It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:45 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Cc- I had awful headaches the first week! I'm almost at two weeks now and the last headache was Monday I think! So keep on and they will go away, I think so anyway, since its been 5ish days since I had one, so I'm no expert yet lol!! I also have the dumb and forgetfulness. I went out to dinner last night and couldn't remember for the life of me if I'd eaten anything else all day! I even came home and walked around in the kitchen thinking something would jog my memory, nope nothing! So no wonder I was starving!! I had the sluggish feeling for awhile too. For me it's been working best to break up the sub in two doses, I do half at 10am and half at 5pm. Otherwise I was feeling loopy or high during the day! I'm on day 12 but I have a cold so it's hard to say how today would be. I don't know if its the cold meds or what but I'm nodding off half way when I'm sitting watching tv or something and I'm thinking I'm somewhere else, weird!!! Oh and I had the panic feeling too, I had it awful on day 3 and 4, but it's gotten a lot better! I've been keeping a journal with each day, everything I take, times, and how I feel each day. I really am glad because for one I can help others and two I can see changes that happen. Well, glad to see you are doing pretty good!! Let me know if I can answer any questions, I'll try my best!! :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for the encouragement Emmy! I hope all is well with you. Today will be my 6th day of taking suboxone. Still every once in a while I will have a headache, but not bad. Today as my physical symptoms have pretty much gone I appear to be dealing with some psychological ones, like will my interest in life come back? If any one has any experience with this would you mind telling me what helped? Just time?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:11 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

No problem!!! Mine has been slowly coming back. I would blow people off all the time in the past, make excuses not to go to events, never wanted to go anywhere. It's been slowly changing, I'm still early in the process though. I always felt like shit though too so that was part of never wanting to do anything! Today even with a cold I have I've been out doing stuff, and asked hubby if he wanted to take the train downtown to walk around and get food! So it can only get better from here I think!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Emmy, today is a week and I do feel great. Like you said, it's slowly coming back, the juju, my husband calls it! I've probably done more this morning than the week combined. For me, right now, the suboxone has been a life saver. I hope you had a great Easter weekend, hope to talk soon, CC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:00 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yay cc!!! That's awesome!!! Sunday I was like blah times 2 with this sinus/cold thing which screwed up figuring out how I was feeling with the subs! lol!! Still was able to do more then I ever would have in the past!! So glad today is feeling good for you! I told my hubby the same thing on Saturday, that everything I did that day was more then I did in a week normally!!! Great to hear from ya! :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Starting on the 12th day today, and I'm looking forward! I'm starting to get back to a little normalcy, just got to get over the laziness (sorry, that was there before sub, lol). I can't make any sweeping proclamations as to how great life is now, I think that would be premature, but I can say life's a thousand times better now that that seeking issue is gone. Starting to work on the why's.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just started day 17! If you had told me on my first day that I would feel this "normal" I wouldn't have believed you. I feel great, no other way to put it. I've learned that for pain control (I'm a pain patient as well, things got out of hand :? ) I need to split my dose, I do like the convenience of one dose, but by 6 or 7 pm I hurt. So,......I split. But there isn't any "hunting" instinct. I hope all who start get a great result because I can really see now how addiction kills. I know I'm very new to this and I've got a lot of work before I feel like I can come off sub, but at least I can now acknowledge that my addiction was killing me. I could never do that before. Hope every one who reads this has a great day, CC