It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

moto: Just remember when someone starts suboxone, they are also - and more importantly - stopping active addiction. And doing that can affect so many things, especially emotional and psychological. Anyone that I recall who had trouble at or shortly after induction all have leveled out and are stable now. Just remember, there are lots of things are happening during that transition and it's a very hard time for any person (addict).

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:18 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Moto..... congratulations on giving this a try. What you heard about xanax is true. Very addictive and much more serious withdrawals. I also abused this for a while (of course).... doc was giving me 90 of the 1mg ones every month @3 a day allowed. This is a very high dose. Idtake em wth the oxy to enhance the effects. Not smart as i didnt think they're as bad as what i was already doing. Until i tried to stop.... went in to severe panic attacks until i took a dose. Since then ive weaned off it (over a year) and only take whn i need it. Not hard to wean as it never made me high or anything so i took. 25 less every 2 month till it was over. So if you do go on xanax just be careful with it..... far worse than Opiates in my opinion. This board is great and hasso much info...... i think i now know more about sub than my doctor.

Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I could swear that when I was researching sub on the web and looking at the study details and whatnot that anxiety was a potential side effect of the sub. I don't feel like going back and finding it, but I am pretty sure it can cause some level of anxiety in some people.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

*MotoMonkey* When I started Suboxone it gave me back my life, my happiness, it saved my marriage and best of all it gave me hope. Like anything else you have to do most of the work like avoiding temptations, and making sure to take your meds correctly and going to meetings or seeing acouncelor but since ive been on the Suboxone my Anxiety issues along with my OCD and PTSD have become more than managable. And my anxiety has seem to become much more manageable since ive started the Suboxone than when i was on Xanax or Ativan or the Klonopins or the anti depressants because i feel like the Suboxone helps me focus better and stabalizes my mood. So just my opinion Suboxone is absolutely amaing and definately worth taking the chance. I feel that Suboxone far outways any other treatment plan like methadone that i was on, and it really makes me feel like im in recovery where as the Methadone just made me feel like i was just taking a different narcotic. On the Suboxone I have control of my brain its crystal clear and i can make important decisions without the anxiety making me feel like someones pushin my head under water constantly...hope this helped