It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Amazing drug
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have been on Suboxone now since October 2008, and it has literally SAVED MY LIFE. I was a chronic methadone user, taking 100 MG a day for 4 years. By the time I found Suboxone (or rather, it found me....Another story), I was living on the streets and was at the end of my rope...I was so skeptical that there was a drug out there that could actually eliminate my withdrawals and make me feel "normal." But, by that time, i was so, so, so extremely hopeful..hope is all I had. All I could do was hope that this would work, cause I had no other options. For those 2 weeks leading up to my induction day, I convinced and convinced myself it was going to work; I mean, it literally HAD to work..It just had to. It HAD TO. I had no other options.

The first week of Suboxone was not nearly as awesome as I was led to believe it was. I also could NOT sleep, my appetite wasn't "normal", and I just didn't feel completely normal...I was however, not really experiencing the HORRIBLE HORRIBLE withdrawal I would with methadone. However, after 2 weeks, most of those symptoms were gone, and after a month, my sleeping was back to PERFECT. I had to develop an exact schedule for taking my Suboxone. If i took a dose too far from bed time, I couldn't sleep...and if I took a dose too close to bed, I couldn't sleep..So, after some trial and error, I found what worked right for me. However, now, more than 2 years clean...I can really take it at any time and be just fine. It took 1 month for me to finally pass a piss test clean off methadone....Gosh, even now writing this, I can literally send me mind back to the way it felt during that hell....I have to say, I am so so thankful. I can sit here and smile! Such a burden has been lifted. I am actually an honest, law-abiding citzen now with good morals and dignity.

My point is: It just takes a bit for your body to adjust to the Suboxone, but once it does...you feel so NORMAL. I just never thought it was possible. Suboxone IS a MIRACLE drug. It has saved my life in every way shape and form. I feel so incredibly thankful to have this second lease on life. As far as some people saying Suboxone makes them high, I still have not been able to understand it; it has *never* made me high in any way shape or form....Just, so, so normal. It's kind of like I have all the good things opiates did for me (mood, energy), but without the euphoria, and negative side effects.

Honestly, I think my previous life literally traumatized me....Every few weeks I wake up in a deep sweat from having a nightmare of still being addicted to methadone, not being able to find my fix, begging for money on the street, sleeping outside, thinking to myself "I hate this, I hate this, I hate this...." And, you know, in my dream just FEELING that horrible feeling you feel when you are going through it in real life. When I wake up, the WHOLE next day I thank God so many times and feel relieved all day long that part of my life is OVER. I know that might sound stupid, but I really think my previous traumatized me......Ok that sound stupid, I know....lol.

Anyways, I am a rambler.....Good luck in your recovery.