It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: IT IS FINISHED
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I just figured i could post here now. I did a rapid detox for suboxone, it was not easy these last few months (not brutally hard either) but i can finally say i am done!!
I had to do this! I got tired of paying a shady doctor for drugs, tired of counting pills, tired of feeling high and low all the time.
My back pain is gone<- caused mostly in part by suboxone. My mind is clear!! I feel great! I no longer count days! I enjoy so many more things now!

This truly is freedom! I thank God that this nightmare is finally over!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good work man :)

I remember you did a post. But can I ask how it is you did a rapid detox off buprenorphine? Did you switch to methadone first, or did they use naltrexone directly?

It's heartening to see rapid-detox work for you. In my travels, not many people have had positive experiences. Maybe they've advanced their methods a bit since the old days?

Are you using any naltrexone now?

I'm familiar with the feeling of being opioid free, and how it feels to not be dependent on a drug. Hopefully I will experience it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:08 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

TeeJay,
Although I didn't have to, and was warned against it, I switched tO Percocet and ms contin 2 weeks before the detox. Even so they told me it wouldn't make much difference. The way it was explained they flood your system with Narcan to release your receptors of suboxone! But it's half life is 20 minutes. So then they pump you with naltrexone and give you a naltrexone shot ( for sub and meth detox). Also though they didn't say, I believe they give you a wicked high amt of iv Ativan or something that makes you real loopy for 5 days.

As far as the naltrexone I did use it for about 2 months then just stopped it. I was more scared of getting cravings, but I haven't had any even now. I really don't think I had but a physical addiction anyway. I am however addicted to video games!

Anyway I researched for months on rapid detox places and I only found one ( where I went) that had no bad reviews I could find. And they were less money than most. The procedure is also done in a hospital.

I am glad to be drug free! Whatever route you take TeeJay I believe you will be too! God Bless you in your recovery!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Congratulations
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:14 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I would really like it if you would continue to post how you are doing in the following days. Also, why were you on suboxone? Nice to know duration of drug use too.

Glad it worked so well for you. If I had been smarter I too would have done a quick detox. I had a bad experience with the Dr. that placed me on suboxone. Made me fear going through that horror ever again so I am tapering the hard way....

Not enough people tell the tale of Rapid Detox....

Yes you can be physically not mentally addicted and I too have no cravings. Never did.

Good luck in your future....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Of course I will be happy to continue and report my progress.

Originally when I was in my early 20's I suffered from a heroin addiction which ended in cold turkey. Not easy but I survived.

5 years later I had a back injury in which I was prescribed numerous pain killers. And it began again, but honestly I was only on the pain meds for about 3 months. I researched an out clause due to the now more popular Internet. And I found one..... If I knew now what I knew then I would have taken a week from work and just sucked it up. That cure turned out to be about 5 years of an inescapable dependancy to suboxone. And this wonderful cure was much more brutal withdrawal (to me) than any heroin withdrawal I ever endured. That is why I finally decided I cannot be shackled to something. I needed some kinda help, push and regardless of how I was talked out of it I did the rapid detox anyway. And sitting here now, I am glad I did! I just worked 15 1/2 hours today. I feel fine. No pills to get me through the day. Just Jesus (bless the Lord) and me!!

Btw my 3 month mark exactly from my rapid detox would be tomorrow the 6th.

From what I read my success with a rapid detox was a rare case. I must stress that anyone considering it please do research, I did for months. I actually only found 1 place that I could find no "dirt" on. So I took the chance. It didn't make the PAWS go away, but it got me far enough to where I could battle PAWS. Not a walk in the park but I did go back to work 3 weeks after the detox. And well you know my feelings about paws..... I had no cravings, determined to be clean, and by Gods grace I made it!

I will not be a slave to these unscrupulous doctors again! I finally have a normal doctor. And this nice Chinese lady believes as I do. Good diet, excercise, and vitamins. Not addictive pills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

10 months off to this day. Figured I'd post here as well as my rapid detox thread. I haven't touched any opiates since. I still drink a wine or 2 on occasion. B-day aniversary Christmas. I've been eating right, sleeping better, Excersising 5 days a week between weights and cardio. I've gained 15 pounds. I look much better than my underweight self. Got muscle. My wife is happy. I'm just updating my progress since I said I'd do that from time to time. I'm not counting days clean either. It just happened by chance I remembered to post. Hence the coincidence. Anyway God be with those trying to get clean!

Night

Post subject: Awesome
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:38 pm 

Thanks Night for stopping by and giving us an update. It is always a pleasure to see a member get off the medication successfully. Most of the members here are still on it and may be for life. But it is good to see the numbers increasing of those who were able to pull it off.

BTW, just how bad were the PAWS?

Congratulations!

R62

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey rule62,
Aparantly I get an email when a reply to my post is made. Anyway the worst of the paws lasted about 2 months. The problem was I was taking so many comfort meds and do many that I had a tough 3 month battle. That 3rd month was especially hard because I had to wean off all the meds and every med I dropped just gave me anxiety and insomnia issues. I say 2 months only because the feeling of opiate wd fatigue, depression, etc seemed to clear up after then. I had a hard time with the insomnia and I know it was all the other meds giving me a different withdrawal to add to my situation. After 3 months though I noticed my sleep returned naturally and when It did I knew everything was over.

It still took my lazy butt another 4 months to actually join a gym, but I have to say that is what changed my life. I feel better now than I did while on suboxone!! My sleep is so much better, I actually get tired and fall asleep within 10 minutes. While on sub id lay awake for an hour before sleep came. My health is better and looking back, it was worth the agony to be clean. Although I didn't say that then:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:30 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Sorry i was distracted while trying to answer. to properly answer your ? The first month was almost unbearable. Sleep issues, depression, lethargy, no energy, no energy, no energy, and ever present mild symptoms of the acute withdrawal. all this while taking Valium neurontin ambien etc etc. about 1 1/2 months that all slowly faded away and day by day became more bearable rapidly. Then I stopped the comfort meds cold. I realized I had to wean and that was on and off but I'd say by that 2nd month most of my symptoms were from the other stuff and month 3 was mainly insomnia and some anxiety which I contributed to benzo withdrawal from what I've read. I judge this based on memory and not my other posts.

The 3 weeks following detox I couldn't work although the first 5 days I felt fine. I went back to work after the third week and I remember the 2-3 weeks being hard. I had someone driving me around to do my jobs. I would only work 5 hours some days. It was tough. After that period it wasn't easy but nowhere near that first month and 1/2. Anyway off to the gym so later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:30 pm 

Good on you, Night! Still hate your avatar because I feel like I have to duck :), but I'm glad to hear that you're doing well! Romeo is the other dude that has totally benefited from working out. I'm sure that it is a great idea to help lift you out of the blues and PAWS. I'm sure that having the memory of the terrible withdrawals is going to help keep you away from relapses.

I'm glad your wife is responding well to your new physique and mental attitude. Hopefully, that has given you other fun recreational endeavors... :oops:

Amy