It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:20 am 
New Poster
New Poster

What can I say about myself.......I'vs twelve stepped my way back into acctive addiction so much more often than with sub..I use subutex now because I have taken suboxone early(before full...full withdrawl symtoms)....The madness that comes with that deserves its own grooup..I IV'd it too. I cannot take it because of the taste and feeling it creates. Headaces mostley. Subutex works great, and I dont get this stigma that its so great because "you can still get high"...BS Man...I liked to take it , in small doses, up to three days before my last use and have it build up in my system......smooth transition. I have the best DR. in San Diego, and affordable...Hit me up for the info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Bryce!!

Welcome to the forum..........
Im glad you found a doctor you like, and your doing well with subutex, thats awesome!!!!

I dont really do the 12 step thing either. My doctor has set up suboxone support group type meetings at the office, and theres an addiction counselor there and everything. I really enjoy that more than the meetings I was going to, but I still go once and awhile, becuase I like a few of the people that go :lol:

anyways,,,,
glad you found us,,,
again, welcome

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello Bryce! Welcome to the forum. I, too, did the twelve step thing. At first I really liked the people, and everyone was so friendly. I, unfortunately live in a small town with petty women who LIVE for gossip. I on the other hand, hate it. I hate drama, gossip, and anything that goes with it. I also started to notice that everyone in the rooms had the exact same personality. It was weird. They spoke the same, went to all the same places, and only hung out with each other. My goal with becoming clean, was to become the independent person i was before. I wanted to be reliable and dependable again. And I am. But becoming someone I wasn't, and acting like 50 other people I knew, didn't sound like my kind of sobriety. It works for some people, but from what I've been told, 12 step recovery programs have the highest failure rate of any recovery program. I'm very happy with my choice to use suboxone as an aid in my recovery.

You have definately come to the right place for support and any needed advice. Take care and keep letting us know how you are.