It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:52 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I have never really been a long term addict but have gone on occasional heroin benders over the last 5 years or so. My opioid tolerance is fairly low but after the last bender i thought i might need suboxone to help me quit. I took a tiny tiny dose of H on tuesday morning as it was the last of my stash and then waited till wednesday a full 24 hrs later and dosed about 1mg of suboxone. I felt pretty good and had a very productive day. The next morning I was not feeling good and immediately took another approximately 1mg dose. I did not feel any positive effects, instead I got very sick with withdrawal symptoms and couldnt even hold liquids down. I didnt eat all day. I laid in bed for 8 hrs till I had to go to work and after about 2hrs of work I began to feel mostly normal and was able to eat.

I'm afraid to take any more tomorrow. Should I have waited longer for the second dose? Why did I start to feel normal 10 hours after the dose but sick as hell before that? Should I take more or less? I don't have a doctor as I don't really trust them, nor do I have medical insurance. I know trying to figure out the ideal schedule for something like this by myself is kinda stupid, I'm just trying to use something less harmful than h, until I can stop completely. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edit** Also should I have posted this in a different sub forum, like dosing or something?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi mildyinsane

Welcome to the forum. Your post is fine here. There seems to be many on vacation right now. I have no idea why the 2nd dose reacted that way. You are far enough away now from last H dose that you should be fine to take more sub.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:40 am 

Hello Mildly, welcome.

Waiting 24hrs before ur first dose was good. How long did u wait from ur first dose to ur second dose? I agree with Tiki that all the H is well out of ur system and that's not why u got sick. 1 mg is a pretty good dose since u said ur tolerance is low. Ur tolerance being low is the only thing I can think of as to why u got sick. It doesn't make sense that u didn't get sick on ur first dose though. My advice to u would be to keep taking ur 1 mg every day at the same time. Sometimes it takes just a bit for ur body to get used to suboxone. Once u get used to it, it'll become normal. Make sure that the 1 mg stops any cravings u have and u have no withdrawal symptoms.

I hope it works out for u, suboxone is a blessing and getting ur body used to sub is definitely worth it instead of going bk out to H. Keep us posted and good luck.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:39 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks for the prompt replies. This seems like a good place to get help and advice.

My second dose was about 23hrs after the first one, but i took it immediately on waking up. Should i haave got some food in my stomach before using it? Does anyone else get nausea from doing it right upon waking up? I just used a small apx 1mg dose under the tounge like you are supposed to. I do have some issues with nausea regardless of drug use, but the subs yesterday was much worse than just nausea.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi there. This seems really strange. I would have thought if it was going to happen it would have been the first time. I would go ahead and try again, should be fine. Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:02 pm 

The other possibility is that your tolerance is a little higher than you think and 1 mg is not enough to keep the withdrawals away. The only way to be sure is to dose again. If the 1 mg makes you feel terrible within a half hour it's precipitated withdrawal. If 1 mg makes you feel a little bit better for even a little while then you might need to up your dose of sub. I am under the impression that heroin is longer acting than, for example, the percocet that I was on. My doctor had me wait around 60 hours before induction on sub and I still felt maybe 20 minutes of precipitated withdrawal that evening. It was a little weird, but it happened.

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:36 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

It seems like taking a little more, works for me. And I decided not to take it first thing in the morning either. I haven't had a problem with it since. Things seem to be going smoothly.

Again, thanks for the replies everyone.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:36 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm glad you have sorted it out. Good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sounds like the 1 mg dose was not high enough to displace heroin from receptors and the second dose DID displace them In case of precipitated withdrawal, my patients have done the best if I quickly got them on a full dose. In those cases there may some withdrawal for 12 hours or so-- but as long as you avoid opioids, you should be fine within 24 yours.