It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:37 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Today marks day#7 off Percs and on Sub.... I was getting so sick and tired of them makin me feel like a space cadet, I decided ony own (witj.a little help fromy friends on this forum) to cut the films in half so instead of 8Mg twice a day.its now 4 Mg twicr a day... After 2.days simce the.decrease I actually feel better.. My eyes are less.blurry, hardly Any headache and all around more awake... I actually finally feel there ia a lifht on the emd of the tunnel and I will get my life back

7DAYS AND COUNTING.................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think a lot of people, and too many doctors, really don't understand just how powerful a drug Suboxone is. So many people get put on way too high a dose at induction and they feel like you did. For me, I enjoyed the space cadet (lol) feeling while I was on Suboxone and ended up pushing my tolerance sky high, only to have to pay dearly when it came time to jump off of Suboxone.

I'm glad you lowered your dose and I'm glad you're feeling better!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:22 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I've been following your posts and really hoping you'd start feeling better soon. Glad that its happenning for you now!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

just my opinion so take it for what its worth but i'd be pretty confident in saying that you could probably just take the 4mg in the morning and skip the second dose. I haven't dosed 2 times a day yet and don't feel I have to. The drug has such a long half life its still in my system working the next morning. I'm a big guy and 4mg once a day is bordering on too much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Romeo... I appreciate ur kimd words... If I can ask how lomg u.were.on sub proor to getting off.??? And how did.u do it?? Oh amd love the Cornholio avatar!!! Lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Dicespin!! I waz scared but now so glad I leaped... Tjere actially was a net right there.. Now I reAlly want off the subs... But I have.to be patient I guess to avoid relapse.. Thamx for ur support! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:51 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey canuck thanks for the advice... I was thinking of dosing once a day...maybe ill try next week... I assume the more I taper tje.easoer amd faster ill be.off subs... People arounde..have.actually tolde I seem happier and more organized lately... I almost just about feel back to the old me who got lost over 12 yrs ago!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
For me, I enjoyed the space cadet (lol) feeling while I was on Suboxone and ended up pushing my tolerance sky high, only to have to pay dearly when it came time to jump off of Suboxone.

I liked the space cadet feeling too...anything but feeling normal. :shock: I was even sad when it was gone after a couple days. But that's the point of subs, and I got used to feeling "normal", thank goodness!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I forgot what normal feels like.. still feel a tiny bit drugged crom the subs ....I am actually cleaning the house and keeping things neat.. I truly never realized just how much of my life I wastrd worrying where I will get my next perc rx ....plotting out the days ahead of time so I dont run out and tjinking how I will get the money for the rx... Only brand name percs for me at $450 a pop...what a piece of shit I was...sorry for the language

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey asiablue1,

I am Cornholio, are you threatening me? LOL!!!

I was so glad when Mike Judge decided to resurrect Beavis and Butthead last year. I know Beavis and Butthead aren't for everybody, but they sure make me laugh my ass off!!

OK, I took Suboxone for almost 3 years before I got off it. Prior to Suboxone, I had a 10 year pain pill addiction and because of that, my head was pretty far up my ass. It took me 3 years on Suboxone and working with an addiction counselor before I knew I was ready to be completely drug free.

Hmmm, how did I get off Suboxone, you ask.....the hard way. I tried to taper a few times and always ended up buggering up my taper. I eventually set a quit date, June 4th/2010, and just jumped. A few days before my quit date, I tried lowering my dose from the 12mg I was taking. I think my last dose was around 5mg, but for all intents and purposes, my blood concentration of Suboxone was probably around the 8mg mark? However you slice it, I jumped from a decently high dose and got smacked hard by wd. Even though my wd's were pretty harsh, I refused to give in and I just kept on holding on and never gave up hope that I would one day feel good again.

There's no doubt in my mind, Suboxone helped me to get where I am today. I had tried time and again to quit opiates before, but never made it more than a month. I'm thankful for my time on Suboxone, but I'm sure glad to not be on it anymore too!!

I hope you have great success with your treatment!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:34 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Lol... Bevis and Butthead are.awesome!! Comgrats on getting off the subs ..my doc thinks I sgould b on them at least 6 months before I even think of tapering... Guess he knows best.. Im very blessed my insurance covers the sub film I only pay $30.... Im off the percs 10 days today and im happy as hell but I really cant,say "i'm clean "until i'm off the subs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The transition can be a PITA, but once you get stable it's really pretty amazing how fast bupe takes you from feeling like a druggy to a normal person. The stuff is pretty amazing in that regard. As others have said above, typically 'less is more' with subs, after the first week or so personally I rec'd trying to get down to 4mg as quick as possible ... it's not usually that hard to do, either. I find I feel my 'best' on 2-4mg, personally.