It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:03 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey guys I'm new year. Started suboxone treatment today and just wanted to post about my progress and recieve any advice :)

I've been on opiates (roxy,oxy,hyrdo,etc) for almost 5 years. At at my worst i was snorting up to 300mg of roxy a day. My habit this year hasn't been as bad due to financial issues. I've been on 30-150mg of oxy a day (oral or snorted) I'm sick of having no money, no life, withdrawing, being worried about if I can function etc.

Today I had my first appt with a sub doc. Yesterday I took 40mg of oxy with my last dose being 15mg oral and 7.5 snorted at 8:30pm. My appoint was at 1pm. Everything went well and I recieved a script for 8mg films. I was given instructions to induct myself, although I was so scared of precipitated WD. I followed docs orders. First dose 1/2 strip (4mg) at 4:30 pm. 20 hours after my last opiates. About 30 mins later my WDs dissapeared. About an hour later I felt normal for the first time in forever. I took my next does as instructed at 6:30 pm. Another half strip or 4mg. I felt slightlt nauseous, but it went away. I felt extremely euphoric. It felt like i had just taken a bunch of oxy. I couldnt believe i had energy, no withdrawals, was happy, and was not on pills. It is now almost midnight. I still have a bit of energy. Slight waves of drowsiness, but still no withdrawal. Why didnt i try this sooner? Im supposed to take a full film or 8mg in the am followed by a half film or 4mg 2 hours after. Giving me a full dose of 12mg for day 2. Day 3 I am instructed to take a full film or 8mg in the am followed by another 8mg full 2 hours later for a total of 16mg. Im instructed to stay on the 16mg til next wed when I go back to report to the doc.
After only doing 8mg today Im a little nervous how i will feel on day three with 16mg. Any comments, experience or suggestions appreciated!
Overall Im extremely happy atm and excited to start my journey!
Also the doc mentioned being on subs for at least a year. This is one thing i dont agree with. I would love to be off subs in 3-6 months if possible. Again, an advice welcome!!

-britt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:17 am 

Congratulations Britt, and welcome! It's great that you are using suboxone as a tool in your recovery!

It is being proven in study after study that going off suboxone within a years time leads right back into abusing your drug of choice. I'm sorry, but that is what the evidence is showing.

Give yourself time to adjust and use it to create stability in your life. That's the best advice I can give you.

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:31 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks for your reply Amy!

Im seeing that with the more research I do. I guess I just dont want to be dependent on any substance including subs. But one day at a time. Going to listen to the docs for sure. They are the experts.

As far as the dosing, do you think it was a bit high? I felt guilty feeling "high" today just off 8mg. Im nervous on what 16 will do.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:09 am 

If 8mg is keeping the withdrawals and the cravings away, you probably do not need to go all the way to 16mg. Keep in tune with your body and talk to your doctor about your dose.

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Britt! Welcome!!