It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Do you keep a maintance dose of 6 mgs or lower?
Poll ended at Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:34 pm
yes 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
no 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 4
 Post subject: My first epic post
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:34 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

lil bitta bout meh self

For the past 2 months (graduated college and got a call from friend in jail) I have been really serious with my soboxone maintance. I was able to get to a 6 mg maintance dose rather quickly as I always liked to keep my suboxone less than 12 mg a day even when im coming off a long binge of 90 30 mg ocs and NJ street herion (from nj). Whenever I fucked up I always started at 12 and within 2 weeks I keep myself at 4-6 mgs, in the past I used to come off subs every 2 weeks or so and go on a binge for a week sometimes 2.

I have now developed a new way to come with the intense cravings of getting fucked up when maintaining a low level maintance dose. Insteada getting high like I used to I will just take either half or a whole 8 mg strip all at once and I feel pretty decent especailly with even just .5 of klonopin or xanax or another benzo. I get prescribed .5 klonipin once a day now so i try to take it at night to make it eaiser to go to sleep.

When I first started with this doc 14 months ago, I explained to him how I used to take an excess of 12 mg of xanax per day and anywhere from 900 mg of oxycodone a day, and the days I couldnt get my pills I would drivve to Paterson and spend my usual pill money on dope and end up getting ovver 20 bundles. and I would averahe 6 bundles a day because I was doing 1 gram main lines of that good 80 percent pure jersey shit.

He had me on 2 8 mg strips a day at first and the most xanax he would givve me was 3 mgs daily (90 footballs) so needless to say I needed to stay in touch with drug dealers to get the proper weaning amount of xanax. I tried 3 mgs the first day and almost had a seizure and when I callled him to tell him he thought I was lieing and told me "in no case do I ever write out 2 mg xanax, that just sounds like a death sentence" Doctors have to relize that we were mixxing this shit with way higher than medical doses, and that we can handle suboxone and benzo mix (I had the sub doctor I went to for help deny me because they said I was a "poly drug dependant person and treating anyone with that combonation of medications and thats particular doctor actually insisted that suboxone was not for addicts, it was only for people who are dependant. Shows how dumb the doctor is.

I am so lucky I live in North Jersey and there are so many suboxone doctors that they are more disposable to me than I am to them, but there area also a lot of opiate adicts in North Jersey because of the areas ultra potent herion, but very few doctors have ever had waiting lists in my expirence. So wheather ur an active addict or recoverying addict Jersey is a good place. 4$ bags of dope and suboxone doctors on every other corner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi KindaSorda - thanks for sharing your story. I answered your poll, but I'm on a higher dose - for now - more than 6 mg. For the past 3.5 years I've been on high dose bupe for pain control. My doc prescribes me 16-24 mg (8 mg, 2-3 times per day), although I rarely take that third tablet. Sub for pain is used in varying doses according to the individual's needs, but I've always needed to stick with doses of 8 mg . Whenever I've tried to taper down to doses of only 4 mg, my pain shoots up. So if I ever plan to go off suboxone (which I've actually been thinking about for the first time lately), it'll be a life of much increased chronic pain for me, because my condition is not curable and barely treatable. Much to think about...

I also wanted to welcome you to the forum and apologize for your post going unanswered. Sometimes they do slip through the cracks. Hope you stick around! :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.