It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: First day on film...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:57 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well today I switched from the tabs to the film because of the 75 dollars off.. it really is a big saving. After 15 minutes trying to rip open the package, because I had to schedule my appt 2 days after I ran out because of money issues.. I was not feeling well. I placed it under my tongue, it immediately stuck to the bottom of my tongue and all over my teeth... the taste, was horrifying. The tablets actually taste good to me and I have always liked them.. The film, tastes like disgusting medicine. It dissolved really fast, but it is way too sticky in your mouth, it bugs me because I think I won't get the full effect of it when it sticks in weird places in my mouth. But hours later, I do feel really well.. It feels stronger almost. They effect you really well, no difference, maybe even better. But I have some sort of mental bond with the taste of the tablets and I was really bummed out that they taste so much differently, its something I'll have to get used to. I hear they are going to be replacing the tablets.. which in my opinion really sucks. I really like the tablets and have been taking them for about a year.. It's weird to switch. It seems alot of people like the films but personally I'd favor the tablets. Guess we'll see how I like it after taking them for a bit... How does everyone else like them?

Hope everyone's doing well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey James ,I agree. I liked the taste of the pills too!. Ive been on them for 3 years and liked them alot! Ive been on the film for about 10 days now and dont like the taste. I also feel like they dont work as good, but everyone else seems to think they are stronger. Maybe its just bcause im so used to the pills and dont like change.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Are they really taking the tabs off the market? Or is it just a rumor?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I don't know guys, I've been on the film for 4 days and I think the pills are a bit stronger. Maybe I just need to adjust more to the film. I also like the pills better, I don't mind the taste of the pills and I always got the feeling that I got a good dose when I used them. I do like the money I'm saving with the 6 months for free plan ( copay ). I'll give it more time but I'm favoring the pills as of now. Too bad I don't have a choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've been on the film for almost 2 weeks and I like them more than the tabs. The film dissolves faster and easier, doesn't taste as bad, and they are definitely stronger it even says on the package that dosage adjustment may be needed because of the greater bio-availability. I was taking 2 to 3 8mg tabs and I'm only taking 1 to 2 films. If your tapering it's great I was able to cut one down to .125 mg pieces, so I really can't say anything negative about it.