It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi. I started Subs today, my doc said to take one 8mg a day. If I felt like I needed to I could try another 12 hrs later. But I took it at 11:30am and I feel cravings coming on and I'm getting weak which happens when I'm starting to withdrawal. Would it be ok to take a little price of one now to hold me for the night? Not sure what to do, don't wanna hurt myself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

hey! how are you feeling now? hopefully a mod will come by with some good advice all i can tell u is what i did. But first ask yourself is it really a craving or just a habit to take something again, other than weakness are u having any other symptoms. i was started at 2 films a day went to 1 due to my anxiety but that didnt cut it so my doc put me back up to 2 day and allowed my anxiety meds and so far that has worked for me. if you feel withdrawls really coming on make sure to call your doc in the morning maybe they can adjust your dose. let me know how you do..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You really should speak to your doctor, as he or she is better suited to answer this than strangers on the Internet. Message boards are good for hearing about others' experiences, but some things you should only ask your doctor about. I was very confused when I started, and I let my doctor know ahead of time that I'd probably be calling with questions, and sure enough, I did.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Cravings
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:15 pm 

RedVelvet,

Did your doctor authorize you to take more than the 8mgs? If so, then I would go ahead and take maybe a half of one. That should stop the cravings. If not, don't do it or you'll run out early and the doctor won't like that as it will look like you are abusing the Suboxone.

You will need to discuss this with your Sub doctor as it seems you need to up your dose a bit. But please keep in mind that even though you have the craving, it won't do any good to use as Suboxone has taken up residence on your receptors and doesn't allow any others access. Meaning you won't feel any other drugs unless you either stop the Sub for several days or take so much you risk death. Please don't do either.

The best part of being on Suboxone is knowing that even if I take some Norco's or Oxy's, I won't feel them. Some here may disagree with that so I can only talk for myself. But why would I take something if it does no good? Try to think in those terms until you see your Dr. again.

Hang in there, a craving won't last all that long anyway.

Rule