It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks, and yeah, it's Subutex that is administered -- not methadone (although the clinic does offer methadone).

Post subject: One month later...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well, a month later I'm happily still maintaining on 16 mgs per day. I may actually ask to try going down soon, as I feel like this might be too much (the first few days it was what I needed, however).

Honestly, I haven't looked back. I've had cravings a handful of times and there are more days when I don't think about my drug of abuse than ones where I do.

I just started getting a few take home doses. I will soon be in the clinic's Suboxone program, which will allow me to take home a month's supply on the condition that I take two hours of counseling per month and submit to a UA.

I think the buprenorphine causes some "brain fog," but other than that I have been relatively side-effect free (save for the odd sugar craving).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's great to hear you're doing so well Savoy!

And, I think it's pretty common to need a larger dose at first and then feel comfortable after stableizing on a dose to feel that you could go down. Coming from 16mg you could probably go down to 8 or 12mg without feeling any difference besides maybe a lift in that fog you are describing. That seems to happen more often with higher doses.

But whatever you do, you are doing great! It will be nice to get those take home privileges for a month, and I think seeing a counselor is a very good thing. It shows their concern for their patients that they have asked this of you.

All around good news!

Keep at it dude.

Q

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:03 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm actually I'm Fayetteville, NC. After reading your posts from last year I was just curious how things were going? Do you still have to go up there daily? How does payment work with them? Definatley considering going there.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:07 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I would lean more toward the side of unlikely on this one. It's not to say though that it isn't worth a try though. I made an appointment with an addiction counselor and when I went in I was over 48 hours into withdrawal thinking that it was an induction appointment. Apparently I was only there to fill out paperwork but when she knew I was in withdrawal she actually was able to get me into see the doctor within a few minutes. I still had to suffer for another 26 hours because my stupid insurance wouldn't preauthorize it til the next morning. I would recommend just calling and setting up an appointment. That way you have a future goal and date to look forward to. Otherwise it's likely you may forget all about it once your back to your usual routine. Like I said though it wouldn't hurt to try.