It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: First Day Question
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:05 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi. I joined this forum because I'm hoping you can help me.

My question is for my wife. She is trying to kick a 9 month heroin habit, which has consisted of snorting about 3-5 bags a day. This morning, approx 48 hours after last using heroin, she took her first dose of suboxone. It was an 8mg pill, that she took under the tongue, but was spitting out the orange saliva the whole time. About an hour later, she felt no better , so she took another one, this time, holding the saliva for about 15 minutes. Finally, she couldn't take it anymore and spit out the saliva with about half the pill. She fell asleep for about an hour and finally felt better when she awoke. All day, she felt pretty much ok, occasionally feeling slightly uncomfortable and nervous, but pretty good overall. However, after eating dinner at about 5:30 (approx 8 hours after taking the first two doses), she suddenly had bad stomach cramps and chills. She broke another pill and took about 40 pct of it. She is now asleep, and aside from checking her breathing to make sure she is ok, I don't know how she is feeling. Her dr told her to take 16mgs the first day, 24 the second day, 16 the third day, and then 8 per day after.

My question is, could suboxone suddenly stop working completely after 8 hours? Could she be reacting to side effects? She swore it was withdrawal pains she was feeling this evening, which is why she took the next dose. I appreciate any advice you can give, as the dr is unreachable today and I am beyond worried right now. Thank you.