It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:51 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Greetings all. Kudos to the doc and all the Mods. I think this is a great forum. A god send, actually. I have so many questions and concerns being a new Buprenorphine consumer. Its awesome there is a place like this to go for info, help AND to read success stories. I noted something as I drove away from the doc's office after my first 2 mg dose. I was F'd up! (lightweight?) Just a reminder as I saw another related thread. In Wisconsin and most other states, to my knowledge, if you operate a motor vehicle while impaired, even if the medication is legal and prescribed, you are violating the law. It is the same as driving drunk or high. There is much confusion on this subject. I will be more than happy to answer any legal questions as I lived a former life with much experience with these matters. I just wanted to mention that because of some misinformation I saw on that other thread. I surely did not join this forum to preach. I am here to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Cop4mer

Welcome to the forum! Lots of good people here. Any questions you have just ask away.

Many of us have that initial "buzzed" feeling but it goes away pretty quickly.

I live in NY and it's the "law" here now that buzzed driving even with a valid prescription is against the law. I am not sure how i feel about this new "law". First of all it's not a law. It's a piggyback to drunk driving. Anyway, enough of my rant :D

Do you want to tell us a bit more about your situation? Do you feel better today?

Again, Welcome to the forum!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:22 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ah... you wouldn't happen to be a 4mercop would you? lol
Did I win? I'll take door #3!
Just joking with you and Welcome to the forum?

Yes, I got a buzz too when I first started taking it.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:00 pm 

Well, I think you guys are weird! (JK) Seriously though, when I was inducted all I felt was normal. By normal I mean the regular every day feeling of not being an addict. I didn't get into pain meds until I was in my 30s and for a long time my use/abuse was sporadic. So I certainly remembered what it felt like to feel "normal".

I'm learning so much in my psychopharmacology class! There are two terms that are important when understanding how drugs interact with our bodies:

Pharmacokinetics - includes the absorption, distribution, metabolism, and elimination of a drug.

Pharmacodynamics - the study of how drugs act in the body at receptor sites.

Do you know how many things can influence both of these terms? Age, genetics, metabolism, half-life of the drug, and the list goes on.

It would actually be stranger if everyone reacted in the same way to their first dose of bupe. Cray cray! (And that's a technical term! Lol!

Amy