It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:02 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Let me first start off by saying that I love the site and have spend almost 3 hours reading the site before I finally decided to sign up and make a post.

Well I guess I will tell you about myself.

I am a 29 year old guy who for the past 3-4 years has been using any sort of pain pills i could get my hands on. I started on vics and percs that i found in peoples medication cabinets. It was all harmless in my mind at that time. Eventually I got a steady connection of roxi 30's , oh how i loved those little blue pills. I remember when doing a half of one would make me itch for hours. My tolorance went up very fast and eventually i was doing 2-3 80s just to feel ok.

I guess you can say i hit my bottom recently. I have a huge habit that i cant control and I have started to IV my pills, something i was always against. I have told my family what i have been doing and they are very supportive. My fiance who has know of my habit is at her end, she is ready to leave me if i dont get help. we also have a 9 month old boy together.

I know i have to get clean for my little boy and for myself. I have seen a sub doctor and gotten a month script. My doctor is very nice and i have lucked out in finding him.

Today is day 3 of the subs and i feel great. I hope that i continue in the right direction and not look back.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and tell alittle about myself :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

congrats!!! are you taking the sub yet? did your dr give you take home pills? if so make sure you are in at least moderate withdrawals before taking an y sub. as for the roxi's i to loved those little blue pills. they were by far my favorite and i also got really hooked when i went to the 80's and i firmly beleived that the sub saaved my life. good luck and this forum is great when it comes to support.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Bunzo,

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us, I think we can all identify with where you're coming from.

Congratulations on making the choice to start Suboxone, you're just getting started, but I would guess you already can tell a big difference in how your "addictive" behaviors have ceased.

Are you working with any kind of counselor or attending any kind of AA/NA or SMART recovery? If not, I would highly suggest it.

I hope you decide to stick around the forum.