It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Fire to the frying pan
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:41 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

greetings,
Im a survivor of multople aortic dissections,lupus small stroke marfan syndrome,2 open heart surgeries and all the medical events that go with it , lost my right kidney along the way, had been on multiple opiates for 20+ years took my meds as directed but my tolerance was creeping up. so I agreed to taper my medication down to a safer level in the hospital under medical supervision this is where the fun starts.
Ill make a long story shorter instaed of a gradual taper they pulled my meds cold turkey so sick thought i was going to die (was told they have a one size fits all program after admission) to sick to call my pain dr who is head of a univeristy pain managment team got mouthfuls of barbituates and subutex after 4 days i could finally crawl to the pay phone to talk to my family.lucky i didnt stroke out should have known when they toook all my belongings what was coming. got nothing againts 12 step or anyone who participates its just what was supposed to happen and what did happen are 2 different things hate to say it addiction is big business and there are plenty in the medical fields that are lined up to profit from many a souls misery,after 3 miserable sub drs finally got one who really gets it .with subs im able to use less meds but with my situation will probably be back on full opiates within 6 months they say its supposed to get easier but im finding with all ive been through i have less tolerance. ill stop rambling now peace out

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sorry to hear about your story.

Yup, addiction treatment is big biz.

How does 12 step relate to your story?

-- ji

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:59 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks Johnny,
during my taper in the hospital there was 12 step meetings, but it was nothing but war stories , i have to admit im an old goat I learned what insufflate means{didnt know} and all about street dope quality sources etc
I know many have been saved and the principles are sound the others in this floor of the hospital seemed not serious about their own situations, my problem was tolerance not abuse everyone gets the same flavor whether you like it or not in this facility with my medical history i was lucky i didnt have a complication!

MRG