive measure to live a successful life in recovery. regarding cost, will he switch you to subutex? I am on the generic subutex and at walgreens, you can pay for a discount presription card which is 20 dollars but saves me about 40 each time - I pay about 40 dollars for 15 pills... if I can help, let me know!

mw