It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:35 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Quick background...

Been hooked on 150-300mgs of oxycodone for about six months. I quit on Monday, June 4th. By Tuesday, I was in incredible pain from withdrawal. I went to the ER, was given clonidine patch and #20, 50mg Ultram (tramadol) pills. Later on that same day (Tues.), I broke down and got some more oxycodone. Upset with myself and detoxing again the next morning I acquired one 8/2mg Suboxone off the streets. A close friend has been giving me a 1/4 of the Sub, once a day, every day since Wednesday which has almost completely kept the detox away... until I wake up the next morning in hell again. Anyways, I have an appointment today (Friday) at 11am with a Suboxone doctor...

I have a couple questions....

Can I tell the doctor that I have been taking Sub for the last few days illegally? Will that disqualify me?

Also, since I haven't been taking any oxycodone, just Sub, will a negative drug test for oxycodone disqualify me?
I'm obviously going to still be detoxing but there is no oxycodone in my system...

Basically I'm asking if I need to go in there with oxy in my system to prove I'm an opiate addict?

Any help is much appreciated :)))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:48 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

In a nutshell, I'm nervous I'm going to say something wrong to the Doc and he won't give me the Subs. I'm definitely detoxing, I genuinely believe I could benefit from Suboxone, and I have no intent to abuse them, but I'm worried I will say or do one wrong thing and ruin my only chance of getting clean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi tina and welcome. First off, congrats to you on making this decision to take control of your life. It's not easy and I commend you on it. Next, I'll tell you that you are certainly NOT the first person to go into a sub doctor telling them you're on sub from another source. It happens quite often actually. And you're right, you'll probably get a UA, so why not just tell her/him what you told us? It's the truth and there's no reason why you would not be eligible for suboxone treatment, that I can think of. Plus it's always good to start out with a sub doctor with honesty.

I wish you good luck with your new doctor. Come back and tell us how it went.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi tinaburger, I agree with hatmaker that it is a good idea to be honest with your new sub doctor, especially since your drug test will come up negative for sub, and they will probably see the bup on the test anyway. I'm probably too late in telling you this, since your appt is today, but come back and let us know how it went. Welcome to the forum!