It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:58 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

[Finally got some help today. I took my last 3 Vicoprofen yesterday morning and was Okay all day yesterday. When I woke this morning, I felt like dying. I live in OK and called every place in the darn phone book. There is absolutely no help for people who want and need it. It either cost too much money and a lot of us have no insurance. As for the State Funded Programs, there is a waiting list and I have been told you do not get the same treatment.
So I spent all day on Google. I found a list of Doctors in my area who do Medical Detox through Suboxone. I called one particular doctor on the list figuring I would get his answering service, waalaa, I was speaking directly to the Doctor. He has his office in his house and just returned to Oklahoma after spending 18 years as a Chief of Staff at a Detox Center in Arizona. My husband and I met him at his house at 6:45 this evening. I would do anything to get my pain pills. Fake injury and go to ER. Take my husbands prescritpion and buy them off the street. After the 3 were gone yesterday I said that is it until I woke up. First my whole body ached, especially my back. I had the worse stomach ache in the world. Then a migraine came on. It took me all day but I found this Doctor. We went to his home in OKC and he took a background, family history, psych history, etc....on me. I am what they call dual diagnosis because I am Bipolar with manic episodes, anxiety, OCD, mood disorder among other things. I got 6 2mg/.05 of Suboxone. I got them filled around 8:15pm. The script was written to take two sublingual right away, another two at bedtime and 2 in the morning. I have to call him tomorrow around 9-10 to see him. He wants to see how I did on it. After it kicked in about a half hour to an hour, I felt wonderful. No headache, no stomach ache, all body aches went away. I will have to say that if you are serious about quitting all Opiate drugs, detox yourself this way. The medicine is very expensisve though. It cost me 25.00 for 6 pills but it is well worth it. There are some drawbacks for me on this med. I cannot take my Adderall or Klonopin with it. Which is fine because my main concern is not wanting or needing any pain medicine. If you take pain medicine while on Suboxone, you will get such severe symptoms you feel like you want to die! My addiction started in 1997 and has been on and off for years. Pills are definately my drug of choice. I have done so much reading about drug interactions with this medicine. I am also a medical assistant and am willing to do the foot work on the computer to help anyone out in any State to find a detox program or Doctor for you. Whatever you do, do not give up hope. Quitting is easy, it is the long run you have to deal with. The best thing to do is to get on Suboxone ASAP if you are serious about quitting all pain medicine. Then get counseling or psychiatric help. Also, THIS IS A MUST, Go to NA meetings. You don't have to stand up and talk until you feel comfortable. I am going to start this coming week and my husband is going with me. I may or may not get up and talk. That all depends.
TO FINALIZE THIS, SUBOXONE IS THE WAY TO GO. YOU STILL GET THAT EUPHORIC EFFECT THAT YOU GET WITH HYDROCODONE, OXYCODONE, CODIENE, ETC.......FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME ANYTIME. I AM AN ADDICT. I AM HERE TO TRY AND HELP OTHER ADDICTS. I do not work so if you need me to look up anything at all on the computer and find you a detox if you are too busy, I WILL DO IT FOR YOU. You just have to want it really bad like I did.
GOOD NIGHT AND GOD BLESS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:33 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

You are writing this just 2 hours after taking your first suboxone. I hope that you are still in recovery, but I am sad to say that you sound like someone who does not get it.

You say that suboxone still gives you the high that vicodin gives. So what's different from the night before, when you were taking Vicoprofen?

I hope you see this and respond, and hope that you have made it.

PS-Suboxone gives you a buzz just once, the first time you take it. I'm sure you are very aware of that right now.