It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:31 pm 
I'm definately going to be taking Suboxone for long-term maintenance. However, I do wish to get down to the lowest dose possible for daily maintenance. In the past two months, I went down from 24 mgs, to 16 mgs, to 8 mgs, to 6 mgs. But when I tried to go to 4 mg, after a few days I would have some withdrawal symptoms. So as a compromise, now I alternate 6 mg and 4 mg, every-other-day. It works out very well, and of course averages out to be 5 mg's a day. It's weird, I spent forever going back and forth, never satisfied at either dose, until it hit me that I could just alternate. It works because of the long half-life. So maybe after a month or two, my body will really be ready for 4 mg every day.
Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:55 pm 
I guess I missed your post before Ziggy. I think the method for dosing you've worked out sounds real good. It has been kind of tricky for me as well at around that dose. I'm kind of doing similar to what you're doing right now. I take 3mg/day most days, but about every 3rd day I take 4mg. I don't know why.....but it seems like staying under 4mg/day consistently every single day just hasn't worked out for me.....not yet anyway.
How does your doctor feel about the way you're dosing? Mine is so easygoing, he's fine with whatever works for me.
Anyway, mostly just wanted to say congrats for finding what dose is working well for you!