It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

How many people use marijuana for opiate WD?
Poll ended at Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:10 pm
Most people / Some people / Rarely used / Not used at all. 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Love the tuff, and helps you greatly with your addiction. As its been proven to do. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So...guys. I've been on subxone for about 4 years now, methadone before that, and then heroin before that, and then heroin in between the methadone and suboxone(relapse, but thats part of recovery) But my one year clean date was the 19th of this month. Anyway I've tapered won to between .5 and .8mgs a day. Liquid taper mehtod. But my liquid was vodka,. Alcohol gives Bupe a higher BA, so i can make my doses last much longer. Taking .5 og a mg dissolved in vodka, is like taking 1mg really. But it's not. It just is more biologically active, producing more of an effect for less of a dose. I've got my valium, got my chlonodine(something I;ve been finding out alot about. I see why it's such a good opiate detox drug, used for anxiety/panis disorders, makes you tired and thats a godsend in itself when you are up tossing and turing in bed all night. So, wish me luck guys. any tips would be appreciated. I also have some good vitimans and I WILL be getting some excersize. I plan to ride my bike alot, as i do that anyway, I enjoy it. Sitting on the couch dwelling on how unmotivated and drained of energy you are. Thanks for listening. :)

Oh and one last thing. I've found pot to be a brilliant WD remedy. It puts me in the stateof mind to where using again is absolutly absurd. Even when I was doing heroin daily, I could never afford weed obviously, all my money went to dope. But the few times i did get to smoke when i was ding dope. it would throw me into this pit of remorse and regret. Thinking to myself WHAT IN GOD NAME AM I DOING HERE, SHOOTING DOPE INTO MY VEINS, OMG.!?" YOU KNOW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:50 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Sounds like you have some great things lined up to keep you busy/feeling ok during your jump, and are jumping from a great dose! I'd like to know how you do this week. Good luck! About the weed thing, I think your reasoning sounds good. Weed usually gives (me anyways) a "Lightbulb" moment of realization (and of course feels like the biggest epiphany you've ever had in your life lol), so it could be good. Personally though, I would never ever use weed again no matter what, but that's because I was smoking weed multiple times a day for years (not sure if you call that addicted or what.. I can at least say I "relied" on it for fun, and to make me happy, and to escape the world that stresses me, and also a reason to get together with friends, party, get out of the house, even get motivated to go to work and school), and the only thing that got me to stop was when I replaced it with opiate usage. I stopped weed cold turkey when I started heroin. Never ever again smoked it (except when desperate for sleep after coke binges). Well anyways, I just know that if I got one hit I'd want to do it all the time, and really, for me anyways, my life is so much better as an opiate addict versus a pothead. I was so stupid back then! I never wanted to do anything, and had such a distorted look on life. I was the laziest person ever. I would even steal (only twice -- small items), and lie, and not do my homework, or not do things at work, because I just could not see anything wrong with it. I had a totally different personality, and took stupid risks all the time that sometimes got me in trouble. Once I started doing opiates, I had motivation to do so much more, and I could study better, my grades when from C's and D's to straight As. This is just me of course (and I am NOT saying that the opiates are what made my life good... I know deep down that I can accomplish even more without the opiates, which is why I am also trying to quit--- so do NOT think that you should stay on opiates because they will help you, and do not let this post make you think opiates will make you motivated because I know that I could study and faster and be even more proactive if I wasn't tired/relaxed all the time from opiates).

So if you are anything like what I described above, I would say don't use weed if you think you're going to end up wanted to smoke it all the time (unless you choose that lifestyle), but if you know you can just smoke it a few times and forget about it, then go for it.

I hope your days are smooth for you, and please post how you are doing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The thing is, you're using pot in an abusive way. You should not rely on it for anything at all, unless it's a medical condition. Or recreation.Don't think "oh I can't do normal things eith pot. because thats absurd, pot does not make anyone do that. It's their personality itself.
It's all baout hoew you use pot. it can be abused like anything else. Cheeseburgers, coffee, alcohol, the big one. It's about moderation and respect for the plant. Excuse the typos my keyboard is in an odd position.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Cutty, glad to see you back.

It looks like your last dose of Suboxone was .5mg (about 1mg worth with the Vodka)? That's a pretty low dose and I'm guessing your wd shouldn't be too bad.

It looks like you have your comfort meds lined up, that's good. Valium (short term) will help a lot. Clonidine helped me quite a lot during my wd. A good multivitamin can help you too.

That's good that you're not going to be sitting around on the couch dwelling on how crappy you feel. Exercise will be a great way for you to keep your mind off things. Also, the exercise doesn't need to be too strenuous at first, just something to keep your mind occupied.

I never used pot during my wd. I would have ended up abusing it like I did before. Others on this forum who have quit Suboxone used pot with varying degrees of success.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:05 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Man, you guys are the shit on this fourm, thats why I had t come back when I made my jump. Thanks so much for your concern. But yeah, I smoke weed everyday, have for about 11years. Wont stop, I find it enhances many aspect of my life. However, it must be respected and used responisibly. You cannot rely on it. Thats what it becomes and abuse relationship with the drug. So., thats my take. Not every recovering addict needs to smoke weed, that high could be a trigger of course. But for me it's an anti-drug. And shrooms are the same deal I just described with pot, just 1000X more profound. Three good tips and my strong desirre to get
clean are what gave my 2/12 years of sobriety. But this was a few years ago, it's just an exampe of how certain psycedellics, can work WONDERS for addiction. I'm sure we all know aboit Ibogain. But it won't magically cure you, you have to have the correct mindset, and want it to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

9t day off. Feeling okay. Benzos are a godsend with opiate WD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:24 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I tapered down really fast to .5 and today is my second day without suboxone and I actually feel completely fine..

Imodium helps wonders.. I took between 16-24MG yesterday which was my first day off and that helped a ton. And when I go to sleep I toss and turn a bit, but I take ZZZquil and some Imodium and I can fall asleep..

Good luck. Buy some Imodium I'm telling you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Dude, day 2 ai't shit./ That subsoxoe is still very much in your system, you won't start the mild withdrawl untill maybe day 8-10, so don't fool yourself, thenm when it hit you you were not prepared, askyour doc for some meds man. nd eat good. Also, you tapered down waaay too last, I have my body a month to adjust to the .5 i was taking before I stopped.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Anothjer thing is that immodium is an opiate, foro your receptors in your gut, believeme, I had to take it for the first 2 eeks eveyday too, but that shit is not good for you either, so you hve to quit tking it eventually. and taking that much is stupid s hel, wht are the? 1? 2?mgs pills? You'll just prolong your suboxone WD if you kreep eating some many of those things.