It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: FINALLY signed up....
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:45 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello board. I've been checking out the forum and suboxonetalkzone for a while now. Both have been great tools in learning as much as possible about suboxone. I was extremely pleased to see the existence of these 2 websites because as you all know, there is a lot of hatred towards suboxone floating around in cyberspace. Anyways, I just wanted to say hello to everyone and I'm hoping to become an active member of this forum. The amount of sincerity and knowledge found here is a blessing. I want to thank Dr. Junig for creating a welcoming place for people on the internet to constructively converse about recovery. I've been reading a lot of the threads and have learned a lot from you guys. Plus there have been discussions in which I felt I could have added some useful input to the conversation. Because of this, I decided to sign up. So here I am. I'll be back soon to tell you guys a little more of myself while keeping an eye on active threads. I plan on jumping right into this supportive community. Thanks everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Flatline and WELCOME! It's good to know this site has been a resource for you. We're glad you joined and hope to see you post often.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:38 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you Hat. It feels good to finally join. It's been something I've wanted to do for a long time, but for whatever reason I was just a looky-loo. I really feel like this place could be another productive tool I can use to keep the number of days increasing from the last time I used. The active posters, like you, set, don, diary, etc, constantly tell all the new posters to keep coming back. To me, it seems as though a lot of new posters start a thread about some big issue they are having and after receiving great advice from the members, that person disappears. It's too bad. I very rarely read advice given here that could be considered poor. And if someone says something that is not the greatest advice, other members step up and make it very clear what is right or wrong in the given situation. This place is similar to group therapy, except we communicate through the internet and check in on our own when convenient. That is pretty neat.

Anyways, now I'm just rambling about how I see this board. I know it can be more dynamic or more basic, depending on how one views it. These are just some random thoughts I'm throwing out there. Just thinking out loud. Well, I'm off to bed. Gotta busy and productive day ahead of me. Thanks!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks, Flatline, for saying all those great things! It's nice to know people are reading our posts and getting something out of them. You're right in that a lot of people do post and disappear. Probably just the nature of the internet.

When you're ready and feel comfortable, maybe you could post a little more about yourself (or your "story"). Again, welcome to the forum. We're really glad you're here.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Welcome to the Site....
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:01 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi flatline,
Hello & Welcome to the Forum. It has been one of the Best sources of information and support for me For most of the 16+ months I have been in Recovery! As you know from looking around you will find a wide variety of people in various stages of Recovery. In my opinion that's what make this place so great. No matter where you are in your Recovery chances are someone out here is either in the same place or has gone thru what you are feeling at the moment. When you're more comfortable please tell us more about " Your Story ". In the mean time please keep coming back and posting just to let us know how you are feeling if nothing else. Well enjoy the Forum and I wish you well in your Recovery......

God Bless
TW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:38 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hahah well you're welcome Hat! You know what's funny, I didn't intentionally say those nice things. I was just talking freely trying to fill up space in my reply. I meant every word I said, but I didn't realize they were compliments until you pointed that out. But regardless, that is how I see this board. And I think you're right when you say "just the nature of the internet."

Twin, thanks for your warm welcome. You make a good point. With such a wide spectrum of members in different points in recovery, that makes this place pretty special. Especially when you consider how much everyone just wants to see each other succeed. That is so amazing.

Hopefully later today I can tell everyone a little more about myself. But I actually have some complications I need to work out in my life. I'll definitely post later and see what you guys think. It's nothing major or sobriety threatening, but it's extremely important I work this out immediately. I look forward to hearing the responses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome Flatline, to what I think is the best recovery-related website on the 'net. This place has quickly become a major component in my recovery. What I think makes it unique is the fact that it's sponsored by an actual physician with extensive experience with suboxone and addiction, but more importantly, a forum like this is really the sum of its membership and the membership here is compassionate, kind, considerate, knowledgeable and most importantly: OPEN MINDED

I look forward to reading more about you and your recovery, Flatline!