It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:44 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey there I have been struggling with opiate addiction since I was 16. First I was using HydromorphContin and was using rougly 270 6mg capsules per month. I had moved away from the city I was in, and was clean for nine months. But alas, when I returned I fell back into this. I had never significantly learned as to why abusing opiates is a negative thing for me.

Since about April '12, I had gone to a 7 day detox program to get off heroin, I had unintentionally tapered myself down low enough to avoid all withdrawals except some minor sleep issues and aches and pains at the end of the day. My mood was better than it had been in years. I started hanging out with some older friends, and handled it well at the beginning, but then I met this great girl who was in the exact spot as me. We ended up seeing each other and I loved her, for real. For some reason we let drugs come into play, except this time it was heroin + cocaine (mixed together and IV'd). This shattered.

We both knew we had to fix ourselves, we ended up breaking up in July, but still spoke with each other everyday multiple times a day. There was a chance of us reuniting.. Anyways she left town to sort her stuff out, I stayed, eventually moved outta town. Things were going well, but had no finances and was forced to move back into town. Relapsed, and this is where I've been the last couple months.

I had pretty much conquered all heroin withdrawals and mental cravings, but a new friend who came into play broke me down and I used again (don't get me wrong, I do not blame anyone but myself for where I've gotten myself into). I wanted so bad to have a nice birthday so I started methadone. Was on from 20mg at the lowest to 45mg at the highest. No dose would work for me, the side effects were worse than withdrawal.

My last dose of methadone was at 8:30am, January 22nd. I had been using heroin to escape the methadone withdrawals. The last time I used heroin was last Wednesday (4 1/2 days ago) and took my first 2mg sub at 11:00am yesterday (Friday morning), and another 2mg sub an hour later.

I felt the 2mg sub helped immensely, I mentioned to the doctor I felt dandy, slight back cramps but otherwise nothing. My mood was pleasurable and I had energy. He gave me 2mg more even so and I felt that may have been a too much too close together.

Basically this was in introduction, but would it be possible to get some advice on dosage timings, specific dosages that worked for people? From what I felt today, I feel taking 2mg in the morning and 2mg at night would be much more effective than 4mg all at once (basically). I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow so that shouldn't be a problem.

My intentions is short term. I am planning to move to a relatives hobby farm in July for reconnecting with some family and learning to live again. But right now I feel Suboxone is my best chance at having any form of stability in the now and near future.

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:30 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi there,

First off I'd like to say congrats. I hope you are still doing well? Get back to us and let us know. I am 32 days into this journey and love the advice :D